How to see clear images in your minds eye

Deleted member 10413

Deleted member 10413

🌸🌼❤️✨👑✨❤️🌼🌸

How To Learn Visualization​

Before you get started…

Please keep in mind – you’ll need patience. Likely, you won’t get results right away. But, if you stick to daily practice sessions, dedicate a few minutes each day, you’ll be greatly rewarded with new and beautiful skill.

Exercise #1 – Candle Visualization​

Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this exercise. This is a great foundation training to perceive afterimages in your mind’s eye.

Let’s get started:

1. Light a candle and take a seat in a comfortable chair about 3 feet in front of it.
  2. Observe the candle’s flame calmly, with mild eyes for 5-10 seconds. Ask yourself a few questions about it:”Which colors do I see? What is its shape like? Does it move, or does it make a sound?”Answer these questions internally and in silence.
  3. Next, shut your eyes. Make sure you keep your eyelids calm and relaxed. Unwrinkle your brow. Scan your eyes and make sure you release any tension.Now, do you “see” an after-image? Even if it’s fading instantly, fact is, you will be able to see something. Maybe it’s just blurry light or, even better, you actually see the shape of the flame.
  4. Observe this mental shadow-image and keep it up as long as you can until it fades completely.Don’t strain. Keep it easy. Stay relaxed.
  5. Wait. Before you open your eyes again: Try to recall the image by thinking of all its details. Recall and internally describe the colors, and the shape etc.The more details you can recall the better. Be very specific. Imagine you’d need to describe (from memory) the flame to an artist. He wants to paint it for you but relies on your observations alone. The more information you can feed to him, the better he’ll be able to paint the candle.By doing this you strengthen recall ability and you signal to your mind that you want to focus on these specifics.
  6. Okay, open your eyes and repeat the process a few times. Commit more details to memory.Do this for max. 5 minutes. And again, stay relaxed at all times.
Practice this daily and your visualization skill will improve bit by bit.

Exercise #2 – Visualize Solid Colors

Some people can only see specific colors. Others can only see grey shades. Many of us can only see pure blackness. This exercise will help you to picture colors.

• Get yourself a few colored surfaces. A book cover will do or you can use the images below.
  • Observe your chosen color carefully and then try to imagine it in your mind. You don’t need to see any outlines. Just focus on capturing the color.
  • Repeat this with different colors and different shades.
green.jpg
red.jpg
yello.jpg
blue.jpg

Exercise #3 – Geometric Shapes​

This exercise will help you imagine details of your images. Like the contours of a cube.

1. Grab a piece of paper and draw a basic geometric shape on it. Say, for example, a triangle or a circle.No need to make it perfect. (You can also use the shapes I uploaded for you below.)
  2. Now, observe that shape calmly for a moment. Slowly follow its contours once. Think of carefully retracing its contours with a pencil.Then choose a single small detail of this shape. This could be a corner or a small section of a line. Calmly observe this area. Again, think of retracing this particular part a few times.
  3. Close your eyes. Make sure your face, your eye lids, the area around your eyes is relaxed.Try replicating the object on your inner screen. Start with a tiny part of it. The part you previously carefully observed. Think of redrawing the shape with that imaginary pencil.Try holding out your finger and slowly draw the shape into the air in front of you (with eyes closed).This is critical now; If you don’t see anything, explain to yourself — in your mind — like, “I see the top edge of the triangle. It points upwards. It’s black. The background is white.” Be very detailed!
  4. Open your eyes, soak up more details of the shape. Be on the lookout for new details, rediscover old details. Keep retracing the shape with your mental pencil.
  5. Close your eyes again and bring your mental image closer to the “original” one. If you still see only blackness, keep on describing all the details. Describe to yourself what you should see. The more the better. Also, use your finger to draw into the air.
  6. Repeat this exercise over and over again… until you can reproduce the shape clearly.You will, sooner or later, if you keep at it. The most important thing is to discover and rediscover all details. The more details you can perceive the more information you feed to your brain the more you will be able to recreate mentally.
  7. Once you’re able to deal with simple shapes, try this exercise with a more complex shape (like a star or a letter of the alphabet.)
triangle-green-2.jpg
star-blue.jpg
star-red-2.jpg
star-purple.jpg

Exercise #4 – Guided Visualizations​

Guided visualizations are fantastic to get into deep relaxation and to access your imagination.

I’ve probably tested hundreds of guided meditations and found that these two guys on YouTube stand head and shoulders above the rest: The Honest Guys.

The Honest Guys produce marvelous videos and they’re completely free.

Here’s what I recommend to you as an exercise:

• Pick one guided visualization video and listen to it at least 3 times a week. This is perfect as a catnap to recharge your batteries.
  • Which each session attempt to access your imagination seeing the visuals described in the audio.
Listen to these videos over and over again. In each session, try gaining clarity by mentally filling in missing details. Soon you’ll be able to lighten up your mental theater.

Here’s one of my favorite videos. I hope you’ll like it too:

I was originally going to personally make this guide but I found this one which words everything I want to say in a better way then I ever could
Here is the original article:

Tagging chill users:
@RAITEIII @sytyl @Hozay @DianabolDownie @LondonVillie @FraudingIQ @Fuckmachine @GreenTea @thecel @johncruz12345 @Madhate @Original

Also this other guide I made heavily piggybacks off of this concept so if your interested here:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Sny, col34d, Jungcuck and 33 others
  • +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 24293, Deleted member 22886, 𝔻𝔸𝕎ℕ 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L and 7 others

Before you get started…

Please keep in mind – you’ll need patience. Likely, you won’t get results right away. But, if you stick to daily practice sessions, dedicate a few minutes each day, you’ll be greatly rewarded with new and beautiful skill.

Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this exercise. This is a great foundation training to perceive afterimages in your mind’s eye.

Let’s get started:

1. Light a candle and take a seat in a comfortable chair about 3 feet in front of it.
  2. Observe the candle’s flame calmly, with mild eyes for 5-10 seconds. Ask yourself a few questions about it:”Which colors do I see? What is its shape like? Does it move, or does it make a sound?”Answer these questions internally and in silence.
  3. Next, shut your eyes. Make sure you keep your eyelids calm and relaxed. Unwrinkle your brow. Scan your eyes and make sure you release any tension.Now, do you “see” an after-image? Even if it’s fading instantly, fact is, you will be able to see something. Maybe it’s just blurry light or, even better, you actually see the shape of the flame.
  4. Observe this mental shadow-image and keep it up as long as you can until it fades completely.Don’t strain. Keep it easy. Stay relaxed.
  5. Wait. Before you open your eyes again: Try to recall the image by thinking of all its details. Recall and internally describe the colors, and the shape etc.The more details you can recall the better. Be very specific. Imagine you’d need to describe (from memory) the flame to an artist. He wants to paint it for you but relies on your observations alone. The more information you can feed to him, the better he’ll be able to paint the candle.By doing this you strengthen recall ability and you signal to your mind that you want to focus on these specifics.
  6. Okay, open your eyes and repeat the process a few times. Commit more details to memory.Do this for max. 5 minutes. And again, stay relaxed at all times.

Some people can only see specific colors. Others can only see grey shades. Many of us can only see pure blackness. This exercise will help you to picture colors.

• Get yourself a few colored surfaces. A book cover will do or you can use the images below.
  • Observe your chosen color carefully and then try to imagine it in your mind. You don’t need to see any outlines. Just focus on capturing the color.
green.jpg
red.jpg
yello.jpg
blue.jpg

This exercise will help you imagine details of your images. Like the contours of a cube.

1. Grab a piece of paper and draw a basic geometric shape on it. Say, for example, a triangle or a circle.No need to make it perfect. (You can also use the shapes I uploaded for you below.)
  2. Now, observe that shape calmly for a moment. Slowly follow its contours once. Think of carefully retracing its contours with a pencil.Then choose a single small detail of this shape. This could be a corner or a small section of a line. Calmly observe this area. Again, think of retracing this particular part a few times.
  3. Close your eyes. Make sure your face, your eye lids, the area around your eyes is relaxed.Try replicating the object on your inner screen. Start with a tiny part of it. The part you previously carefully observed. Think of redrawing the shape with that imaginary pencil.Try holding out your finger and slowly draw the shape into the air in front of you (with eyes closed).This is critical now; If you don’t see anything, explain to yourself — in your mind — like, “I see the top edge of the triangle. It points upwards. It’s black. The background is white.” Be very detailed!
  4. Open your eyes, soak up more details of the shape. Be on the lookout for new details, rediscover old details. Keep retracing the shape with your mental pencil.
  5. Close your eyes again and bring your mental image closer to the “original” one. If you still see only blackness, keep on describing all the details. Describe to yourself what you should see. The more the better. Also, use your finger to draw into the air.
  6. Repeat this exercise over and over again… until you can reproduce the shape clearly.You will, sooner or later, if you keep at it. The most important thing is to discover and rediscover all details. The more details you can perceive the more information you feed to your brain the more you will be able to recreate mentally.
  7. Once you’re able to deal with simple shapes, try this exercise with a more complex shape (like a star or a letter of the alphabet.)
triangle-green-2.jpg
star-blue.jpg
star-red-2.jpg
star-purple.jpg

Guided visualizations are fantastic to get into deep relaxation and to access your imagination.

I’ve probably tested hundreds of guided meditations and found that these two guys on YouTube stand head and shoulders above the rest: The Honest Guys.

• Pick one guided visualization video and listen to it at least 3 times a week. This is perfect as a catnap to recharge your batteries.
  • Which each session attempt to access your imagination seeing the visuals described in the audio.
Listen to these videos over and over again. In each session, try gaining clarity by mentally filling in missing details. Soon you’ll be able to lighten up your mental theater.

I was originally going to personally make this guide but I found this one which words everything I want to say in a better way then I ever could

Tagging chill users:
@RAITEIII @sytyl @Hozay @DianabolDownie @LondonVillie @FraudingIQ @Fuckmachine @GreenTea @thecel @johncruz12345 @Madhate @Original

Also this other guide I made heavily piggybacks off of this concept so if your interested here:

What's the goal of such visualization? Relaxation? better cooming?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 𝔻𝔸𝕎ℕ 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L, Slayerino, Deleted member 4387 and 1 other person
Based as fuck wish I could react 2 times, i love shit like this following rn srs

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4387 and Deleted member 10413
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, Deleted member 24293, Deleted member 4387 and 3 others
Pretty easy ngl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4387
What's the goal of such visualization? Relaxation? better cooming?
To be able to see clear images in your mind

-Chess players learn it to get better at blindfold

-Artist and photographers learn it

-People who are good at memorizing learn it to better use the memory palace method

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24293, ALP, Deleted member 4387 and 1 other person
mirin copy paste from shitty article I read. Only things that work for me are just repeating it and just adding sensory vividness overtime

• +1
To be able to see clear images in your mind

-Chess players learn it to get better at blindfold

-Artist and photographers learn it

-People who are good at memorizing learn it to better use the memory palace method
there's also mysticism and other stuff

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino and Deleted member 4387

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4387 and Deleted member 10602
dn rd but mirin high effort thread

• +1
we learning colors now

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Respalier, Slayerino and Deleted member 4387
bc8ea8774d87579e91df41f41160e64d.gif
giphy-downsized-medium.gif
giphy-downsized-large.gif
b2eabe3ee6173cdb491f08ed4b43159d.gif
sleepy kitten GIF

• +1
or just don't be blind u nigger

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Slayerino and Deleted member 4387
Whats the benefit of that shit?

• +1
Whats the benefit of that shit?
Helps you to see clear images in your minds eye.

Some people can't see anything in there minds eye and a few people can see perfect visual images but most people can only see blurry images when they try to imagine an image.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4387 and Pietrosiek
y
Helps you to see clear images in your minds eye.

Some people can't see anything in there minds eye and a few people can see perfect visual images but most people can only see blurry images when they try to imagine an image.
yes, i see blurry imagines but whats the point of seeing a clear image?

• +1
y

yes, i see blurry imagines but whats the point of seeing a clear image?
-Chess players learn it to get better at blindfold chess

-Artist and photographers learn it to get better at drawing or position an image better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4387 and Pietrosiek

-Artist and photographers learn it to get better at drawing or position an image better

ok

• +1
this is something u learn automatically if u draw a lot, it helps perceive objects as 3d forms by analyzing the volume and shape of it
sadly this is not gonna work on 99% of users here since this is a trait that requires long attention span and observational skills

• +1
  • JFL
Damn i never thought about visualization
I want to learn drawing and I noticed that I literally can't visualize for jack shit
I can only see VERY blurry images, if even that.

Also for "Chess players learn it to get better at blindfold chess". I don't agree with that, since I've played the piano for a very long time, can't visualize, yet I can play with my eyes closed just because of muscle memory, not visualization.

Good thread tho, will definitely look into it more, and read the article you sent.
What was your starting point in visualization and how much did it help you til now? I wanna be able to fully visualize

• +1
Damn i never thought about visualization
I want to learn drawing and I noticed that I literally can't visualize for jack shit
I can only see VERY blurry images, if even that.

Also for "Chess players learn it to get better at blindfold chess". I don't agree with that, since I've played the piano for a very long time, can't visualize, yet I can play with my eyes closed just because of muscle memory, not visualization.

Good thread tho, will definitely look into it more, and read the article you sent.
What was your starting point in visualization and how much did it help you til now? I wanna be able to fully visualize
Interestingly enough chess players do visualize an actual chess board during blindfold
Also it helps visualization significantly. I used to barely be able to see blurry images but now I can see them much clearer.
Although I haven't reach level of hyperphantasia level were you can see everything perfectly to the point of it being indistinguishable from reality.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4387 and Madhate
Interestingly enough chess players do visualize an actual chess board during blindfold
Also it helps visualization significantly. I used to barely be able to see blurry images but now I can see them much clearer.
Although I haven't reach level of hyperphantasia level were you can see everything perfectly to the point of it being indistinguishable from reality though.
Which exercise do you think is the most efficent? I don't have enough time to do every single one of them tbh

• +1
Oh another thing. The art of memory made a scale for this. I would say I went from 2 to 4
1d33b3982a82789c48ff7c633dc0947f42b56727.png

Which exercise do you think is the most efficent? I don't have enough time to do every single one of them tbh
It depends on were your at. If you can't visualize at all then I would start trying to burn an afterimage of something into your minds eye (like the candle). Once you master that I would do 1 solid color and then once you master that move onto geometrical shapes like squares or stars.
If you don't have time or aren't motivated enough to do guided mediation what you can do instead is start out by creating a mental garden and just revisit it constantly throughout the day and try to see how clear you can make everything. Just start with 1 tree or plant and slowly increase it.

Also most of this can be done in your mind and doesn't require any external help so just do it whenever your bored in class or waiting in line.

• +1
Reactions: Madhate and Deleted member 4387
My minds eye must be mad legit

i can imagine the red star spinning, turning, glowing, changing colors, being set on fire, etc etc

being able to draw helps

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
My minds eye must be mad legit

i can imagine the red star spinning, turning, glowing, changing colors, being set on fire, etc etc

being able to draw helps
Nice you probably have hyperphantasia. Not alot of people have it. @john2 is the only person ik on this forum who also has it.
I have been making guides so far about thinking and memory
I only have 2 guides left that I need to make but both of them will involve techniques requiring hyperphantasia (or at the very least being close)

• +1
Reactions: john2 and Petsmart
Nice you probably have hyperphantasia. Not alot of people have it. @john2 is the only person ik on this forum who also has it.
I have been making guides so far about thinking and memory
I only have 2 guides left that I need to make but both of them will involve techniques requiring hyperphantasia (or at the very least being close)
Damn I didn’t realize being able to imagine things so vividly was apparently not the norm

• +1

Before you get started…

Let’s get started:

green.jpg
red.jpg
yello.jpg
blue.jpg

triangle-green-2.jpg
star-blue.jpg
star-red-2.jpg
star-purple.jpg

Tagging chill users:

Good thread. I do have Hyperphantasia but I don't think I am one of those people have the most strongest degree of Hyperphantasia.
I don't think it is common for anyone to not have Hyperphantasia. Only like 3% of people in the world have aphantasia. I'm able to picture scenes and certain images/environments in my head with accurate colors, but I have to try a little to remember or maintain that image.

On a side note, I'm musical (I began playing the piano before before 10 yo). I developed and possess perfect pitch (which is nearly impossible for adults or even teens to gain). I can guess any musical note on any instrument by ear within 5 seconds with ease. The same applies to chords (multiple musical notes played at once), but it takes me a bit more time for to figure the chord out. I don't claim to have synesthesia, but whenever I would play/hear a D note (or a D major chord)... I can see a bright golden yellow color in my head. For E (the note and major chord) I see a soothing yet bright blue. There are a certain amount of people who can relate to what I experience with the exact colours. Nor sure why.

• +1
Good thread. I do have Hyperphantasia but I don't think I am one of those people have the most strongest degree of Hyperphantasia.
I don't think it is common for anyone to not have Hyperphantasia. Only like 3% of people in the world have aphantasia. I'm able to picture scenes and certain images/environments in my head with accurate colors, but I have to try a little to remember or maintain that image.

On a side note, I'm musical (I began playing the piano before before 10 yo). I developed and possess perfect pitch (which is nearly impossible for adults or even teens to gain). I can guess any musical note on any instrument by ear within 5 seconds with ease. The same applies to chords (multiple musical notes played at once), but it takes me a bit more time for to figure the chord out. I don't claim to have synesthesia, but whenever I would play/hear a D note (or a D major chord)... I can see a bright golden yellow color in my head. For E (the note and major chord) I see a soothing yet bright blue. There are a certain amount of people who can relate to what I experience with the exact colours. Nor sure why.
Almost all of the people that I have met who have claimed to have hyperphantasia have been insanely intelligent. They can usually score 24-26 on this(with some practice): https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/memory. I think that Hyperphantasia is rare, most people just have "normal" visualization, and some people have no visualization at all. Also the technical term for it is: "visual spatial sketchpad"

• +1
Reactions: john2
Almost all of the people that I have met who have claimed to have hyperphantasia have been insanely intelligent. They can usually score 24-26 on this(with some practice): https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/memory. I think that Hyperphantasia is rare, most people just have "normal" visualization, and some people have no visualization at all. Also the technical term for it is: "visual spatial sketchpad"
IMG 20210304 101357

Seems like a scam.
Generally I'd do well, but rng sometime gives essentially a scrambled chessboard and I refuse to believe most people can memorise it in such a short period of time. If the timer was longer... I literally fail to actually see everything in time.
If there's an obvious pattern, then it's easy.

View attachment 1021283
Seems like a scam.
Generally I'd do well, but rng sometime gives essentially a scrambled chessboard and I refuse to believe most people can memorise it in such a short period of time. If the timer was longer... I literally fail to actually see everything in time.
If there's an obvious pattern, then it's easy.
Yeah. It's rng. If you hit a streak of good rng, you can do well.
IMG 20210304 102100

who cares man

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18244

Before you get started…

Let’s get started:

green.jpg
red.jpg
yello.jpg
blue.jpg

triangle-green-2.jpg
star-blue.jpg
star-red-2.jpg
star-purple.jpg

Tagging chill users:

🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️🆗♂️𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕀 𝔸𝕄 𝔸 𝔾𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝕄𝔸ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕆 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℍ𝕌𝕄𝔸ℕ

Before you get started…

Let’s get started:

green.jpg
red.jpg
yello.jpg
blue.jpg

triangle-green-2.jpg
star-blue.jpg
star-red-2.jpg
star-purple.jpg

Tagging chill users:

Good guide but what does this help with?