How to know when you have stopped growing?

genlk

genlk

Iron
I'm 13, 5'11 and my dad is roughly the same height. He stopped growing around the same age as me and I'm interested if there is any way to tell if you have stopped growing, I never really had any growth spurts or anything, just kind of always grow the same amount each year and I have always been tall. My grandfathers are both above 6,2. If there is anyway I can find if I stopped growing, please give any valuable information that could help me.

People start making fun of your height irl

• +1
Reactions: tempelcat4
someone ban this nigga

• +1
Reactions: mogpending, Hernan, VolcelFTW and 1 other person
your the same height for a long time

I'm 13, 5'11 and my dad is roughly the same height. He stopped growing around the same age as me and I'm interested if there is any way to tell if you have stopped growing, I never really had any growth spurts or anything, just kind of always grow the same amount each year and I have always been tall. My grandfathers are both above 6,2. If there is anyway I can find if I stopped growing, please give any valuable information that could help me.
you’re 13 so you’ve got time to grow. You’ll be settled around 17-18 I think even if you’ll defenitely stop growing after 21

• +1
Reactions: viniciz
1) Tanner Stage
2) Bone age X-ray
3) Ask your dad when he stopped growing, you'll stop at around the same age.

Take a test which determines your tanner stage and then tell me what stage youre in.

1) Tanner Stage
2) Bone age X-ray
3) Ask your dad when he stopped growing, you'll stop at around the same age.

Take a test which determines your tanner stage and then tell me what stage youre in.
Haven't done an actual test but I looked it up, I'm in-between stage 2 and 3 at the moment from what the websites says.

Haven't done an actual test but I looked it up, I'm in-between stage 2 and 3 at the moment from what the websites says.
damn you're gonna be really tall i think, after tanner stage 3 and average male around 8" in height. So I'd say you will end up 6’3" minimum, 6'8 max. My prediction would be 6’7”.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and genlk
youngcel

• JFL
Reactions: mid
damn you're gonna be really tall i think, after tanner stage 3 and average male around 8" in height. So I'd say you will end up 6’3" minimum, 6'8 max. My prediction would be 6’7”.
I'm 5'8.5 at 16 and 9 months and I'm tanner stage 4.3. My parents are 5'5 and 5'7, does that mean I'm done growing?

I'm 5'8.5 at 16 and 9 months and I'm tanner stage 4.3. My parents are 5'5 and 5'7, does that mean I'm done growing?
you will still grow. I would say you will end up between 5'9.5" – 6'0". Most probably around 5'11".

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
you’re 13 so you’ve got time to grow. You’ll be settled around 17-18 I think even if you’ll defenitely stop growing after 21
No he won't, he said his dad stopped growing at his exact age so it's probably over or 1 or 1.5 years more

• +1
Reactions: alekspolska88
you will still grow. I would say you will end up between 5'9.5" – 6'0". Most probably around 5'11".
Is that based on how much males grow in tanner stage 4.3?
I've grown about an inch the last 8 months so I'm really hoping I don't stop.

Is that based on how much males grow in tanner stage 4.3?
I've grown about an inch the last 8 months so I'm really hoping I don't stop.
kinda, yeah.

so you were 5'7.5" at 16? average 16 yr old male who is 5'7.5" grows up to be 5'9".

kinda, yeah.

so you were 5'7.5" at 16? average 16 yr old male who is 5'7.5" grows up to be 5'9".
Yeah I was 5'7.5" at 16, 5'6 at 15, 5'4.57 at 14 years 5 months, and 5'3.78 at 13 years 11 months

Wait so I'd only have half an inch of growth left? But I'm in tanner stage 4.3. Oh is the average male not in tanner stage 4.3 by that time?

Yeah I was 5'7.5" at 16, 5'6 at 15, 5'4.57 at 14 years 5 months, and 5'3.78 at 13 years 11 months

Wait so I'd only have half an inch of growth left? But I'm in tanner stage 4.3. Oh is the average male not in tanner stage 4.3 by that time?
You most probably are not in tanner stage 4. Your growth pattern shows you're gonna end up 5'9.5".
If you were in TS 4, you would end up around 6'0".

Maybe go to a doctor, thats the best option.

I used the tanner stage calculator online and it said 4.3 though. Yeah I'll ask my doctor about it then.