Humor does not actually exist

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
What people call 'humor' is actually just a form of satire in which someone derives amusement from the perceived inferiority or superiority of something in relation to something else. This is also why humor is 'subjective' (it's not): Different people have different social status, and thus 'humor' is not shared. A joke highlighting the inferiority if janitors relative to CEO's will be funny to CEO's, but not janitors.

Humor does not exist once you understand this. Jokes are literally just there to mock somebody or something. Humor is basically just sadism.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Patriot, Deleted member 15338, klamus and 4 others
A joke highlighting the inferiority if janitors relative to CEO's will be funny to CEO's, but not janitors.
You're wrong. black humor is a thing, people are willing to joke about themselves and other fucked up savage things. which is also a form of mocking reality, but you're wrong in that assumption.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: OGJBSLAYER, Lasko123, Deleted member 14323 and 1 other person
You're wrong.
The CEO can laugh at the anti-CEO joke if the CEO is a sadist and the concept behind the joke is to depict the CEO as mean/cruel. Because in that context cruelty = power. Basically the CEO only laughs at the anti-CEO joke because it still depicts him as powerful.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2597
The CEO can laugh at the anti-CEO joke if the CEO is a sadist and the concept behind the joke is to depict the CEO as mean/cruel. Because in that context cruelty = power. Basically the CEO only laughs at the anti-CEO joke because it still depicts him as powerful.
Nice assumption, but people are clearly willing to make fun of themselves from time to time without gaining anything from it other than lolz.

op when is your rope-day?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13754
What people call 'humor' is actually just a form of satire in which someone derives amusement from the perceived inferiority or superiority of something in relation to something else. This is also why humor is 'subjective' (it's not): Different people have different social status, and thus 'humor' is not shared. A joke highlighting the inferiority if janitors relative to CEO's will be funny to CEO's, but not janitors.

Humor does not exist once you understand this. Jokes are literally just there to mock somebody or something. Humor is basically just sadism.

• JFL
Reactions: OGJBSLAYER
haha i laugh at your avi i'm so entitled :feelsgood:

Nice assumption, but people are clearly willing to make fun of themselves from time to time without gaining anything from it other than lolz.
It's called humble-bragging.

Give me one example of a joke that discredits my point. One that is actually funny.
Not big on constructed jokes (me and you both suck at this) I know it's a thing.

I really don’t think it’s that deep

what living in a frozen rock located in the atlantic does to a mf 💀

@lutte

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 6403 and lutte
There are different types of humor, you just mentioned one type. All lot of it is in fact derived from doing a bait and switch or saying something the receipt doesn't expect instead of straight up insulting people.