How to manage life during bimax recover?

O

one job away

Kraken
There are 3 main question I have

If you thought about more obstacles and things to look out for pls add them so I can prepare myself better for them

1) immediate 1./2. week recovery:
I want to do the surgery completely in silence. I have my own apartment so my family doesn’t know. But I heard that you are not able to do shit on your own the first week atleast. Let’s say first 3 days in hospital. How do you take care of yourself after that? Do you pay someone or do you order stuff to your house? Do you just stack up on nutrition powder and drink that? Is assistance required or just adviced? I heard ppl say it’s absolutely a must and first week recovery alone is impossible. Would need to pay a service for that if that’s the case.

2) how long do you realistically have to take off work? Ima be getting a small loan like 5-10 grand but I can’t be away for too long. I can work from home. I need the money. I will realistically expect that being away for 2 weeks due to sickness is fine. Then I will use my holidays to extent another 2 weeks.
I need the money to pay of the loan. Idk how work treats people who are gone for a month (I’m just a student)

3) how to prevent muscle loss as much as possible ? I’m gymmmaxed and people constantly mirrin my body. Inhalte to give that up cuz it will take a while to get it back. How do I manage that. Can I so light Workouts After 6 weeks or even less ? Push-ups and so on ?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: angelo, ChristianChad, Schönling and 5 others
Yeah bro these are questions for maxfac surgeons

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14543, ChristianChad, Deleted member 13137 and 5 others
@OldVirgin how do you prepare for recory after bimax?

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 3828 and Deleted member 5786
Yeah bro these are questions for maxfac surgeons
No. These are questions the maxfac has nothing to do with lol besides the recovery one. He doesn’t care how I pay of the loan or how I keep my body and recover in silence

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, Patient A, khvirgin and 1 other person

one job away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3828 and subhuman incel
No. These are questions the maxfac has nothing to do with lol besides the recovery one. He doesn’t care how I pay of the loan or how I keep my body and recover in silence
Those are breakdown to your questions, you can simply summarize “how long off work should/can take” and “when can I start working out again; what exercises can I do during recovery”

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and one job away
Those are breakdown to your questions, you can simply summarize “how long off work should/can take” and “when can I start working out again; what exercises can I do during recovery”
Should be generell enough so people here can answer them. Some people here got bimax

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper
Why don't u just tell your family it's functional and that your dentist told you to do it?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: m0ss26, Deleted member 13137, mewcoper and 1 other person
Why don't u just tell your family it's functional and that your dentist told you to do it?
Doesn’t stand up for debate. I’m not going to my family. I just got the apartment to do all my sick shit with drugs and looksmax and possibly hookers Tinder n shit. Just means that I need to plan into an extra 1000€ for someone to take care of me for a couple hours a week

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
Im in recovery right now from jaw surgery and rhino and literally still in a hospital bed so let me answer your questions broski
Let’s say first 3 days in hospital. How do you take care of yourself after that?
just drink food, check out 'y food' or smth like that their drink aint bad and does the job
2) how long do you realistically have to take off work? Ima be getting a small loan like 5-10 grand but I can’t be away for too long. I can work from home. I need the money. I will realistically expect that being away for 2 weeks due to sickness is fine. Then I will use my holidays to extent another 2 weeks.
I need the money to pay of the loan. Idk how work treats people who are gone for a month (I’m just a student)
I took 3 weeks off (1 week sick and 2 weeks holidays cause I still got almost all of my days from last year due to covid, didnt need the holidays)
3) how to prevent muscle loss as much as possible ? I’m gymmmaxed and people constantly mirrin my body. Inhalte to give that up cuz it will take a while to get it back. How do I manage that. Can I so light Workouts After 6 weeks or even less ? Push-ups and so on ?
Accept that you will eventually look like a homeless skinny person, thats what Im doing rn

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, LastHopeForNorman, coolguy1 and 1 other person
Im in recovery right now from jaw surgery and rhino and literally still in a hospital bed so let me answer your questions broski

just drink food, check out 'y food' or smth like that their drink aint bad and does the job

I took 3 weeks off (1 week sick and 2 weeks holidays cause I still got almost all of my days from last year due to covid, didnt need the holidays)

Accept that you will eventually look like a homeless skinny person, thats what Im doing rn
Thanks man. Will get the same btw. So you are doing first week recovery without private male nurse at home? Are you alone ?

Oh and if you can report all the hardships during recovery that would be great. So I can prepare

Why do you need bimax jfl. Your jaw is top tier and you aren’t recessed

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
Lots of casein shakes and using HMB powder. Oil for additional calories?

AFAIK atleast asians did some studies about electro shocking (electro magnetic stimulation) bedbound half vegetable patients' muscles so they contract and counter muscle loss for a bit. So contracting your muscles independently maybe works similarly. Looking into sarcopenia studies could help too so practically light isometric stuff for cope

• Woah
Reactions: one job away
I have 6 moths for bimax i am at decompensation phase rn, my family don't know too only my sister knows + i am living my family and i have only half of the money rn for surgery, i am working so it's not problem soon i will enough money for surgery. I am planing staying at hotel for 2 weeks and telling my parent i will go for bussiness trip where my couisen live then i will really go my couisens after 2 weeks staying at hotel after surgery and i will tell my parents that i am using my holidays here and i will work from my couisens apetment for my company there. So i will done 1 month recovery + i will cut my hair short i have very long hair so if my parents understand that my face changed i will tell them it's because of hair. This is my ultimate plan but i don't is it gonna work tbh.:hnghn:

• +1
Reactions: Bdh, LastHopeForNorman and one job away
I want to do the surgery completely in silence. I have my own apartment so my family doesn’t know. But I heard that you are not able to do shit on your own the first week atleast. Let’s say first 3 days in hospital. How do you take care of yourself after that? Do you pay someone or do you order stuff to your house? Do you just stack up on nutrition powder and drink that? Is assistance required or just adviced? I heard ppl say it’s absolutely a must and first week recovery alone is impossible. Would need to pay a service for that if that’s the case.
I can't imagine too many things that would require assistance - I have heard brushing your teeth and putting on clothes from some people. Not sure how the former plays out since I haven't had DJS, but the latter can be handled by just wearing button ups or loose fitting clothing you don't have to struggle with.

I imagine you could probably get away with self-care but it's going to difficult since you're going to be tired as shit and on pain meds that will dampen your willpower. Having someone around to do all the menial shit like blend your shakes/food, keep you well hydrated, cold/warm compresses, etc. is probably the way to go, so consider paying someone to pop in a few hours a day or even clean up around your place.

2 weeks should be enough if you're relatively young and it's a desk job, anything more than that is a nice to have.

See if you can go on short term disability.

Hop on test if you care enough. You will preserve muscle and as an added benefit enhance post-surgical bone metabolism and healing a bit, and it's good for nerve healing too.

In regards to exercise I've heard 3-6 weeks, but ask your surgeon. I'd avoid any strenuous exercise that may have you clenching your teeth, etc. especially if you have any downgrafting.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, mewcoper and one job away
I have 6 moths for bimax i am at decompensation phase rn, my family don't know too only my sister knows + i am living my family and i have only half of the money rn for surgery, i am working so it's not problem soon i will enough money for surgery. I am planing staying at hotel for 2 weeks and telling my parent i will go for bussiness trip where my couisen live then i will really go my couisens after 2 weeks staying at hotel after surgery and i will tell my parents that i am using my holidays here and i will work from my couisens apetment for my company there. So i will done 1 month recovery + i will cut my hair short i have very long hair so if my parents understand that my face changed i will tell them it's because of hair. This is my ultimate plan but i don't is it gonna work tbh.:hnghn:
Remember to have money for braces as well. Rn I’m missing 3 grand to afford just the bimax. I hope ortho isn’t too expensive 🤞🏻So I can simply pay it with my monthly Income.

rhino for another 4K so I’m missing 7 grand in total. Gotta see how I get the money. Banks can be scary if I somehow end up not being able to pay the loan for a month. Could ask family. But idk how to explain that I need money and suddenly come back with a new nose. They would never give me money for a plastic surgery.

• +1
wtf? you think your parents wont notice the changes?

You're asking he right questions, but it sounds like PSL has warped your perspective a bit. Something to keep in mind when you discuss bimax is this:

Bimax is a huge, potentially life-threatening surgery that is designed for people with major medical disorders, such as breathing and bite problems and broken facial bones. It is not designed to make ugly people good looking, or to make slightly good looking people (average Looksmax user) more good looking. This is not designed for people to fit it in a normal schedule or to be convenient. You ask how to fit it into a normal schedule, well, you probably can't. That's just the kind of procedure it is.

I've come to the conclusion that having my investments taking off and retiring early is the only way I am going to get a major jaw surgery. Bimax might help me reach my ideal appearance, but tough luck for me. Most of the people on here are just LARPing anyway, so whatever. I've decided to stick with smaller surgeries that will nonetheless help me.

• JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
Yes, the first week will be impossible to do alone. You'll just be sleeping all day and eating like 1-2 times a day and taking pain meds. If something happens you need someone at home to help you out. Maybe you can pay a caretaker for a week. They'll need to bring you ice, blend your food, bring you water, etc. During the first week after my surgery (not bimax) I would ask my parents to bring me ice every 30 minutes. Would never be able to do it myself.

Second week varies person to person. When I had major surgery (not bimax, medical reason), I was still pretty tired the second week so I just stayed home all day and my parents made me food. For bimax, you can only drinking whey protein and other liquid so you can probably make it at home yourself if you're recovering correctly. I was too tired to do anything but lay on the couch watching TV so I personally need someone home to do that for me.

After the second week you're pretty much good to go. Your body has adapted to being in your current state so mentally you feel a lot better and can start cooking food, working on your computer, other hobbies, etc. Just make sure you actually have hobbies to do at home or you'll completely lose your mind. The only thing that I find enjoyable are sports so I'm working on finding some hobbies to do at home when I get jaw surgery. You'll also be very swollen for 6+ weeks so you'll be home for a long time so you need to find something to do.

After 6 weeks you can lift weights but you'll probably not want to lift very heavy or exert too much. After my surgery I just walked around the track since lifting weights made blood flow to my head where the surgery was and felt very uncomfortable. I didn't start really lifting weights fully until 3 months after surgery.

Last edited:
  • +1
Good thread, i'll watch this
I'll live alone so even more brutal

• +1
You're asking he right questions, but it sounds like PSL has warped your perspective a bit. Something to keep in mind when you discuss bimax is this:

Bimax is a huge, potentially life-threatening surgery that is designed for people with major medical disorders, such as breathing and bite problems and broken facial bones. It is not designed to make ugly people good looking, or to make slightly good looking people (average Looksmax user) more good looking. This is not designed for people to fit it in a normal schedule or to be convenient. You ask how to fit it into a normal schedule, well, you probably can't. That's just the kind of procedure it is.

I've come to the conclusion that having my investments taking off and retiring early is the only way I am going to get a major jaw surgery. Bimax might help me reach my ideal appearance, but tough luck for me. Most of the people on here are just LARPing anyway, so whatever. I've decided to stick with smaller surgeries that will nonetheless help me.
Larping about bimax?
there are dozens of those on reddit alone

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
Yes, the first week will be impossible to do alone. You'll just be sleeping all day and eating like 1-2 times a day and taking pain meds. If something happens you need someone at home to help you out. Maybe you can pay a caretaker for a week.

Second week varies person to person. When I had major surgery (not bimax, medical reason), I was still pretty tired the second week so I just stayed home all day and my parents made me food. For bimax, you can only drinking whey protein and other liquid so you can probably make it at home yourself if you're recovering correctly. I was too tired to do anything but lay on the couch watching TV so I personally need someone home to do that for me.

After the second week you're pretty much good to go. Your body has adapted to being in your current state so mentally you feel a lot better and can start cooking food, working on your computer, other hobbies, etc. Just make sure you actually have hobbies to do at home or you'll completely lose your mind. The only thing that I find enjoyable are sports so I'm working on finding some hobbies to do at home when I get jaw surgery. You'll also be very swollen for 6+ weeks so you'll be home for a long time so you need to find something to do.

After 6 weeks you can lift weights but you'll probably not want to lift very heavy or exert too much. After my surgery I just walked around the track since lifting weights made blood flow to my head where the surgery was and felt very uncomfortable. I didn't start really lifting weights fully until 3 months after surgery.
So for some weeks you wouldn't be able to do nothing at all?
can I at least go to college? :lul:

So for some weeks you wouldn't be able to do nothing at all?
can I at least go to college? :lul:
You can go to college after 3 weeks but you probably shouldn't since you'll be very swollen and your appearance will be visibly changed. Probably would be social suicide if people found out that you got cosmetic surgery unless you're going to a new college.

You can go to college after 3 weeks but you probably shouldn't since you'll be very swollen and your appearance will be visibly changed. Probably would be social suicide if people found out that you got cosmetic surgery unless you're going to a new college.
"I got in a fight"
badboymaxxing

I hope the fucking mask will be mandatory for long I need to fix shit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
I can't imagine too many things that would require assistance - I have heard brushing your teeth and putting on clothes from some people. Not sure how the former plays out since I haven't had DJS, but the latter can be handled by just wearing button ups or loose fitting clothing you don't have to struggle with.

I imagine you could probably get away with self-care but it's going to difficult since you're going to be tired as shit and on pain meds that will dampen your willpower. Having someone around to do all the menial shit like blend your shakes/food, keep you well hydrated, cold/warm compresses, etc. is probably the way to go, so consider paying someone to pop in a few hours a day or even clean up around your place.

2 weeks should be enough if you're relatively young and it's a desk job, anything more than that is a nice to have.

See if you can go on short term disability.

Hop on test if you care enough. You will preserve muscle and as an added benefit enhance post-surgical bone metabolism and healing a bit, and it's good for nerve healing too.

In regards to exercise I've heard 3-6 weeks, but ask your surgeon. I'd avoid any strenuous exercise that may have you clenching your teeth, etc. especially if you have any downgrafting.
Ostarine is a great alternative to testosterone in surgery recovery. It doesn't cause any suppression and was made for the sole purpose of preserving muscle in patients with muscle wasting diseases and treatments e.g. chemo. It's why bodybuilders use it for cutting so they can go crazy with cardio and caloric deficits but not lose much of their muscle.

Last edited:
"I got in a fight"
badboymaxxing

I hope the fucking mask will be mandatory for long I need to fix shit
Same. I need the mask to be mandatory until winter break so I can get jaw fillers at that point. Even longer would be better since I can go through braces + bimax.

Larping about bimax?
there are dozens of those on reddit alone
By "LARPing about bimax," I mean people on here who are obsessed with bimax, and say that every single person with any noticeable flaws needs bimax, but have no plans to actually get bimax themselves, or people who talk about getting bimax for years but never make it happen.

There are 3 main question I have

If you thought about more obstacles and things to look out for pls add them so I can prepare myself better for them

1. as long as you have blended up food smoothies and liquid food you should be fine if you spend 3-4 days in the hosptial its not like youre going to be crippled at home.
2. 4 weeks would be more than enough for the main swelling to go down but youll still probably be eating almos texclusively soft foods and blends.
3. Maintain a good caloric intake so you dont drop into deficit. Shakes that are soft/watery but high in calories, add things like milk and cream to bump your calories up and protein blends too. idk about working out tho.

1. as long as you have blended up food smoothies and liquid food you should be fine if you spend 3-4 days in the hosptial its not like youre going to be crippled at home.
2. 4 weeks would be more than enough for the main swelling to go down but youll still probably be eating almos texclusively soft foods and blends.
3. Maintain a good caloric intake so you dont drop into deficit. Shakes that are soft/watery but high in calories, add things like milk and cream to bump your calories up and protein blends too. idk about working out tho.
Why do you respond to this thread ? You have no clue about bimax and didn’t get any surgery afaik. You have no clue of what you’re talking about

• WTF
Reactions: Patient A

There are users who got Bimax who reported a rather smooth recovery. In the end it’s just a broken bone but in a very unfortunate area. But yeah I shouldn’t take it too lightly

Why do you respond to this thread ? You have no clue about bimax and didn’t get any surgery afaik. You have no clue of what you’re talking about
Ive done my fair share of r/jawsurgery browsing of people who have actually gotten it (more than here) what I posted is pretty standard when they talk about how recovery was.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
Ive done my fair share of r/jawsurgery browsing of people who have actually gotten it (more than here) what I posted is pretty standard when they talk about how recovery was.
Your answers are totally besides the point. And don’t answer if all you did was reading a bit on Reddit. Atleast make a huge disclaimer „I have no clue what I talk about“. Imagine some 16 year old reading your comment thinking „mh that doesn’t sound too bad“ and trusting randoms on the internet to get complete overrun by bimax recovery.

It’s not just you. Many people who have no clue about shit answer and write as if. It wouldn’t be a problem if only you did it but about 90% of people who give „advice“ here, all they did was browse Reddit and this forum here. They never got ANY surgery (I did the same mistake early on joining this forum.. giving advice without being in the position to give advice).

For example your answer „you are not crippled“. So since I didn’t break my legs I can do everything ? Is that your logic ? Fatique, tiredness, obviously pain and many more factors you don’t really think about if you didn’t have major surgery yourself.

After 4 weeks I can go to work since swelling is gone? Swelling is the least of my concern lol. Can I speak properly? How does the tongue adjust to the jaw positions ? Yet again fatigue. Will I still be on pain meds so I can’t think properly? And so on

Last edited:
  • +1
Why do you need bimax jfl. Your jaw is top tier and you aren’t recessed
Your answers are totally besides the point. And don’t answer if all you did was reading a bit on Reddit. Atleast make a huge disclaimer „I have no clue what I talk about“. Imagine some 16 year old reading your comment thinking „mh that doesn’t sound too bad“ and trusting randoms on the internet to get complete overrun by bimax recovery.

It’s not just you. Many people who have no clue about shit answer and write as if. It wouldn’t be a problem if only you did it but about 90% of people who give „advice“ here, all they did was browse Reddit and this forum here. They never got ANY surgery.

For example your answer „you are not crippled“. So since I didn’t break my legs I can do everything ? Is that your logic ? Fatique, tiredness, obviously pain and many more factors you don’t really think about if you didn’t have major surgery yourself.

After 4 weeks I can go to work since swelling is gone? Swelling is the least of my concern lol. Can I speak properly? How does the tongue adjust to the jaw positions ? Yet again fatigue. Will I still be on pain meds so I can’t think properly? And so on

• Hmm...
Reactions: one job away
@sorrowfulsad any Updates? How are you?

It’s not just you. Many people who have no clue about shit answer and write as if. It wouldn’t be a problem if only you did it but about 90% of people who give „advice“ here, all they did was browse Reddit and this forum here. They never got ANY surgery (I did the same mistake early on joining this forum.. giving advice without being in the position to give advice).

Yea well you don't exactly go on looksmax for medical grade advice for fucks sake and even if a teenager things Bimax is an easy surgery its not like any surgeon is jjust gonna give them a thumbs up ffs.

If you want for people to have gotten the surgery specifiy on your comment.
Also JFL at making retarded assumptions yes I have undergone major surgery myself I was discharged after a day once the general anaesthetic wears off your fine but youll feel groggy for the next few days for sure.

2-3 weeks seems to be how much time most people took off in r/jawsurgery of those who got it but it probably differs depending on how invasive the surgery was. As for the pain meds very few cause cognitive decline from my knowledge but thats something you need to bring up with ur doctor not a looksmax forum ffs

if you dont work manual labor, you can start working from home after three weeks. The biggest problem is with diet, that's why most people say you need someone to take care of you, because practically you have to have everything purchased in advance and then mix / process those things into liquid. Another reason is that the first few days will be difficult to talk, you will be quite swollen so it is difficult to go shopping yourself.

Otherwise, the worst pain would be the first day after waking up from anesthesia (which can be expected when you are artificially dead). Then it shouldnt be such a problem, even you still get pain pills

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 14478, mewcoper and 2 others
Yea well you don't exactly go on looksmax for medical grade advice for fucks sake and even if a teenager things Bimax is an easy surgery its not like any surgeon is jjust gonna give them a thumbs up ffs.

If you want for people to have gotten the surgery specifiy on your comment.
Also JFL at making retarded assumptions yes I have undergone major surgery myself I was discharged after a day once the general anaesthetic wears off your fine but youll feel groggy for the next few days for sure.

2-3 weeks seems to be how much time most people took off in r/jawsurgery of those who got it but it probably differs depending on how invasive the surgery was. As for the pain meds very few cause cognitive decline from my knowledge but thats something you need to bring up with ur doctor not a looksmax forum ffs
Just shut up if you have no clue. Accept it and Don’t be whiney about it. Simple human decency to not talk if you have no clue. Don’t clown on me for asking for advice.

Just shut up if you have no clue. Accept it and Don’t be whiney about it. Simple human decency to not talk if you have no clue. Don’t clown on me for asking for advice.
You're the one insisting I have no clue even after wrongly assuming ive never had surgery. Im not clowning on you for asking for advice but for expecting answers to questions only your doctor to can give.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
I can tell what exactly you need to do routine/how to heal faster/tips and tricks if you pay me.

I also payed for these infos(to my physiotherapy doctor). After 1 month I was good as new.

• JFL
Reactions: mewcoper, lasthope and one job away
I can tell what exactly you need to do routine/how to heal faster/tips and tricks if you pay me.

I also payed for these infos(to my physiotherapy doctor). After 1 month I was good as new.
jewmaxxing
mirin

• JFL
Reactions: mewcoper, lasthope and Deleted member 2733
up boyos adivices needed who got bimax

up boyos adivices needed who got bimax
If you require detailed recovery there is a thread by mark strech. His recovery went very smooth however so idk if it’s a good Info source to prepare

• +1
If you require detailed recovery there is a thread by mark strech. His recovery went very smooth however so idk if it’s a good Info source to prepare
thx i will chek

Eh bimax recovery is literally nothing. Just play video games and go for short walks if you have the energy.

Recovery is nothing as long as you can walk. Which you can't if you have flat feet correction surgery like me

When are you going to have your bimax broski?

Eh bimax recovery is literally nothing. Just play video games and go for short walks if you have the energy.

Recovery is nothing as long as you can walk. Which you can't if you have flat feet correction surgery like me
Cope. It's very uncomfortable and boring. I had a major facial surgery for a medical reason (not as invasive as bimax) and was completely shot out of energy for 2 weeks. First week I slept all day popping pain meds and second week I was just watching TV all day. Didn't have the energy to even walk until the 3rd week. You'll be too mentally weak to play videogames and will get headaches easily. Recovery should be spent icing, resting, and sleeping for the first 2 weeks. Then staying home and being sedentary for the next 4-10 weeks afterwards depending on how you feel.

• Woah
Reactions: .👽.
Cope. It's very uncomfortable and boring. I had a major facial surgery for a medical reason (not as invasive as bimax) and was completely shot out of energy for 2 weeks. First week I slept all day popping pain meds and second week I was just watching TV all day. Didn't have the energy to even walk until the 3rd week. You'll be too mentally weak to play videogames and will get headaches easily. Recovery should be spent icing, resting, and sleeping for the first 2 weeks. Then staying home and being sedentary for the next 4-10 weeks afterwards depending on how you feel.
Cope.

I had bimax and played video games during The recovery period. Finished Witcher 3. Absolutely no problem

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725