How to run YouTube videos in the background on phone for free

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
It took me a while to figure out how to do it without having to use the chrome or opera browser + desktop site, which is an annoying method, especially if you want to play YouTube playlists in the background.

Download the vivaldi browser, open settings, enable 'allow background audio playback' and enable the app's permissions in your phone's settings as well. Now you basically have YouTube premium for free and can use it like spotify premium without ads (most of the time, at least). You're welcome

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mewton and Gonthar
Lol, you still have to download another browser, might as well get Firefox mobile, it supports all add-ons also available on the desktop. Install then "Video Background Play Fix" for background playing and "uBlock Origin" to get rid of all the stupid ads and now you have a much better experience.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Works on iOS?

Lol, you still have to download another browser, might as well get Firefox mobile, it supports all add-ons also available on the desktop. Install then "Video Background Play Fix" for background playing and "uBlock Origin" to get rid of all the stupid ads and now you have a much better experience.
I'll try it. But why do so many reviews complain about autoplay freezing when they open other applications?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Gonthar
I'll try it. But why do so many reviews complain about autoplay freezing when they open other applications?
Where? What browser?

Android or IOS?