How to transition from Finasteride to Dutasteride?

Deleted member 19642

Deleted member 19642

Steroidmaxxed
So I’ve been on fin for a month and decided fuck if I’m getting on dut. I just got a dut prescription today but I’m not sure if I should keep taking both at the same time or just quit fin asap? I went on Reddit and there’s a lot of conflicting information there.

583D1A53 5705 4D30 97D2 11CCAA1B48D3

My doctor even said I need to quit fin and wait two weeks but that doesn’t make any sense to me… I think I will keep taking fin also for a month because I read Dutasteride takes a while to build up in your system.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
don't think it matters at all

waiting a week or two isn't gonna do any harm though

Last edited:
Yeah cause dut takes a while to build up if I quit fin right away I could have some more hairloss
nothing is gonna happen in just 1-2 weeks

you sure fin isn't good enough though? what nw are you?

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
I'm on finateride and dutasteride at the same time right now. Seriously caging at people saying muh don't take them together.

Guess what Absolutely nothing has happened to me any different since using both at the same time. I'm literally exactly the same. You have to take both to start Dut otherwise you can lose fin dependant hairs because Dut takes many weeks to build up systemically AND EVEN LONGER to start working. You'll lose all the fun dependant hairs just to have to get another shed from Dut to get them back in many months. Just take them both for like 6 months then drop fin after you get a dut shed or something. That's what I'm doing.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ezio6, Oberyn and ifyouwannabemylover
I'm on finateride and dutasteride at the same time right now. Seriously caging at people saying muh don't take them together.

Guess what Absolutely nothing has happened to me any different since using both at the same time. I'm literally exactly the same. You have to take both to start Dut otherwise you can lose fin dependant hairs because Dut takes many weeks to build up systemically AND EVEN LONGER to start working. You'll lose all the fun dependant hairs just to have to get another shed from Dut to get them back in many months. Just take them both for like 6 months then drop fin after you get a dut shed or something. That's what I'm doing.
this makes no sense to me. both dut and fin inhibit 5ar right away so idk why it would need weeks to start working.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
nothing is gonna happen in just 1-2 weeks

you sure fin isn't good enough though? what nw are you?
contrary to this forum which mainly is normies and young people in their early 20s not being on 5ar inhibitors for many years, finasteride is not that nuclear of a hairloss treatment. it's simply not enough for a lot of men. either it is for a while, then later they need Dut because they start losing hair again, or fin only slows down the loss and doesn't stop it etc. having any excess DHT in your system just fucking rapes hair and that's just how it works.

yea i would definitely believe some greycel poster from some autistic forum instead of several doctors

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: arabcelxxx and ROTTING
Wh

y would fin and dut together make you more likely to have side effects

contrary to this forum which mainly is normies and young people in their early 20s not being on 5ar inhibitors for many years, finasteride is not that nuclear of a hairloss treatment. it's simply not enough for a lot of men. either it is for a while, then later they need Dut because they start losing hair again, or fin only slows down the loss and doesn't stop it etc. having any excess DHT in your system just fucking rapes hair and that's just how it works.
Fin is more than enough for most people.

Fin is more than enough for most people.
For YOUNG PEOPLE + A FEW YEARS. Eventually that shit just stops working. And for me personally, the side effects on fin and dut are exactly the same, so I see no reason not to just nuke the problem. Why would I want to risk balding...

Ho
For YOUNG PEOPLE + A FEW YEARS. Eventually that shit just stops working. And for me personally, the side effects on fin and dut are exactly the same, so I see no reason not to just nuke the problem. Why would I want to risk balding...
w old r u? And how long u been on fin until u need to upgrade to dut

It takes about a month for dutasteride to start working at full capacity. What I did was take both for 1 month and then stop the finasteride. I did not notice any receding or side effects whatsoever doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back