I didn't beat acne. Acne beat me.

Deleted member 39

Deleted member 39

The Inferior
When I started taking the drug I thought would turn out to be a miracle, Isotretinoin, I was looking forward to showing you guys the positive changes of my skin.
Now, 18 fucking months later, I'm at the lowest point I've ever been. My skin right now is worse than it was before I started the treatment.
I got my hopes up, was already saving up for acne scar laser treatments, because this drug was indeed a miracle for me for a limited time however.
At around month 6-10, my skin was perfectly smooth and I only had a few scars from my severe acne left. After that I got occasional small pimples again.
Now, my treatment is over, I shouldn't be taking these pills anymore, but I have about 20 of them left and I'm still taking them because I didn't take them for only 4 days and my skin was a mess again.

My skin is beyond over. I don't know what to do. I'm really frustrated and desperate because I really thought it would be finally over, after 5 years of acne. There's almost no space on my face where there isn't a scar. A photo can't properly show it, but in real life one can see it.
I wanna rip my skin off. No idea why I deserve this.

Before treatment:
Screenshot 20191029 200959

After treatment, pic taken 1 minute ago (month 19 of Isotretinoin):
IMG 20191029 201748

Tldr: took Accutane for 18 months with no result in the end, acne is back again ruining my life, and I can't accept my fate

• So Sad
  • WTF
Reactions: laske.7, Ruby, LordNorwood and 4 others
Start taking high concentration retin-a, that is a more viable long term treatment as you clearly need it and running accutane for that long isn't healthy to say the least.

• +1
Reactions: GreenHat500, ZyzzReincarnate and SikKunt
Do what belnar also did pretty sure he also had acne

Latinas love your phenotype

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2095, Short Ugly and Brown, the next o'pry and 1 other person
Start taking high concentration retin-a, that is a more viable long term treatment as you clearly need it and running accutane for that long isn't healthy to say the least.
I'll discuss this idea with my dermatologist but he'll probably prescribe me Accutane for another year or so.
I'd rather be dead than live with this face, so I don't give a shit about side effects anymore.

I'll discuss this idea with my dermatologist but he'll probably prescribe me Accutane for another year or so.
I'd rather be dead than live with this face, so I don't give a shit about side effects anymore.
What was you dose though? People who use the higher doses usually have a more permanent effect on keeping away acne.

What was you dose though? People who use the higher doses usually have a more permanent effect on keeping away acne.
My dose was 20mg/day, that's why I had to take it for so long.
If I have to go for another cycle I hope he'll give me like a 40mg/day dose for 6 months.
I need to eliminate my acne completely and forever.

Im sorry, man...

It's not that big of a deal

• Hmm...
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
Ever since I stopped caring about my acne, and stopped treating it.... i never had clearer skin. LOL

• +1
Reactions: GGG_THE_GOAT and Deleted member 3583
Your still a teenager wtf, you should have waited until your twenties before taking heavy meds. It's only a death sentence when your older.

I'm fighting a certain bacterium and fungi that has taken over my back and shoulders.

Bitch dermo told me I had adult onset acne, told her to take a biopsy and bam I got antibiotic resistant bacteria and some rare fungi.

Showed her.

Have you not tried tretinoin yet

Need under eye support, acne is an teen age indicator.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Try salicylic acid

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2095
When I started taking the drug I thought would turn out to be a miracle, Isotretinoin, I was looking forward to showing you guys the positive changes of my skin.
Now, 18 fucking months later, I'm at the lowest point I've ever been. My skin right now is worse than it was before I started the treatment.
I got my hopes up, was already saving up for acne scar laser treatments, because this drug was indeed a miracle for me for a limited time however.
At around month 6-10, my skin was perfectly smooth and I only had a few scars from my severe acne left. After that I got occasional small pimples again.
Now, my treatment is over, I shouldn't be taking these pills anymore, but I have about 20 of them left and I'm still taking them because I didn't take them for only 4 days and my skin was a mess again.

My skin is beyond over. I don't know what to do. I'm really frustrated and desperate because I really thought it would be finally over, after 5 years of acne. There's almost no space on my face where there isn't a scar. A photo can't properly show it, but in real life one can see it.

Before treatment: View attachment 149872
View attachment 149874

Tldr: took Accutane for 18 months with no result in the end, acne is back again ruining my life, and I can't accept my fate
Did u get more breakouts initially after starting?

Get rid fast u have good eye area it’s not over

Acne is beating you like BBC cock is beating your mom.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2810 and SayNoToRotting
Your still a teenager wtf, you should have waited until your twenties before taking heavy meds. It's only a death sentence when your older.

I'm fighting a certain bacterium and fungi that has taken over my back and shoulders.

Bitch dermo told me I had adult onset acne, told her to take a biopsy and bam I got antibiotic resistant bacteria and some rare fungi.

Showed her.
If I waited until my twenties my skin would be a battlefield. My dermatologist told me it was already way too late when I went to him at almost 18.

If I waited until my twenties my skin would be a battlefield. My dermatologist told me it was already way too late when I went to him at almost 18.
How can it be too late? My skin only cleared at 19.

Ance scars are near set but ance no ways.

20 mg daily for 18 months? Hats 1100 mg in total. You reached your cumulative dose man. Your skin now seems fine. My acne kept improving after accutane
How can it be too late? My skin only cleared at 19.

Ance scars are near set but ance no ways.
Too late to prevent scarring obviously

Last edited:
20 mg daily for 18 months? Hats 1100 mg in total. You reached your cumulative dose man. Your skin now seems fine. My acne kept improving after accutane

Too late to prevent scarring obviously
I'll get at least 5 laser treatments once my skin is free from pimples, I hope it'll reduce the scarring a lot since my scars aren't extremely deep

Holy shit If this is happening to me It is legit over

fuck bro :cry:
i really feel for you

My dose was 20mg/day, that's why I had to take it for so long.
If I have to go for another cycle I hope he'll give me like a 40mg/day dose for 6 months.
I need to eliminate my acne completely and forever.
holy fuck im on same dose and my dermatologist said in 6 month it will all begone but yeah no signs for improving too tbh. fucking brutal.

Holy shit If this is happening to me It is legit over
Probably not if you didn't have any acne so far. I got acne at 13
holy fuck im on same dose and my dermatologist said in 6 month it will all begone but yeah no signs for improving too tbh. fucking brutal.
@Enlil with such a low dosage you need to take it for longer, at month 6 my skin was completely clear (except scars ofc) and it lasted a few months

Before treatment: View attachment 149872
View attachment 149874

yup I never even finished the treatment and it slowly comes back, I hop on it for a week or so, then off for a while. Not sustainable but...

Maybe you are scratching your skin too often

Ever since I stopped caring about my acne, and stopped treating it.... i never had clearer skin. LOL
legit. stopping using cleansers and all that shit, boom no more acne

Dude have you tried an elimination diet? Kind of a long shot but all I can really think of.