How to wash hair without losing volume?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Ogremaxxing
Whenever I shampoo, my hair is always flat and thin feeling, and just flops down the next day. Then the day after it's decent, then it starts to get greasy.

I haven't washed with shampoo for like 10 days now and until a couple of days ago my hair felt good, had volume and could be shaped with no product. Now it's starting to get greasy though, and waxy feeling and takes ages to dry (I think it's cos of hard water)

Is shampoo worth it? I hate shampoo cos it means my hair is thinner feeling and flops around, but I also don't want my hair to look greasy or feel waxy

Does shampoo type matter? Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: normie tiktoker, RAMU KAKA and DildoFaggins
Probably either sulphate or silicones. I use Cantu it's cheap and doesn't have all the stripping stuff

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Use castor oil.

• +1
How? Shampoo then use it? How much and how to apply?
I usually just let it sit in my hair rub it in - I say just use the castor oil in itself
Makes ur hair hella thick

• JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker
will be doing it then. so just apply it in dry hair and massage it into scalp, no shampoo no conditioner and it won’t bring any grease/make hair oily?

• +1
Reactions: DoII
will be doing it then. so just apply it in dry hair and massage it into scalp, no shampoo no conditioner and it won’t bring any grease/make hair oily?
Well you’re gonna need to wash it out that’s what I did bro I just washed it out with water

• Love it
Reactions: Running!
Well you’re gonna need to wash it out that’s what I did bro I just washed it out with water
how often do you do this?

• +1
Reactions: DoII
just use some conditioner, works for me

Mix either 5 ml's of either rosemarry or argan oil in a ounce of coconut oil, apply it over night then wash it

Mix 5 ml of lavendar oil in an ounce of shampoo and wash your hair with it

Volume last for days with it

Only if you have either

1a or 1b hair tho

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and optimisticzoomer
noshampoo mogs

• +1
try sulfate free shampoo and silicone free products

• +1
Do you use conditioner ?

• +1
Mix either 5 ml's of either rosemarry or argan oil in a ounce of coconut oil, apply it over night then wash it
just make your pillow greasy theory

I haven't washed my hair with shampoo in about 2 years. I used to have the exact same problem as you until I just decided to stop using shampoo and hair products all together.

Looks pretty good now and I get plenty of compliments about my hair. I still have to "wash" it though, just using water, by getting in the shower and scrubbing my scalp with the palms of my fingers.

One thing to keep in mind is that this might not work if you have hard water cause it will build up in your hair giving it that sticky feeling. I've got a water softener though so don't need to worry about that.

Outside activities

This is gonna sound weird but get a water filter maybe. I’ve gone to my gym shower and I almost feel like I’m balding then when I take a home shower it’s fine. Chlorine fucks hair and other chems cause balding

• +1