How to get your optimal haircut

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Been thinking about this recently and it’s actually legit considering my own head and other pics I’ve looked at.

Basically:

Keep your hair longer in areas where the skull is smaller and keep your hair shorter in areas where the skull is larger.

When talking about these sizes it’s relative to the face, here are some examples:

- If you have wide temples relative to your face, have a fade.
- If you have a short/narrow forehead, keep volume at your fringe.
- If the top of your skull is tall, keep that bit short.
- If the back of your skull is flat, keep volume there.

If you have the opposite of these examples it’s obviously vice versa.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, TheJudgeofV, Alexanderr and 17 others
Yup, idk why this isn't basic knowledge for everyone here by now. There's no one size fits all haircut and none are objectively better or worse it just depends. Not everyone has the right skull shape (or density) for tik tok pretty boy shit and likewise not everyone has the right skull shape for a fade. Even your zygos can be a factor in what cut is ideal for you, it's highly dependent

Assess your skull and choose your style accordingly

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Kingcel32, Mewton, Deleted member 15827 and 4 others
Yup, idk why this isn't basic knowledge for everyone here by now. There's no one size fits all haircut and none are objectively better or worse it just depends. Not everyone has the right skull shape (or density) for tik tok pretty boy shit and likewise not everyone has the right skull shape for a fade. Even your zygos can be a factor in what cut is ideal for you, it's highly dependent

Exactly.

I’d love to have a Tommy Shelby haircut but my face width overpowers my temples so it just makes me look fatter.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17763
if you have healthy hair it literally doesnt matter what haircut you have

you can just get the trendiest/copy whoever women think is attractive on insta/tiktok at the moment or keep it long or w/e

your hair being thick and healthy looking is the most important factor not the style imo

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Deleted member 15827, CokoMleko and 2 others
Been thinking about this recently and it’s actually legit considering my own head and other pics I’ve looked at.

Basically:

Keep your hair longer in areas where the skull is smaller and keep your hair shorter in areas where the skull is larger.

When talking about these sizes it’s relative to the face, here are some examples:

- If you have wide temples relative to your face, have a fade.
- If you have a short/narrow forehead, keep volume at your fringe.
- If the top of your skull is tall, keep that bit short.
- If the back of your skull is flat, keep volume there.

If you have the opposite of these examples it’s obviously vice versa.
High iq

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
This is only true if your skull doesn't deviate from average too much in any way. If that is the case then sure you can rock anything and it doesn't matter, but if not it does actually become quite important to choose the right cut

• +1
Reactions: Lux and JamesHowlett

you can just get the trendiest/copy whoever women think is attractive on insta/tiktok at the moment or keep it long or w/e

your hair being thick and healthy looking is the most important factor not the style imo
Sure you can get away with certain styles with healthy hair but I’m talking about getting your optimal haircut.

Also I’m not talking about the hairstyle, I’m talking about the haircut, both are two different things.

Last edited:
@ifyouwannabemylover I’m open to any counter examples?

@ifyouwannabemylover I’m open to any counter examples?
if you have wide temples you'd want to make them look narrower so why get a fade? wide temples need longer hair

wide temples + short hair/fade = alien head

• +1
Reactions: germanlooks and Lux
if you have wide temples you'd want to make them look narrower so why get a fade? wide temples need longer hair

wide temples + short hair/fade = alien head
You’ve got it the wrong way round.

Having more volume at the sides would clearly make your head wider?

Wide temples relative to face always looks better with fade/short hair. Here’s one example off the top of my head:

A83DE036 9615 415A 935D DC9A8DBE405F
5F66ACAD 3409 44F6 BED1 EA1DABCC0B79

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
You’ve got it the wrong way round.

Having more volume at the sides would clearly make your head wider?

Wide temples relative to face always looks better with fade/short hair. Here’s one example off the top of my head:

View attachment 1676889View attachment 1676888
his aren't that wide imo and he still has decent length on top falling over his temple area which is what you need. he pulled off longer hair just fine too.

cillian-murphy-long-hair-26zdt8v9ax1d07a5.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551, JamesHowlett and Deprived
his aren't that wide imo and he still has decent length on top falling over his temple area which is what you need. he pulled off longer hair just fine too.

cillian-murphy-long-hair-26zdt8v9ax1d07a5.jpg
His temples are noticeable wider than his face, pretty obvious really, here’s another angle:

710E4A6E DA52 4368 9D87 21BDF4E29DB9

Also this just proves you know nothing about hair and appeal. Every single girl I’ve spoken to about this finds Cillian literally revolting with long hair, calling him a frog too. Everyone thinks he looks the best with shaved sides.

Another example is Luke Evans, he has a large skull everywhere (especially temples) and has always looked better with a Buzzcut:

2AC40B5F ED6D 42C2 ABB8 19F476555284
9258A03B 1E0C 4458 9710 72878ECAB3F5

Last edited:
  • +1
Also this just proves you know nothing about hair and appeal. Every single girl I’ve spoken to about this finds Cillian literally revolting with long hair, calling him a frog too. Everyone thinks he looks the best with shaved sides.
aight go get your fade bro

Side-Combed-Thin-Hair-with-Receeding-Hairline.jpg

N6DM55K4S5HHVDKMUGZWFWGPZY.jpg

literally not a single point you listed there makes any sort of sense and you didn't mention medium/long hair anywhere letting me know you're another retard with male gaze who still thinks every mofo should be running around with some short/fade haircut even when it makes them look like bloated potato heads

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thatrandomteen and Deleted member 19551

literally not a single point you listed there makes any sort of sense and you didn't mention medium/long hair anywhere letting me know you're another retard with male gaze who still thinks every mofo should be running around with some short/fade haircut even when it makes them look like bloated potato heads
You have the logical capacity of a fucking child.

I literally said you should have longer hair on the areas where your skull is small relative to your face.

Posting pictures without comparison is utterly pointless, I can easily post a picture of a truecel with long hair. You need to have comparisons like I did.

Do you have a pic of the first guy with medium hair all over? I can already tell that his face would look tiny if he had medium hair all over.

The second guy, his jaw looks as wide as his temples, so using my guide he clearly wouldn’t go skin all the way up his sides.

Are you seeing how retarded your arguments are now? Go learn to read and stop wasting my time.

• +1
Reactions: MakinMogReturns, beingmoreattractive, Deleted member 16346 and 1 other person
Go learn to read and stop wasting my time.
you're overanalyzing shit that hardly matters. go ask a bunch of foids whether that guy you posted above looks better with a buzzcut like you said and they'll shut you right down. but I'm out. :feelsez:

Last edited:

he is a well known braindead redpiller. fade, weight, stubble guy

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 19551, Deprived and 1 other person
he is a well known braindead redpiller. fade, weight, stubble guy
People change, haircut depends, there’s no one size fits all.

Low Bodyfat is the number 1 individual looksmax, no debate about that. It’s also hard and there are way too many people here who aren’t lean which is why I make fat loss threads.

Facial hair hair makes majority of men look better, again no debate.

So I don’t get what your issue with me is.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
you're overanalyzing shit that hardly matters. go ask a bunch of foids whether that guy you posted above looks better with a buzzcut like you said and they'll shut you right down. but I'm out. :feelsez:
My rule is as simple as can be; more hair where skull is smaller, less hair where it’s bigger, where am I over analysing? I mean, you’re trying to debunk my guide (and failing hard). This is a looksmaxxing website.

I’ve asked plenty of girls the Cillian question and their views are strongly for Cillian having the short sides.

Low Bodyfat is the number 1 individual looksmax, no debate about that. It’s also hard and there are way too many people here who aren’t lean which is why I make fat loss threads.
if you are overweight and need to ask people if you should lose weight there must be something wrong with you

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and JamesHowlett
if you are overweight and need to ask people if you should lose weight there must be something wrong with you
I’ve seen it here many times.

I also see people talking about surgery while overweight, it’s fucked up.

Surprised no one came in here saying “curtains/long hair/fade etc is the best” lol, I think people are learning

Took me a while to realise myself that fade isn’t for everyone.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and Deleted member 17763
The best way to get the optimal haircut is having your own personal hair stylist/barber.

It matters u just arent looksmaxxed

And hairstyle matters too but idk how to max it out.
Tought ? @JamesHowlett

The best way to get the optimal haircut is having your own personal hair stylist/barber.
Ok, but this guide can be used to tell them what you want.

Surprised no one came in here saying “curtains/long hair/fade etc is the best” lol, I think people are learning

Took me a while to realise myself that fade isn’t for everyone.
We should start a blackpill barbershop where we have a team of autists thoroughly analyze bone structure and ratios to determine exactly how the clients hair should be cut for optimal psl, then our in house barber team makes it happen

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Oberyn and JamesHowlett
It matters u just arent looksmaxxed

And hairstyle matters too but idk how to max it out.
Tought ? @JamesHowlett
Hair matters a lot, people who say otherwise are delusional.

Hairstyle depends on the actual haircut.

• +1
We should start a blackpill barbershop where we have a team of autists thoroughly analyze bone structure and ratios to determine exactly how the clients hair should be cut for optimal psl, then our in house barber team makes it happen
Haha this would actually ascend a lot of normies tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840 and Deleted member 17763
Ok, but this guide can be used to tell them what you want.
I guess, but the only way to really get the hairstyle you want is having a person who will listen to your every request. Like how much volume you want on the top, whether you would like to get it blended or not, using scissors versus using clippers, etc.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sytyl
I guess, but the only way to really get the hairstyle you want is having a person who will listen to your every request. Like how much volume you want on the top, whether you would like to get it blended or not, using scissors versus using clippers, etc.
And what if you don’t know what looks the best on you? Its like blackpill, there are some objective basis you can’t get away from

• +1
@sytyl what hairstyle

• JFL
Reactions: Deprived and sytyl
My guide is about knowing what to get. The execution of said haircut is out of your control and irrelevant to what I’m saying.

• Love it
And what if you don’t know what looks the best on you? Its like blackpill, there are some objective basis you can’t get away from
I honestly think every guy would benefit from medium length that blends in perfectly to shorter sides and back. You want to find someone that will primarily use scissors. This allows you play around with your hair enough to go with the style that you would want. I personally keep my bangs down and to the right since it makes me look younger and I still look like I'm 16. This wouldn't apply to black guys though obviously.

• +1
I honestly think every guy would benefit from medium length that blends in perfectly to shorter sides and back. You want to find someone that will primarily use scissors. This allows you play around with your hair enough to go with the style that you would want. I personally keep my bangs down and to the right since it makes me look younger and I still look like I'm 16. This wouldn't apply to black guys though obviously.
You’re projecting and prescribing a specific haircut to every man, this is objectively wrong.

Everyone has different head and face shapes, this softer style wouldn’t suit a lot of men.

• +1
I think there was a study that bangs/hair should be dressed to the right always but yes overall it works for many people

The execution of said haircut is out of your control
It isn't though, you can say things like "I only want a 1/4 inch off the top and 1 inch on the side and back, and want it blended with scissors". Getting the right hairstylist that will actually listen to you gives you that control.

It isn't though, you can say things like "I only want a 1/4 inch off the top and 1 inch on the side and back, and want it blended with scissors". Getting the right hairstylist that will actually listen to you gives you that control.
You’re completely missing the point. My guide is telling you what to say to the barber, like how much to take off etc, so what’s the issue?

I’m saying you can’t literally control the barber’s motor skills. If you say “take off 1/4 inch” and the barber listens, you can’t control whether they’ll make a mistake or miscalculate.

You’re projecting and prescribing a specific haircut to every man, this is objectively wrong.

Everyone has different head and face shapes, this softer style wouldn’t suit a lot of men.
Well yea, but for the most part every guy could achieve said haircut and look good. It would just depend on how they styled it at that point. Obviously you have to consider head shape, hair thickness, hair texture, etc. but your hairstylist, if you get the right one, should be able to figure that out.

Well yea, but for the most part every guy could achieve said haircut and look good. It would just depend on how they styled it at that point. Obviously you have to consider head shape, hair thickness, hair texture, etc. but your hairstylist, if you get the right one, should be able to figure that out.
I’m talking about what would be optimal, of course there are guys that can look good with a lot of cuts.

My guide is considering head shape and letting you know what to tell your barber/hairstylist. If they know exactly what to do with your hair without you saying anything then that’s fine.

• +1
Reactions: Cope
You’re completely missing the point. My guide is telling you what to say to the barber, like how much to take off etc, so what’s the issue?

I’m saying you can’t literally control the barber’s motor skills. If you say “take off 1/4 inch” and the barber listens, you can’t control whether they’ll make a mistake or miscalculate.
Well duh, I'm simply saying that you can control the outcome if you know what to ask ahead of time.

I think there was a study that bangs/hair should be dressed to the right always but yes overall it works for many people
Yea, but it's not rocket science. I like my current hairstyle because it gives me that prettyboy look without looking like too much of a fuckboy.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett and Deleted member 18840
Spot on abt temple width I think

• +1
Spot on abt temple width I think
It’s literally the reason why fades make fat people look like bloated potatoes; their face is wider than their temples.

I have masseters as wide as my temples (or wider depending on bloat/bf%), skin fade with medium length top makes my face look giga-bloated.

Only time skin fade suits my face is if I buzz the top to a very small length, this seems to bring the whole face into balance.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Oberyn and Deprived
This is all very true.

• +1