I fucking hate leg day, my plan to lazy max legs

kej3094

kej3094

Platinum
So I and many others hate leg day, fortunately for me, I have a big ass and big thighs without really needing to work them at all, my calves are I think decently sized but honestly I think might be the only part of my legs I train. So my plan is to just do calf raises, and that’s it. It’s the only part of the legs people see and that’s only if you have shorts on, plus I’m natty so I think I’ll be fine. But I’ve heard increasing muscle mass in your body allows you to be leaner, so does big legs =six pack? In a way? Idk. Might add leg presses in just to increase leanness in entire body.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Xangsane, Deleted member 13335, SubhumanCurrycel and 1 other person
Why do you hate it?

So I and many others hate leg day, fortunately for me, I have a big ass and big thighs without really needing to work them at all, my calves are I think decently sized but honestly I think might be the only part of my legs I train. So my plan is to just do calf raises, and that’s it. It’s the only part of the legs people see and that’s only if you have shorts on, plus I’m natty so I think I’ll be fine. But I’ve heard increasing muscle mass in your body allows you to be leaner, so does big legs =six pack? In a way? Idk. Might add leg presses in just to increase leanness in entire body.
I’ve heard training legs helps increase testosterone and regulate muscle/fat loss. I’d find a source but I’m too lazy. Shouldn’t be hard to Google.

I don't even train legs, a natural physique will never hit a liner where the top third is too big compared to the bottom

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: evap0, ManzareK, Alexanderr and 3 others
Why do you hate it?
Its just way harder because it’s easier to gas out. And just be huffing for breathe and dripping sweat, and back pain potentially, idk I use to love it when I played football but now that I get winded easier it’s less fun

• +1
Reactions: Going2KillMyself
Legs blow up way too fast compared to other parts of the body. I used to do heavy squats and my legs got really big compared to my upper body and my sister said they looked massive.

• +1
Reactions: kej3094
When you train legs, you stunt the progress of your upper-body. As you can see, many people say that legs grow pretty fast. That means they steal a lot of energy you eat from your guns, and don't allow them to grow to a full extent!

Pls, don't listen to the bullshit about increase of T and HGH from training legs. First, any exercise increases these hormones. Second, they hardly even affect anabolism

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14274
The reason most people hate training legs is because they primarily train legs via whole body compound lifts like powerlifting squats that are very taxing on the CNS. You can get just as good results training legs with more isolation, without as much CNS stress. Or if you insist on doing squats, lower the weight, elevate your heels and focus more on targeting the quads rather than the whole posterior chain. The whole powerlifting ethos of training which is so ubiquitous these days should be the opposite of how we are trying to train.

• +1
Reactions: Schnauser, kej3094, AsGoodAsItGets and 1 other person
I’ve heard training legs helps increase testosterone and regulate muscle/fat loss. I’d find a source but I’m too lazy. Shouldn’t be hard to Google.

can it increase testosterone? maybe

will it be enough for you to feel it? no, but train legs anyways

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14650, AsGoodAsItGets and Biiyo03
When you train legs, you stunt the progress of your upper-body. As you can see, many people say that legs grow pretty fast. That means they steal a lot of energy you eat from your guns, and don't allow them to grow to a full extent!

Pls, don't listen to the bullshit about increase of T and HGH from training legs. First, any exercise increases these hormones. Second, they hardly even affect anabolism
Sounds like bro science. Do you have a source for that?

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Sounds like bro science. Do you have a source for that?
My first sentence is just common sense that I think doesnt need explanation

Talking about the second statement, the increase in testosterone of 25-50%, which is observed for a few hours after exercise, doesn't affect anabolism to a significant extent. You can increase your testosterone even more with AIs or AEs, but they won't help you build muscle. Furthermore, the testosterone levels even decrease a day after the exercise was conducted due to the feedback mechanism. If you want to build muscle by having more androgens in the body, you must have 24/7 high testosterone, which is preferably exogeneous, because there will be less SHBG. HGH isn't anabolic, you know that too. It releases during exercises just as a stress hormone

So I think that doing leg days to build upper-body faster is bro science