My palate before and after expansion

Hades

Hades

I used to do drugs, I still do, but I used to too.
Expanded the maxilla 8mm and mandible 9mm at 18 years old and am now finishing with invisalign (tray 20/32) at 20 years old.

My palate width went from ~37mm at the second molar to ~45mm at the third molars. The expansion stage took about 1 year.

Oh and sorry about the bad camera quality in the before, I only had an iPod at the time since my phone broke.

Before
F9F847EB A7D3 4751 8A3F BE6C776F3E59

After
FBBB72C9 1DFC 4D1B BD48 0997EED8FA61

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Allornothing, try2beme, Aspiemogger and 48 others
before picture lookin like picasso renaissance davinci paintin tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manfrommars, roping3264, bugeye and 28 others
before picture lookin like picasso renaissance davinci paintin tbh
Yeah it’s pretty damn bad, but it’s the only one I got. Plus it’s zoomed in a ton.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Did your face get wider

Did your face get wider
Yep, it increased from 137.5mm to 145.5mm. I bought a pair of outside calipers before treatment to see if it would actually increase my facial width. It did very much so.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: try2beme, HighClassMaxing, mug and 18 others
lo
Expanded the maxilla 8mm and mandible 9mm at 18 years old and am now finishing with invisalign (tray 20/32) at 20 years old.

My palate width went from ~37mm at the second molar to ~45mm at the third molars. The expansion stage took about 1 year.

Oh and sorry about the bad camera quality in the before, I only had an iPod at the time since my phone broke.

Before
View attachment 222526

After
View attachment 222530
Looks a lot better. Did you notice any improvement in your cheekbones?

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
Do you have before and after frontal pics of your face?
Also whos the guy in your avi, i keep forgetting his name

lo

Looks a lot better. Did you notice any improvement in your cheekbones?
Yeah cheekbones got slightly more prominent, not too much, but definitely enough to notice. My facial width also increased by 8mm as well.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, AscendingHero and Sikkunt23
Wait so did you expand it by using invisalign? Dont understand

Do you have before and after frontal pics of your face?
Also whos the guy in your avi, i keep forgetting his name
Yes, but not sure yet if I want to share them. And it’s Max Henhappel.
Wait so did you expand it by using invisalign? Dont understand
No I expanded using the homeoblock upper and lower appliance. My teeth were still slightly crooked with spaces afterwards so I’m finishing with invisalign. The invisalign is actually expanding 1-2 more millimeters though.

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius, Toth's thot, AscendingHero and 3 others
Is this possible at 24? Which kind of dr. does this? MSE vs this what should be preferred?

Is this possible at 24? Which kind of dr. does this? MSE vs this what should be preferred?
At 24 you’ll probably need MSE. I was 18 and a late bloomer and my maxilla suture was still loosely attached so it was possible with a regular expander.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing, try2beme, ShowerMaxxing and 5 others

Before
View attachment 222526

After
View attachment 222530
Did your skull get wider too? Also what palate expander did you use?

• +1
Reactions: JustTrynaGrow and noped
just link me to whatever you bought in pms
I'm ordering stuff off Amazon atm rn so I may aswell order this too

• +1
Reactions: noped
chad in the making

• +1
@Hades come on bro. Tell us. What did you use?

Did your skull get wider too? Also what palate expander did you use?
I used the homeoblock expander. For the lower arch I used the schwartz appliance I think, it might’ve been homeoblock as well. Either it was an acrylic appliance. I’m not sure about skull getting wider (I didn’t think to measure that), but I know my zygos got significantly wider by 8 mm. I used to be a narrow faced kid and now my face is noticeably wider to the point people comment on it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mug, Toth's thot, highT and 6 others
Can u post the link?
I didn’t get it through a site. I got it through an orthodontist. You might be able to order it from here though.

I didn’t get it through a site. I got it through an orthodontist. You might be able to order it from here though.

Or this site. Is how you can find a provider.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, Toth's thot and noped
How do u even consult to have ur palate expanded? Did u just tell ur ortho u had a tiny palate?
The best way to do it is to seek palate expansion for TMJ or sleep apnea because then insurance is more likely to pay for it because it’s considered a medical problem. The homeoblock was originally created for that purpose.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Ogmanman and noped
The best way to do it is to seek palate expansion for TMJ or sleep apnea because then insurance is more likely to pay for it because it’s considered a medical problem. The homeoblock was originally created for that purpose.
Did you expand the lower jaw at all?

Would a myobrace for adults have a similar effect or is it cope compared to this appliance?

• +1
Yep, it increased from 137.5mm to 145.5mm. I bought a pair of outside calipers before treatment to see if it would actually increase my facial width. It did very much so.
mandible or zygos? do your maxilla get longer i hear non surgical palate expander cause maxilla lenght

I used the homeoblock expander. For the lower arch I used the schwartz appliance I think, it might’ve been homeoblock as well. Either it was an acrylic appliance. I’m not sure about skull getting wider (I didn’t think to measure that), but I know my zygos got significantly wider by 8 mm. I used to be a narrow faced kid and now my face is noticeably wider to the point people comment on it.
Gonna do it too. My bigonial and bizygos are like 13.5 cm.

• +1
Reactions: Hades
Where you from? I fucking need this and rhino to be a very GL motherfucker. How much cost it? I have € saved lol.

I am 20 late boomer too.
Looks so fucking good brah

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and noped
Where you from? I fucking need this and rhino to be a very GL motherfucker. How much cost it? I have € saved lol.

I am 20 late boomer too.
do you still grow?
does it make sense to do this at 21yr?

do you still grow?

does it make sense to do this at 21yr?
People that see me twice a year, say I am taller and more GL everytime I see them, but not in a sugarcoating way, in a way like: "damn you changed a lot, you look much better"

• +1
Reactions: Ogmanman
Would a myobrace for adults have a similar effect or is it cope compared to this appliance?
Myobrace is cope compared to this appliance.
mandible or zygos? do your maxilla get longer i hear non surgical palate expander cause maxilla lenght
Zygos. I did the mandibular arch too and widen it by about 8-9mm. And my maxilla stayed the same length. I measured my new indicator line before and after expansion and it was the same. New indicator line is the distance from the front teeth to the nasal tip. Mine stayed at 42.5mm.

I am 20 late boomer too.
I’m from the midwest in the USA. It can cost upwards of 5k, but if you have good insurance they’ll pay for most of it.
Myobrace is cope compared to this appliance.

Zygos. I did the mandibular arch too and widen it by about 8-9mm. And my maxilla stayed the same length. I measured my new indicator line before and after expansion and it was the same. New indicator line is the distance from the front teeth to the nasal tip. Mine stayed at 42.5mm.

I’m from the midwest in the USA. It can cost upwards of 5k, but if you have good insurance they’ll pay for most of it.
btw I meant MEW indicator line but autocorrect

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Golden Glass and noped
@CopingCel @HighIQcel @Hector

Since the facial bones are made out of cancellous bones it will never stop growing unlike growth palates. It just slows till its becomes insignificant but other then the growth palates it keeps the potential.
The end of puberty is just the end of linear growth.

So it is worth trying even after puberty.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, BeestungLipsTheory, Ogmanman and 4 others
do you need ortho to buy schwartz appliance? or you buy from braces shop?

I need this so bad

@mods sticky this tbh

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 685, MoostWestThuisBest and 4 others
How much change in your breathing? What is your lower palate width?

How much change in your breathing? What is your lower palate width?
Breathing is much better now. Much more nasal volume. Lower palate width is ~43mm at the moment.

• +1
Why'd you go with this instead of MSE? Also, did insurance pay for the treatment or did you have to pay 5k out of pocket? I'm slightly younger than you and looking for pretty much the exact same thing. If you're willing to send before-afters can you pm me.

Why'd you go with this instead of MSE? Also, did insurance pay for the treatment or did you have to pay 5k out of pocket? I'm slightly younger than you and looking for pretty much the exact same thing. If you're willing to send before-afters can you pm me.
I didn’t know about MSE at the time I started treatment. Insurance covered about 80% of it in my case. I can send a couple.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, curryslayerordeath and noped
UPDATE: For anyone that was wondering about the invisalign treatment. The treatment is specially planned to move my teeth outwards not inwards to continue expansion. I’m currently on tray 21/32 and I have a picture of the trays for anyone that was wondering.

E6DC72EB 10D3 405C 81D7 ACACCEA835AE

(Quarter is for size reference) As you can see both arches are significantly wide, it’s reaching close to 46mm at the back molars.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: acensionincoming, Toth's thot, Entschuldigung and 2 others
Expansion is possible with Invisalign ? What did you use for expansion ?

Expansion is possible with Invisalign ? What did you use for expansion ?
Only slight expansion is possible with invisalign. I used the homeoblock and schwartz appliance for expansion though. The invisalign is just to correct minor issues with my bite.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 6403
Only slight expansion is possible with invisalign. I used the homeoblock and schwartz appliance for expansion though. The invisalign is just to correct minor issues with my bite.
Nice how much did you pay for the whole treatment, I also have really minor issues

• +1
This is good news, there really isnt a major difference between a 18y/o and some1 in their early 20s alot of people would benefit from this. OP could also be an outlier and respond really well to it, im doing a similiar protocol to OP and im expanding like a child at 23y/o.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, Deleted member 6403, Warlow and 3 others
This is good news, there really isnt a major difference between a 18y/o and some1 in their early 20s alot of people would benefit from this. OP could also be an outlier and respond really well to it, im doing a similiar protocol to OP and im expanding like a child at 23y/o.
Yeah that’s true, most people should be able to see results around their early 20s. I was significantly behind in development in relation to my peers though when I started treatment. I looked 2-3 years younger than I was, now I look more so my age.

• +1
This thread = Bumped

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, BeestungLipsTheory, Deleted member 685 and 2 others
I currently have a y-plate expander (DNA) that looks like this

4 157be57b355d39 600x6002x

Would you say this would do the same job as your homeoblock?

did your ipd increase ? what was the cost? also did u have braces after and all this was completed in a year?

Why both appliances? Was some not as effectvove as the other or did they complement each other?

Only zygos or also mandible ?

how the fuck do i take a picture of my palate? sry im low iq