How to increase Bigonial angle/mandible width?

G

GetThatBread

Retired
Can Rotterdam Midline Distractors help? Also Bologna Midline Distractors or MSDO.

All 3 are extremely similar

Attachments

• 4755B43E-0AEF-44C1-8E26-E8F60ABC13F9.jpeg
    4755B43E-0AEF-44C1-8E26-E8F60ABC13F9.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 041A97DB-CA79-4593-8BE6-14D9FE9A6329.jpeg
    041A97DB-CA79-4593-8BE6-14D9FE9A6329.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 92
  • 15270A97-0230-40A3-8270-8E497A32A91B.jpeg
    15270A97-0230-40A3-8270-8E497A32A91B.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 85
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and thecel
How much does this cost and what is it are they widening your jaw

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172
How much does this cost and what is it are they widening your jaw

Here’s the site, click on mandible and see the ones that I shared on this post. I can’t really tell if the entire lower jaw widened or just the certain area that was targeted (chin)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172, Deleted member 3990 and Chadelite
I’m gonna get 2ml fillers soon to see the result. If it looks fine I’ll look for perma fillers (i.e. bellafill) or implants. Not sure about chin wing .

• +1
I’m not very familiar with these. Do you know how the gap gets filled in at the end?

Is it a similar mechanism of action to distraction osteogenesis that the idea is that the bone will fuse together and grow new?

I’d be more inclined to worry about a lack of bone growth after extending and then requiring something like a bone graft. Maybe that’s a bit extreme though.

Im assuming you visit your ortho every few weeks with this device to make sure everything is all good?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172, thecel and Golden Glass
I’m not very familiar with these. Do you know how the gap gets filled in at the end?

Is it a similar mechanism of action to distraction osteogenesis that the idea is that the bone will fuse together and grow new?

I’d be more inclined to worry about a lack of bone growth after extending and then requiring something like a bone graft. Maybe that’s a bit extreme though.

Im assuming you visit your ortho every few weeks with this device to make sure everything is all good?
Yes it’s similar to distraction osteogenesis where new bone is consolidated and I don’t see how that’s even possible where bone growth isn’t guaranteed after being disrupted, although it could be a possibility. My question is does it widen the entire lower jaw? If so then that is extreme life fuel and would tell my ortho to expand 2cm laterally to give me that Meeks look. This is all transversal expansion laterally, The same company also offers saggital expansion
Yes it’s similar to distraction osteogenesis where new bone is consolidated and I don’t see how that’s even possible where bone growth isn’t guaranteed after being disrupted, although it could be a possibility. My question is does it widen the entire lower jaw? If so then that is extreme life fuel and would tell my ortho to expand 2cm laterally to give me that Meeks look. This is all transversal expansion laterally, The same company also offers saggital expansion

Attachments

• B347F408-341B-4077-984E-3532D847EA4A.png
    B347F408-341B-4077-984E-3532D847EA4A.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 86
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and thecel
Yeah that is indeed huge.

I would probably contact the makers and ask them your questions as it seems these are relatively unfamiliar devices it seems in this community and would be less prone to knowing

I wonder how long the process would take in total for that amount of movement, and obvious the device has to be surgically placed as well no? Or would local aenesthetic like In a dentists office suffice?

• +1
Pretty crazy appliances

• +1
one of my biggest flaws - bigonial width
I’m gonna get 2ml fillers soon to see the result. If it looks fine I’ll look for perma fillers (i.e. bellafill) or implants. Not sure about chin wing .
I believe fillers should be injected beneath the muscle to look good. Otherwise it would probably just look bloated and undefined.

Last edited:
  • +1
surgery

• +1
MSDO expands the lower jaw, so theoretically it could give you a wider bigonial width.

• +1
one of my biggest flaws - bigonial width

I believe fillers should be injected beneath the muscle to look good. Otherwise it would probably just look bloated and undefined.
you look ubermensch in your avi have you already looksmaxed ?

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
you look ubermensch in your avi have you already looksmaxed ?
I am looksmaxxing and it's still a long way to go but I appreciate your statement

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Palate expanders. This guy's facial width increased by 8 millimeters (I think both bizygomatic and bigonial but especially bizygomatic) after using the Homeoblock upper and lower appliance. Also you can increase facial width by an extra 1-2 millimeters by getting straight teeth if you have a few crooked teeth. I would recommend Invisalign aligners considering it doesn't destroy your maxilla.

• +1
Yeah that is indeed huge.

I would probably contact the makers and ask them your questions as it seems these are relatively unfamiliar devices it seems in this community and would be less prone to knowing

I wonder how long the process would take in total for that amount of movement, and obvious the device has to be surgically placed as well no? Or would local aenesthetic like In a dentists office suffice?

@her @SirGey @Almu does the entire jaw widen? The simulation is said what to expect from the device

• +1

Here’s the site, click on mandible and see the ones that I shared on this post. I can’t really tell if the entire lower jaw widened or just the certain area that was targeted (chin)

this one looks interesting af
Palate expanders. This guy's facial width increased by 8 millimeters (I think both bizygomatic and bigonial but especially bizygomatic) after using the Homeoblock upper and lower appliance. Also you can increase facial width by an extra 1-2 millimeters by getting straight teeth if you have a few crooked teeth. I would recommend Invisalign aligners considering it doesn't destroy your maxilla.

is your avi a morph of ERiksen and Maher ?

Last edited:
So we would to experiment by asking our orthodontist to use this device on us?

MSDO expands the lower jaw, so theoretically it could give you a wider bigonial width.
Sadly no, the back of your mandible rotate outward to allow the front side to widen, but the bigonial width only depends on the distance between the 2 mandibular fossae of your temporal bones. So the only way to legit incresaise bigonial width is from implant.
But if you are a narrowcell, you would need a bug amount of widening, and as the mandible is located under cheekbones, you cannot widen your mandible wider than your actual inner zygoma. So only hgh can save narrowcells, to widen all the facial bones, and a skull implant.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and her
Sadly no, the back of your mandible rotate outward to allow the front side to widen, but the bigonial width only depends on the distance between the 2 mandibular fossae of your temporal bones. So the only way to legit incresaise bigonial width is from implant.
But if you are a narrowcell, you would need a bug amount of widening, and as the mandible is located under cheekbones, you cannot widen your mandible wider than your actual inner zygoma. So only hgh can save narrowcells, to widen all the facial bones, and a skull implant.
But hgh+ chewing isn't cope.
Don't forget to equally chew between front and backside as well as between left and right side.
Like take a 1 hour chewing session in the morning and a 1 hour chewing session in the evening.
And take your hgh daily.
it does work legit, as canine chewing and incisor chewing develop the browridge and molar chewing widen your skull (the brain doesn't need to grow as your skull also thicken from inward untill reaching your brain)

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and GetThatBread
Chewing works the same way for you than a 15 years old teen, as long as you use hgh,and that's untill your 70s.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
your skull suture never totally close untill elderly. They are less movable, but remain unossified. Chewing is violent for your bone that would need to adapt.
I

Attachments

• C84D4E7B-9172-43B8-A5F5-B6B50B9390D8.png
    C84D4E7B-9172-43B8-A5F5-B6B50B9390D8.png
    471.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 8563BC9A-197A-4CF8-B4F8-04589FEDA704.png
    8563BC9A-197A-4CF8-B4F8-04589FEDA704.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 65101E09-86DB-42DC-9C26-5FA441122248.png
    65101E09-86DB-42DC-9C26-5FA441122248.png
    558.7 KB · Views: 40
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
your skull suture never totally close untill elderly. They are less movable, but remain unossified. Chewing is violent for your bone that would need to adapt.
I
so chewing would widen the jaw?

Its utterly over for narrowjawcels. Implants are only solution it seems

whats yr bigonial?