How to train your calves in a home gym

Luke LLL

Luke LLL

The good days are ahead
Basically I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to train calves if you don’t have a machine like this at home:
1A6BC4CC 8FC1 4F41 8AC6 DB248B59A9D6
8AE39E53 1C60 44F1 A7F6 698251FC0035

When I was training today I figured out a great way to do this. Also I do know there are other ways to train calves like standing barbell calve raises, I just feel like this is the best machine for calves.

If you’re using extremely heavy weight you can purchase a barbell foam wrap for squats which you can use to increase the comfort. The machines that this is imitating use foam also.

Step 1:
Set your bar and bench up in this position
1B6A1CC6 6CEF 461F A625 F56978A9A9A1

Step 2:
Place your toes on the edge of your bench like this. If your bench doesn’t have a similar position where you can put your feet, put a piece of wood there and place your toes on the edge.
84857AD1 0973 451D 8055 BFDD823F6A46

Step 3:
Unrack your bar by placing it on the end of your quads, and start your workout.
07BD584B 0008 4155 A210 9CF3DCDF72DC

Adjust weight accordingly.

I will be making a guide on the best home gym equipment for beginners soon.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: MewingJBP, underdog, Chadelite and 8 others
Basically I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to train calves if you don’t have a machine like this at home:
View attachment 211601View attachment 211602

When I was training today I figured out a great way to do this. Also I do know there are other ways to train calves like standing barbell calve raises, I just feel like this is the best machine for calves.

If you’re using extremely heavy weight you can purchase a barbell foam wrap for squats which you can use to increase the comfort. The machines that this is imitating use foam also.

Step 1:
Set your bar and bench up in this position
View attachment 211596

Step 2:
Place your toes on the edge of your bench like this. If your bench doesn’t have a similar position where you can put your feet, put a piece of wood there and place your toes on the edge.
View attachment 211611

Step 3:
Unrack your bar by placing it on the end of your quads, and start your workout.
View attachment 211612

Adjust weight accordingly.

I will be making a guide on the best home gym equipment for beginners soon.
Since this is small muscle that is used everyday ocassionally, you can train it everyday (Nuclei overload), and i think that's the only way to get them popping

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
Incel trait: owning a home gym

• WTF
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: MewingJBP, underdog and diggbicc
Inel trait: training calves

• +1
Reactions: MewingJBP
Incel trait: small calves

• +1
Reactions: MewingJBP, 6ft8InTheNetherlands and Luke LLL
just do calf raises like this. Doing them one leg at a time is actually pretty difficult
single-leg-calf-raise-calves-1-exercise_potrait_step_image.jpg

• +1
Reactions: shortretrudedchin, MewingJBP, Luke LLL and 1 other person
Calves need to be trained high reps

• +1
just do calf raises like this. Doing them one leg at a time is actually pretty difficult
single-leg-calf-raise-calves-1-exercise_potrait_step_image.jpg
Good advice man, although I do feel like it’s easier to isolate with the op method.

how to be a lonely gymcel at home

Come on nelson we dont care about that jfl its useless as fuck just do squat theory , we want the facepuller buying guide bro

Come on nelson we dont care about that jfl its useless as fuck just do squat theory , we want the facepuller buying guide bro
Yesterday the last item that I needed to finish the appliance was shipped.

Incel trait: small calves

Extremely true, most incels need to be blastng their calves and forearms to get them in proper proportion along with increasing sheer size. The guys who say "you don't need to train calves or forearms they just grow naturally" are the same sort of people saying "you don't need to get plastic surgery just get some nice skin cream and get a nice haircut and you're good to go!" it is true for some people but not most. The natural hormonal balance doesn't make it happen.

I also think calves are extremely underrated in regards to what makes a woman attractive. If they can't see it in the bathroom mirror people forget about it, but everyone else sees it. It's a big factor in your overall body proportions. A lot of people have what I call a "starfish" body where you have a big torso, large-ish upper arms and thighs, and skinny forearms and lower legs. You want a more even balance with forearms about as big as your upper arms and lower legs, probably not as big around as your thighs but getting there. I think a lot of incels have calves that aren't half as big around as their thighs and that's just unattractive.

I think overall body proportions are extremely important, they're what come up in virtually every study as the number one thing determining universal attractiveness. A lot is determined by your frame but you can do a lot with controlling your muscle and fat levels, especially as a man. If women don't think you might be attractive looking at you from 50 feet away they're probably still not going to find you attractive up close unless you have a top-tier face. You basically want to fraud having the proper hormonal balance to naturally have a well-developed capable and powerful body. Yes this can mean a whole lot of repetitive calf exercises Chad doesn't need.

If you work your forearms and calves heavily you will also feel the difference in how athletically capable you become and then you will understand their true importance. Add neck in there as well of course. Right now I train calves, neck, and forearms every other day ish. Training my forearms heavily also fixed my wrist pain which was preventing me from progressing with some other lifts.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead and Luke LLL
This site has become the retarded and newbie version of bodybuilding.com

Extremely true, most incels need to be blastng their calves and forearms to get them in proper proportion along with increasing sheer size. The guys who say "you don't need to train calves or forearms they just grow naturally" are the same sort of people saying "you don't need to get plastic surgery just get some nice skin cream and get a nice haircut and you're good to go!" it is true for some people but not most. The natural hormonal balance doesn't make it happen.

I also think calves are extremely underrated in regards to what makes a woman attractive. If they can't see it in the bathroom mirror people forget about it, but everyone else sees it. It's a big factor in your overall body proportions. A lot of people have what I call a "starfish" body where you have a big torso, large-ish upper arms and thighs, and skinny forearms and lower legs. You want a more even balance with forearms about as big as your upper arms and lower legs, probably not as big around as your thighs but getting there. I think a lot of incels have calves that aren't half as big around as their thighs and that's just unattractive.

I think overall body proportions are extremely important, they're what come up in virtually every study as the number one thing determining universal attractiveness. A lot is determined by your frame but you can do a lot with controlling your muscle and fat levels, especially as a man. If women don't think you might be attractive looking at you from 50 feet away they're probably still not going to find you attractive up close unless you have a top-tier face. You basically want to fraud having the proper hormonal balance to naturally have a well-developed capable and powerful body. Yes this can mean a whole lot of repetitive calf exercises Chad doesn't need.

If you work your forearms and calves heavily you will also feel the difference in how athletically capable you become and then you will understand their true importance. Add neck in there as well of course. Right now I train calves, neck, and forearms every other day ish. Training my forearms heavily also fixed my wrist pain which was preventing me from progressing with some other lifts.
That is interesting that training forearms helped with other lifts. What lift specifically?

Also OP don't you need a standing exercise as well? I thought there were two parts to the calf. One worked when in a bent knee sitting position like the exercise you describe. And one that works when the leg is straight eg. standing.
That is interesting that training forearms helped with other lifts. What lift specifically?

Anything where my palms would be facing upward and the weight was pulling them down, eg. bicep curls. I can now comfortably put tons of weight in that position and be fine, before the wrist pain would hold me back. i also have a physical job and the stress would wear it out easily. i think it was a strength issue causing the pain because it happened in the hald I don't use nearly as much, if I was gonna have wrist issues due to repetition it should be my right hand.

Last edited:
  • +1
Since this is small muscle that is used everyday ocassionally, you can train it everyday (Nuclei overload), and i think that's the only way to get them popping

Could you explain nuclei overload and how to induce it?