Meditation

Deleted member 10413

Deleted member 10413

🌸🌼❤️✨👑✨❤️🌼🌸

Meditation

There are five popular types of meditation practice I would recommend. Pick the one that resonates the most with you.

Method #1 – Mindfulness​

In mindfulness meditation, you pay attention to your thoughts as they pass through your mind. You don’t judge the thoughts or become involved with them. You simply observe and take note of any patterns. This practice combines concentration with awareness. You may find it helpful to focus on an object or your breath while you observe any bodily sensations, thoughts, or feelings.​

Method #2 – Focused​

Focused meditation involves concentration using any of the five senses. For example, you can focus on something internal, like your breath, or you can bring in external influences to help focus your attention. This practice may be simple in theory, but it can be difficult for beginners to hold their focus for longer than a few minutes at first.​
If your mind does wander, it’s important to come back to the practice and refocus. As the name suggests, this practice is ideal for anyone who requires additional focus in their life.​

Method #3 – Mantra​

This type of meditation uses a repetitive sound to clear the mind. It can be a word, phrase, or sound, such as the popular “Om.” It doesn’t matter if your mantra is spoken loudly or quietly. After chanting the mantra for some time, you’ll be more alert and in tune with your environment. This allows you to experience deeper levels of awareness. Some people enjoy mantra meditation because they find it easier to focus on a word than on their breath. This is also a good practice for people who don’t like silence and enjoy repetition.​

Method #4 – Progressive​

Also known as body scan meditation, progressive relaxation is a practice aimed at reducing tension in the body and promoting relaxation. Oftentimes, this form of meditation involves slowly tightening and relaxing one muscle group at a time throughout the body. In some cases, it may also encourage you to imagine a gentle wave flowing through your body to help release any tension.​

Method #5 – Visualization​

Visualization meditation is a technique focused on enhancing feelings of relaxation, peace, and calmness by visualizing positive scenes or images. With this practice, it’s important to imagine the scene vividly and use all five senses to add as much detail as possible. Another form of visualization meditation involves imagining yourself succeeding at specific goals, which is intended to increase focus and motivation.​

Brainwaves​

Type #1 – Delta (0.1 to 4 Hz)​

Delta waves are high amplitude brain waves with a frequency of 0.1-4 Hz. These brainwaves are associated with the deepest stages of sleep.​
Function: Delta waves increase the production of two anti-aging hormones, DHEA and melatonin. They help promote deep compassion and empathy for others, improve social intelligence, and avoid conflict.​

Type #2 – Theta (4-8 Hz)​

These become predominant when we do any task that is automatic like driving, washing clothes, shampooing hair, folding clothes, etc. They are also present in daydreaming.​
Function: Theta waves provide a positive mental state and encourage creativity. They improve your problem-solving skills and increase your memory. The waves improve your focus and keep you calm and balanced.​

Type #3 – Alpha (8-12 Hz)​

A person who has completed a task and sits down to rest is often in an alpha state. A person who takes time out to reflect or meditate is usually in an alpha state.​

Type #4 – Beta (above 12 Hz)​

When the brain is aroused and actively engaged in mental activities, it generates beta waves.​
Function: Beta waves create awareness and improve concentration. They increase logical thinking and develop your conversational abilities.​

Type #5 – Gamma (above 30 Hz)​

Gamma waves are associated with intense focus.​
Function: Gamma waves decrease anxiety and fear and increase positive emotions. They reduce depressive feelings and symptoms.​

Brain-Waves_Infographic.jpg

Meditation and Brainwaves​

During meditation, the brain shows theta waves and alpha waves predominately. These waves are associated with a relaxed state of mind as compared to alpha waves, which are associated with an aroused state of mind. The goal of meditation seems to be to slow yourself down until you reach theta at which point you try to maintain it.​
depositphotos_148613701-stock-illustration-electromagnetic-spectrum-of-a-brain.jpg

Meditation Benefits​

Meditation_1.jpg

How to stick to it​

Habits​

Meditate for 10 seconds on day 1 and SLOWLY increase the time as the days go by. If you instead tried to meditate for 10 minutes you might be able to do it for 1 day but by day 2 the willpower cost is too high and you won't be able to maintain consistency. If you stay consistent for 2 months it should become a habit. During that 2 months if you go 3 days without meditating then it is unlikely you will continue it.​

Habitica​

Habitica is a (free) app were you put in your list of habits and you come back everyday and get coins and xp for completing your habits. The idea here is that the coins and xp serve as a dopamine reward which will motivate you.​
y6kN8Okqkkbgfb6RQ-C0Rj6-KKBP3TjGw0Sm_YDSz08uQVBAJorBvzLbKjIUbOHbHpE=w720-h310

Forest​

When you meditate a tree grows slowly in the background and if you end your session prematurely the tree dies. Every time you complete a meditation session another tree gets put in your forest.
08f5fbb9-2cc9-4e2f-97b2-8419c03a9431.jpg

Tagging chill users:
@RAITEIII @sytyl @Hozay @DianabolDownie @FraudingIQ @Fuckmachine @GreenTea @thecel @johncruz12345 @Madhate @Original @john2 @africancel @GODmaxxing @warpsociety

If that was useful I would reccomend checking out:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: col34d, futuregigamogger, Deleted member 14392 and 19 others
Extra Note: There is alot of pseudoscience surrounding meditation brainwaves and lucid dreaming and I think I did a good job of avoiding it all. But if decide that you want to do further research please be careful of it.

Also no one asked if you read it or not

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 761 and 9 others
Niggers

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11758
Thanks Grimba going to do this unironically

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kristin, Deleted member 9380, Deleted member 10413 and 1 other person
I think it is all a big indian placebo

• +1
Reactions: col34d
I think it is all a big indian placebo
There is definitely a lot of pseudo science in meditation. But there is also a lot of science as well. If you ignore the pseudo science meditation is still a very useful thing to do with a lot of accompanying benefits.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Deleted member 9380 and Deleted member 12303
I'm so close to finishing this 'thinking guide' saga thing. I still have 2 guides left to make and they are each going to be very cool and I'm excited to release them.

I have the ending planned already and its going to be godtier

Anyway I will finish them sometime later.
sleepy kitten GIF
Dog Kitten GIF
kitten meow GIF

If you have any questions about anything feel free to pm

Last edited:
Good thread. Meditation is honestly legit. Don't listen to the faggots in the comments. They don't deserve this quality guide.

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger, Deleted member 14392 and Deleted member 10413
Extra Note: There is alot of pseudoscience surrounding meditation brainwaves and lucid dreaming and I think I did a good job of avoiding it all. But if decide that you want to do further research please be careful of it.

Also no one asked if you read it or not
Aum shinrikyo

3f46906c 80e0 11e8 8c40 58d9485981d4 image hires 201501

Yea bro! Let's meditate bro!

Forest​

When you meditate a tree grows slowly in the background and if you end your session prematurely the tree dies. Every time you complete a meditation session another tree gets put in your forest.
I already meditate but this will defo help with being consistent
Good thread once again

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
Quality thread again from based bluecel. For some reason the tag didn't work but meditation is legit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Madhate
im thirsty brb getting water x3

grumbo i will legit fuggit u

if your mind wanders you should:

1. Take it as an 'aha' moment and be happy that you recognized you were mind wandering
2. Focus back on the breath or the anchor
3. INTEND to focus on the breath and the periphery for as long as possible.

This will reduce mind wandering insane amounts

Read The Mind Illuminated if you want to learn more about this

• +1
Reactions: DatNibba11, Edgar and Deleted member 10413