How to truly know how you look. Information about cameras.

DoctorPMA

DoctorPMA

Equinox
Do not be deceived by how you look through a selfie camera or a camera in general. Do not think that you look good or bad based on pictures. I have wondered about this topic for a while and came to these conclusions after many tests.

Different phones have different camera modules. Selfie from iPhone is different from an LG Samsung or any other phone that has different camera module. This is partially due to hardware but the most substantial difference is seen through software. What you see through your camera app is different from what you see through snapchat and instagram. Try it out yourself in different lighting positions. Try it with rear camera pointing at the mirror as well. You will notice a substantial difference. Many apps "beautify" reshaping your nose eyes and slim your face by default. Sometimes it can be subtle sometimes not.

What about pro cameras with good lighting?
A really good photographer with a good camera can make you look better than you are in real life. No surprises here. Is it truly how you look tho?

So how to properly know how good you look?

Best way is to record yourself in motion with a good camera in variety of lightnings and angles. The way you look in motion is what truly matters! Selfies and mirrors will not give you accurate results.

Look at this video:

It speaks for itself.

Why wouldn't mirrors give a good result? I look the same in a mirror and a video, but different in selfies.

Why wouldn't mirrors give a good result? I look the same in a mirror and a video, but different in selfies.
You are used to the way you look in mirrors. In your head you may look better or worse than you really are. You also always subconsciously looking for the best angle when looking at the mirror.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Best way is to record yourself in motion with a good camera in variety of lightnings and angles. The way you look in motion is what truly matters! Selfies and mirrors will not give you accurate results.
wouldn't mirrors be best to show you how your skin/coloring looks ? agred on motion being most important though

stop with the mirror/camera/motion stuff. girl reactions is ALL that matters.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: chadpreetcel123 and shimada
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
S9 plus is my phone. I would be psl8 with pixel 2 I swear believe me

wouldn't mirrors be best to show you how your skin/coloring looks ? agred on motion being most important though
Pillarman
Adept

Image result for pillar men