How to manage life during bimax recover?

Cope.

I had bimax and played video games during The recovery period. Finished Witcher 3. Absolutely no problem
How long after surgery were you able to hop on PC without getting headaches or being uncomfortable?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
just drink food, check out 'y food' or smth like that their drink aint bad and does the job
Sounds cucked and made with soy

Just blend Ur own good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
There are 3 main question I have

If you thought about more obstacles and things to look out for pls add them so I can prepare myself better for them

1) immediate 1./2. week recovery:
I want to do the surgery completely in silence. I have my own apartment so my family doesn’t know. But I heard that you are not able to do shit on your own the first week atleast. Let’s say first 3 days in hospital. How do you take care of yourself after that? Do you pay someone or do you order stuff to your house? Do you just stack up on nutrition powder and drink that? Is assistance required or just adviced? I heard ppl say it’s absolutely a must and first week recovery alone is impossible. Would need to pay a service for that if that’s the case.

2) how long do you realistically have to take off work? Ima be getting a small loan like 5-10 grand but I can’t be away for too long. I can work from home. I need the money. I will realistically expect that being away for 2 weeks due to sickness is fine. Then I will use my holidays to extent another 2 weeks.
I need the money to pay of the loan. Idk how work treats people who are gone for a month (I’m just a student)

3) how to prevent muscle loss as much as possible ? I’m gymmmaxed and people constantly mirrin my body. Inhalte to give that up cuz it will take a while to get it back. How do I manage that. Can I so light Workouts After 6 weeks or even less ? Push-ups and so on ?
1} I took a bimax it took me a 2-3 weeks it depends on bone density
2} i did this during summer
3} idk abt that

• +1
Reactions: one job away
1} I took a bimax it took me a 2-3 weeks it depends on bone density
2} i did this during summer
3} idk abt that
Would you say it’s possible to do recovery on your own after 2 days in hospital ? If not at which point on time you felt comfortable to recover on your own ? With which tasks did you need help?

Do you have any suggestions to aid recovery? Do you have advice on Things to prepare?

Would you say it’s possible to do recovery on your own after 2 days in hospital ? If not at which point on time you felt comfortable to recover on your own ? With which tasks did you need help?

Do you have any suggestions to aid recovery? Do you have advice on Things you prepared or things you whished you would have prepared for ?
the doc told me to rest for two weeks in the hospital since im young {18 years} he said that my recovery rate will take much longer , i was fed through a liquid pipe thats all , i didnt need any help , they just gave me liquid food i was heavily monitored for weight loss i just lost 1 kg when i was in the hospital , its worth the money in my opinion (y)

• +1
the doc told me to rest for two weeks in the hospital since im young {18 years} he said that my recovery rate will take much longer , i was fed through a liquid pipe thats all , i didnt need any help , they just gave me liquid food i was heavily monitored for weight loss i just lost 1 kg when i was in the hospital , its worth the money in my opinion (y)
Im doing it completely private so I would have to pay for the stay out of my pocket completely on my own. Here that would be couple hundred a night, like 200€, so I can’t afford that.

Im doing it completely private so I would have to pay for the stay out of my pocket completely on my own. Here that would be couple hundred a night, like 500€, so I can’t afford that.
like i said bro it depends mine was quite serious so i had to be fed through liquid , you can take care of yourslef just drink a lot of liquid soups and pureed stuff

• +1
Im doing it completely private so I would have to pay for the stay out of my pocket completely on my own. Here that would be couple hundred a night, like 200€, so I can’t afford that.
oh yeah btw i was kidding abt me doing bimax :)my friend did it so i was stating what he said

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Why do you respond to this thread ? You have no clue about bimax and didn’t get any surgery afaik. You have no clue of what you’re talking about

Your answers are totally besides the point. And don’t answer if all you did was reading a bit on Reddit. Atleast make a huge disclaimer „I have no clue what I talk about“. Imagine some 16 year old reading your comment thinking „mh that doesn’t sound too bad“ and trusting randoms on the internet to get complete overrun by bimax recovery.

It’s not just you. Many people who have no clue about shit answer and write as if. It wouldn’t be a problem if only you did it but about 90% of people who give „advice“ here, all they did was browse Reddit and this forum here. They never got ANY surgery (I did the same mistake early on joining this forum.. giving advice without being in the position to give advice).

For example your answer „you are not crippled“. So since I didn’t break my legs I can do everything ? Is that your logic ? Fatique, tiredness, obviously pain and many more factors you don’t really think about if you didn’t have major surgery yourself.

After 4 weeks I can go to work since swelling is gone? Swelling is the least of my concern lol. Can I speak properly? How does the tongue adjust to the jaw positions ? Yet again fatigue. Will I still be on pain meds so I can’t think properly? And so on

Ive done my fair share of r/jawsurgery browsing of people who have actually gotten it (more than here) what I posted is pretty standard when they talk about how recovery was.

As someone who has actually had a bimax procedure what @SubhumanCurrycel has said is pretty accurate.

He is giving you free impartial advice and you are just screeching at him. He doesn't need to have the surgery to be qualified to speak on it. No different to a boxers coach on how to fight.

No one is going to right you a detailed guide of how exactly things will go as your experience will be unique to you. Only you and your surgeon at the time can discuss.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, SubhumanCurrycel and one job away
As someone who has actually had a bimax procedure what @SubhumanCurrycel has said is pretty accurate.

He is giving you free impartial advice and you are just screeching at him. He doesn't need to have the surgery to be qualified to speak on it. No different to a boxers coach on how to fight.

No one is going to right you a detailed guide of how exactly things will go as your experience will be unique to you. Only you and your surgeon at the time can discuss.
A boxers coached boxed. This forum is filled of people giving advice without having a clue and i don’t want that. You can confirm what he says is right. But I don’t listen to what he says. I listen to you confirming it. And no he can not talk about it if he hasn’t done it or never consulted any surgeon. Or he can talk about it but specifically state that’s not his experience so others are warned

Especially on very invasive surgery.

and free shitty advice is still shitty advice. i rather have no advice than that. You can talk and I appreciate your advice since you had it done. Not his

Last edited:
There are 3 main question I have

If you thought about more obstacles and things to look out for pls add them so I can prepare myself better for them

1) immediate 1./2. week recovery:

2) how long do you realistically have to take off work? Ima be getting a small loan like 5-10 grand but I can’t be away for too long. I can work from home. I need the money. I will realistically expect that being away for 2 weeks due to sickness is fine. Then I will use my holidays to extent another 2 weeks.
I need the money to pay of the loan. Idk how work treats people who are gone for a month (I’m just a student)

3) I’m gymmmaxed and people constantly mirrin my body. Inhalte to give that up cuz it will take a while to get it back. How do I manage that.

Do you pay someone or do you order stuff to your house?
you won't go outside so you won't need to do the laundry. you will keep the floor dirty in case.

Do you just stack up on nutrition powder and drink that?
you may eat instant mashed potatoes, deep-frozen vegetable soups, high protein ice-cream, fresh orange juice, skimmed milk, greek yogurt

how to prevent muscle loss as much as possible ?
even if you take one month without training will not cause long-term muscle loss

Can I so light Workouts After 6 weeks or even less ?
talk to your doctor. Unless you do combat sport, training should not interfere with jaw surgery recovery