How to lean down to 10% BF easily at 17?

D

Deleted member 1849

heightmaxxer
I'm unfortunately chubbier then I would like to be. Sitting around 14-15% BF. 5"9 and 145 lbs.

What's the easiest way to lean down?

I'm gonna start eating lean meats and veggies and snacking on low calorie foods if I get hungry. Lifting three times a week and cardio. What else?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756
Mew

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: RoundHouse, datboijj, volcelfatcel and 1 other person
Stop eating

don't diet when you are 14%-15% bf at 17, you can possibly stunt your growth which is worse, also 14%-15% is a good bf

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Stallone, Lawton88, Deleted member 9819 and 4 others
don't diet when you are 14%-15% bf at 17, you can possibly stunt your growth which is worse, also 14%-15% is a good bf
i am 15 25% bf 6'0 ~177 pounds, you think i should cut or will it stunt growth? i am ugly af unless i lean, then i will be less ugly

clenbuterol

i am 15 25% bf 6'0 ~177 pounds, you think i should cut or will it stunt growth? i am ugly af unless i lean, then i will be less ugly
yes but eat a lot of protein and meat, also take a multivitamin and cod liver oil
growth issues come when you diet at sub 15% in puberty, not when you are overweight

• +1
Reactions: curryboy123
you can go into ketosis too

• +1
Reactions: RICO
yes but eat a lot of protein and meat, also take a multivitamin and cod liver oil
growth issues come when you diet at sub 15% in puberty, not when you are overweight
ight nice, how much of a deficit?

also can you dm me please

• +1
Reactions: curryboy123, Deleted member 7901 and Lars
500, don't listen to anyone that tells you to do 1000, it isn't a race
Yeah someone told me do 1700 cal a day lmao. My TDEE is 2.9k too. I might just do 300 cal cut

Yeah someone told me do 1700 cal a day lmao. My TDEE is 2.9k too. I might just do 300 cal cut
300 deficit is perfect, if you are a beginner you'll gain plenty of muscle at 300 cal deficit. To go from 15% to 10% on a 300 deficit will be like 4-5 month journey, so you need to be patient. From my personal experience its faster and better to just cut at 20% deficit for 6 weeks and be at 10-12% than perma deficit for 5 months. Its up to you.

I'm unfortunately chubbier then I would like to be. Sitting around 14-15% BF. 5"9 and 145 lbs.

What's the easiest way to lean down?

I'm gonna start eating lean meats and veggies and snacking on low calorie foods if I get hungry. Lifting three times a week and cardio. What else?
Since when is 14% Chubby wtf has the world gone to. 14% is leaner than 90% of the us population just fyi. That being said, its really not optimal or smart to cut down to 10% if you dont have the muscle mass to back it up.
10% yes you'll have abs but shirt on you'll be one of the skinniest, twinkiest dude around. I'd suggest eating at maintenance for maybe a year gaining 10-20lbs of muscle that way you'll naturally become 12% because you gained muscle but stayed at the same bf so you lost fat. You'll look and feel much better. But hey this is just my advice, take it and apply it, or leave it.

300 deficit is perfect, if you are a beginner you'll gain plenty of muscle at 300 cal deficit. To go from 15% to 10% on a 300 deficit will be like 4-5 month journey, so you need to be patient. From my personal experience its faster and better to just cut at 20% deficit for 6 weeks and be at 10-12% than perma deficit for 5 months. Its up to you.
thanks, so since im at 25% bf rn, how long do you think itll take to hit 15% on a 300 cal deficit?

thanks, so since im at 25% bf rn, how long do you think itll take to hit 15% on a 300 cal deficit?
if you are 25%bf you need a higher deficit because your body has so much fuel to use, 300 cal deficit to get to 15% makes 0 sense. The reason you'd want a small deficit is so you gain or keep as much muscle as possible while getting super lean like 10-12%. Your body can easily, i'm talking easily recover and build muscle while on a 1k calorie deficit if you are 15%+. Once you get in decently good shape under 15% is when you need to slow it down. 300 calorie deficit will take you a year to lose 10%bf or if you are around 180lbs 18 pounds.

• +1
if you are 25%bf you need a higher deficit because your body has so much fuel to use, 300 cal deficit to get to 15% makes 0 sense. The reason you'd want a small deficit is so you gain or keep as much muscle as possible while getting super lean like 10-12%. Your body can easily, i'm talking easily recover and build muscle while on a 1k calorie deficit if you are 15%+. Once you get in decently good shape under 15% is when you need to slow it down. 300 calorie deficit will take you a year to lose 10%bf or if you are around 180lbs 18 pounds.
thanks for your reply

is going on a 1k cal cut ok for a teenager though? im 15 years old, i dont want to fuck up my hormones. ik u said since im already fat its fine, but still, i might mess up my growth. what about 500 cal deficit?

thanks for your reply

is going on a 1k cal cut ok for a teenager though? im 15 years old, i dont want to fuck up my hormones. ik u said since im already fat its fine, but still, i might mess up my growth. what about 500 cal deficit?
I'd be more worried about being overweight than the cutting calories, higher bf= higher estrogen and lower testosterone, if you stay at 25%bf you'll most likely develop gyno cuz of your high estrogen levels. I'm not gonna claim i'm some science guy and have the answer to your question, but common sense tells me you need to get rid of that fat asap. 500 calorie deficit is 1 pound a week, idk how much you have to lose but were looking at 20-50 weeks of dieting man, even mentally thats horrible. 1k deficit youll get that shit done in 10-20 weeks. Personally i would risk 3-6 months of "unoptimal" hormone levels, than being high estrogen low test for a year.

• +1
145 at 5'9 ? Start lifting before you cut lol you're skinny as fuck no man or woman respects a weak man

I'd be more worried about being overweight than the cutting calories, higher bf= higher estrogen and lower testosterone, if you stay at 25%bf you'll most likely develop gyno cuz of your high estrogen levels. I'm not gonna claim i'm some science guy and have the answer to your question, but common sense tells me you need to get rid of that fat asap. 500 calorie deficit is 1 pound a week, idk how much you have to lose but were looking at 20-50 weeks of dieting man, even mentally thats horrible. 1k deficit youll get that shit done in 10-20 weeks. Personally i would risk 3-6 months of "unoptimal" hormone levels, than being high estrogen low test for a year.
thanks for the advice! how much muscle do you think ill lose from a 1k cal cut?

and wont i get stretch marks and saggy skin (i think thats what its called?) from cutting that much?

I hardly doubt you're a advanced lifter so hardly any, you might even build muscle. You dont need to diet all the way from 25% to 15% in 1 go, you can for example drop 10lbs first take a week or 2 break then continue, that way your body won't get the super negative effects of being in a harsh calorie deficit for that long. Realistically at your bf losing muscle shouldn't even be a concern, to put this into perspective. Lets say there's is a crowd of 100 people 25 of that crowd are your friends, 50 strangers that speak your language and 25 strangers that dont speak your language, lets say you want some directions to go somewhere, who would you ask? Of course you'll ask your friends first, until you can't see your friends anymore then you'll start asking strangers for directions. Thats how your body works, why would it consume muscle first when there is plenty of fat to be consumed right there.
and wont i get stretch marks and saggy skin (i think thats what its called?) from cutting that much?
You'll get stretch marks regardless, unless you keep the same weight and have muscle basically replace the fat. Stretch marks aren't that bad almost every male gets them during puberty regardless of bf, just from growing fast.

You're most likely above 14-15% body fat unless you work out

I hardly doubt you're a advanced lifter so hardly any, you might even build muscle. You dont need to diet all the way from 25% to 15% in 1 go, you can for example drop 10lbs first take a week or 2 break then continue, that way your body won't get the super negative effects of being in a harsh calorie deficit for that long. Realistically at your bf losing muscle shouldn't even be a concern, to put this into perspective. Lets say there's is a crowd of 100 people 25 of that crowd are your friends, 50 strangers that speak your language and 25 strangers that dont speak your language, lets say you want some directions to go somewhere, who would you ask? Of course you'll ask your friends first, until you can't see your friends anymore then you'll start asking strangers for directions. Thats how your body works, why would it consume muscle first when there is plenty of fat to be consumed right there.

You'll get stretch marks regardless, unless you keep the same weight and have muscle basically replace the fat. Stretch marks aren't that bad almost every male gets them during puberty regardless of bf, just from growing fast.
thanks bro i really appreciate this. i will dm you in a sec

you can go into ketosis too
This. For a growing boy like you. Eat only fat and protein, your body will go into ketosis. Then restrict calories and your body will eat your fat storage more easily because your in ketosis.

• +1
Reactions: pizza
200-300 deficit. Keto diet. Cardio. Eat high protein low calorie foods.

Desafortunadamente, soy más gordito de lo que me gustaría ser. Sentado alrededor del 14-15% BF. 5 "9 y 145 libras.

¿Cuál es la forma más fácil de inclinarse?

Voy a empezar a comer carnes magras y verduras ya comer bocadillos bajos en calorías si tengo hambre. Levantamiento de pesas tres veces por semana y cardio. ¿Qué más?
14 15 bf is a good lean percentage

This. No need to be going under 14% to 15% when you need to add muscle as it will slow that down.