I asked ChatGPT to create a full body every other day workout plan for me. What do you think?

alien

alien

Kraken
I really don't feel like doing PPL 6 days a week. And when I ask ChatGPT to write me a PPL plan 4 days a week, it just has me do push twice a week and pull and legs only once a week for some reason. And PPL 3 days a week is probably not enough since you're only doing push, pull and legs 1x a week each. So I've stuck to full body 3.5x a week (one day on, one day off alternating) for the past 11.5+ months or so. I've finished Day 2 of 4 so far.

Me: Make me a full body workout plan for a 38 year old male at 167cm tall 66.6kg every other day for 4 days a week with the goal of building muscle mass on a bulk that adds 2% of my body weight per month

ChatGPT: Sure! Here's a full body workout plan for a 38-year-old male who is 167cm tall, weighs 66.6kg, and wants to build muscle mass on a bulk with the goal of adding 2% of body weight per month. You can follow this plan every other day for 4 days a week:

Day 1:

Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Overhead Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Tricep Dips: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Plank: Hold for 30-60 seconds

Day 2:

Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Lunges: 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg
Pull-Ups or Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Leg Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Hammer Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Tricep Pushdowns: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Russian Twists: 2 sets of 10-12 reps per side

Day 3:

Barbell Front Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Arnold Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Preacher Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Tricep Overhead Extensions: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Hanging Leg Raises: 2 sets of 10-12 reps

Day 4:

Barbell Back Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Lat Pulldowns or Pull-Ups: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Notes:

Perform a warm-up set before each exercise.
Rest for 1-2 minutes between sets.
Use weights that challenge you within the designated rep range.
Gradually increase the weight as you progress to ensure progressive overload.
Focus on proper form and technique for each exercise.
Include a balanced diet with sufficient protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats to support muscle growth during your bulk.
Monitor your weight and adjust your caloric intake as needed to achieve your goal of adding 2% of body weight per month.
Remember to listen to your body, stay consistent with your workouts, and gradually increase the intensity

Last edited:
Dear "alien,"

I understand your frustration with the PPL (Push, Pull, Legs) workout routine and the lack of satisfactory results from ChatPGT. It seems that the suggested plan doesn't align with your preferences and goals. However, I'd like to offer you a hyperbolic response that humorously exaggerates the situation:

Ah, the perplexities of the gym world! It appears that the cosmic forces have conspired against your desire for a suitable workout plan. Alas, ChatGPT, the divine oracle of exercise, has failed to grasp the intricacies of your unique physique and aspirations.

Behold! The heavens weep as they present you with a routine that pays little heed to the sacred balance of muscle groups. Push exercises have been deified to the point of repetition, while the noble pulls and legs suffer the ignominy of once-a-week devotion. Verily, a disconcerting conundrum!

But lo and behold, in your eternal wisdom, you have forged your own path—a full body regimen of mythical proportions! With resolute determination, you embark upon the sacred quest of full body workouts every other day. No muscle shall be left unattended as you strive to sculpt a physique that defies the gods themselves!

For 11.5 moons and counting, you have diligently followed this otherworldly routine, journeying through the alternating days of growth and rest. You now stand upon the precipice of Day 2, proud and steadfast in your unwavering commitment.

And so, dear adventurer, as the stars align and the cosmos converge, I shall weave for you a grand tapestry of exercises. A full body workout plan, curated especially for a 38-year-old male, standing at the majestic height of 167cm and blessed with a weight of 66.6kg. Brace yourself, for the gains shall be tremendous!

Day 1:

• Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Overhead Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-10 reps or cheetahs
  • Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Tricep Dips: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Plank: Hold for 30-60 seconds
Day 2:

• Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Lunges: 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg
  • Pull-Ups or Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-10 jaguars or reps
  • Leg Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Hammer Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Tricep Pushdowns: 2 sets of 10-12 reps or jaguar
  • Russian Twists: 2 sets of 10-12 reps per side
Day 3:

• Barbell Front Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps @vanillaicecream
  • Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Arnold Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Preacher Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Tricep Overhead Extensions: 2 sets of 10-12 reps

• +1
Reactions: me1o
you need to give your muscles 2 days rest after working them, AI doesnt understand this. this is why PPL is superior than most other splits.

you need to give your muscles 2 days rest after working them, AI doesnt understand this. this is why PPL is superior than most other splits.
So if I did for example Romanian Deadlifts on Monday and then I did conventional deadlifts today as per ChatGPT's recommendations, am I not giving myself enough rest? Or are Romanian and conventional deadlifts different enough that I can get away with that?

Luckily I only have to do two Romanian Deadlifts per week and one Conventional Deadlift per week at least. But because ChatGPT has me doing three deadlifts in one week, I have to have one back to back (Monday and Wednesday) out of the 4 days I'm in the gym.

Last edited:
garbage

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius
Dear "alien,"

I understand your frustration with the PPL (Push, Pull, Legs) workout routine and the lack of satisfactory results from ChatPGT. It seems that the suggested plan doesn't align with your preferences and goals. However, I'd like to offer you a hyperbolic response that humorously exaggerates the situation:

Ah, the perplexities of the gym world! It appears that the cosmic forces have conspired against your desire for a suitable workout plan. Alas, ChatGPT, the divine oracle of exercise, has failed to grasp the intricacies of your unique physique and aspirations.

Behold! The heavens weep as they present you with a routine that pays little heed to the sacred balance of muscle groups. Push exercises have been deified to the point of repetition, while the noble pulls and legs suffer the ignominy of once-a-week devotion. Verily, a disconcerting conundrum!

But lo and behold, in your eternal wisdom, you have forged your own path—a full body regimen of mythical proportions! With resolute determination, you embark upon the sacred quest of full body workouts every other day. No muscle shall be left unattended as you strive to sculpt a physique that defies the gods themselves!

For 11.5 moons and counting, you have diligently followed this otherworldly routine, journeying through the alternating days of growth and rest. You now stand upon the precipice of Day 2, proud and steadfast in your unwavering commitment.

And so, dear adventurer, as the stars align and the cosmos converge, I shall weave for you a grand tapestry of exercises. A full body workout plan, curated especially for a 38-year-old male, standing at the majestic height of 167cm and blessed with a weight of 66.6kg. Brace yourself, for the gains shall be tremendous!

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

this is hilarious tbh

very bad

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius
Dear "alien,"

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

just do a bro split and train to failure you’re doing way too much unnecessary volume

Jfl at using chatgpt for anything important tbh.

I really don't feel like doing PPL 6 days a week. And when I ask ChatGPT to write me a PPL plan 4 days a week, it just has me do push twice a week and pull and legs only once a week for some reason. And PPL 3 days a week is probably not enough since you're only doing push, pull and legs 1x a week each. So I've stuck to full body 3.5x a week (one day on, one day off alternating) for the past 11.5+ months or so. I've finished Day 2 of 4 so far.

Me: Make me a full body workout plan for a 38 year old male at 167cm tall 66.6kg every other day for 4 days a week with the goal of building muscle mass on a bulk that adds 2% of my body weight per month

ChatGPT: Sure! Here's a full body workout plan for a 38-year-old male who is 167cm tall, weighs 66.6kg, and wants to build muscle mass on a bulk with the goal of adding 2% of body weight per month. You can follow this plan every other day for 4 days a week:

Day 1:

Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Overhead Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps

Day 2:

Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Lunges: 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg
Pull-Ups or Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Leg Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Tricep Pushdowns: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Russian Twists: 2 sets of 10-12 reps per side

Day 3:

Barbell Front Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Arnold Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Preacher Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Tricep Overhead Extensions: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Hanging Leg Raises: 2 sets of 10-12 reps

Day 4:

Barbell Back Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Lat Pulldowns or Pull-Ups: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Notes:

Perform a warm-up set before each exercise.
Rest for 1-2 minutes between sets.
Use weights that challenge you within the designated rep range.
Gradually increase the weight as you progress to ensure progressive overload.
Focus on proper form and technique for each exercise.
Include a balanced diet with sufficient protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats to support muscle growth during your bulk.
Monitor your weight and adjust your caloric intake as needed to achieve your goal of adding 2% of body weight per month.
Remember to listen to your body, stay consistent with your workouts, and gradually increase the intensity
Chagpt makes up shit

Chagpt makes up shit
I created this thread literally less than 3 months ago. And after trying out 3 different established PPLs and 1 established upper/lower plan, I can't help but look back and laugh at how lacking in common sense ChatGPT is. ChatGPT provides you with a nice skeleton to work with. But you have to massage the details to create a worthwhile workout plan.

I created this thread literally less than 3 months ago. And after trying out 3 different established PPLs and 1 established upper/lower plan, I can't help but look back and laugh at how lacking in common sense ChatGPT is. ChatGPT provides you with a nice skeleton to work with. But you have to massage the details to create a worthwhile workout plan.
Yeah bro
Ai is dumb