I got TMJ from chewing too much

I

idkagoodusername

Satire Account
I was chewing some regular gum (I don't have falim) for about 1 hour, and I started to feel some mild discomfort in my jaw. I was going to continue for just a few more minutes, but then I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my right jaw joint. So I stopped, but now my jaw and the area around my ear ache. And my teeth feel weird when I bite, as though their alignment shifted. I've been mostly swallowing my food whole to avoid chewing, but It's been 2 days and I still feel discomfort. On the bright side, my jaw has never looked more aesthetic than it does now, so there's that.

I guess this is just a PSA. Never ignore jaw pain that isn't normal muscle soreness. Chewing works, but don't overdo it.

• +1
Reactions: Madhate, BeestungLipsTheory and Deleted member 3583
2bag

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: YabadiDabado, Deleted member 685, Effortless and 6 others
I lost a piece of tooth chewing Falim. It's going to cost me like 500 bucks to fix it.

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: fikki, MissLexotan6MG, Be_ConfidentBro and 8 others
I was chewing some regular gum (I don't have falim) for about 1 hour, and I started to feel some mild discomfort in my jaw. I was going to continue for just a few more minutes, but then I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my right jaw joint. So I stopped, but now my jaw and the area around my ear ache. And my teeth feel weird when I bite, as though their alignment shifted. I've been mostly swallowing my food whole to avoid chewing, but It's been 2 days and I still feel discomfort. On the bright side, my jaw has never looked more aesthetic than it does now, so there's that.

I guess this is just a PSA. Never ignore jaw pain that isn't normal muscle soreness. Chewing works, but don't overdo it.
I had your exact same issue and solved by literally pushing my jaw back full strength, worked

Never had any problem with chewing, and I chew (using canines an dpremolars) Hard gum 1 hour a day.

• Love it
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
I chew lots of falim all day and no jaw soreness

2 things to consider

1. Do your teeth meet with every single bite?
  2. Do you make circular rotations with your jaw or just straight up and down?

2 things to consider

What should one do if it is number 2?

2 things to consider

i'm really curious about the negative effects tell me nigga

What should one do if it is number 2?
TMD is more likely to happen. Simply bite straight up and down instead. That's how I have avoided joint soreness in all of the 5 months I have ben doing this already.

i'm really curious about the negative effects tell me nigga
Your teeth will misalign if they don't meet while chewing. Over time they will mold around the shape of the gum instead, leaving an ugly open bite.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Effortless, diggbicc, didntreadlol and 1 other person
I lost a piece of tooth chewing Falim. It's going to cost me like 500 bucks to fix it.
You and me both buddy.

TMD is more likely to happen. Simply bite straight up and down instead. That's how I have avoided joint soreness in all of the 5 months I have ben doing this already.

Your teeth will misalign if they don't meet while chewing. Over time they will mold around the shape of the gum instead, leaving an ugly open bite.
how do you chew without getting your teeth to meet in the first place ? and have you seen any progress on masseter muscles ?

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
Y’all niggas wildin

TMJ from chewing? Jfl

"JFL at not chewing failim for jaw gains"
- Astrosky, 2019

the way = me

2 things to consider

do you mean stop folding the gum when you chew?

How do people get tmj from chewing jfl, i chewed mastic for 7 hours without feeling a thing (for 3months).

How do people get tmj from chewing jfl, i chewed mastic for 7 hours without feeling a thing (for 3months).

Most people who have shit jaw lines usually already have bad alignment/bites with out even knowing, chewing a lot just made it worse.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
Same except for me it lasts 2 minutes max

Most people who have shit jaw lines usually already have bad alignment/bites with out even knowing, chewing a lot just made it worse.
Yeah my jaw isn't symmetrical unfortunately. Even though my teeth align well

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
wha
what were your results after chewing mastic for 3 months?

wha

what were your results after chewing mastic for 3 months?
Taller ramus(mostly gonion grew), slightly wider chin and a lot of bloat.
I verified by asking my mom (ded srs jfl) and a friend irl jfl @ this.

How much longer till u got that Pitt jaw

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincell
will the bloat goes away and the gain too then ?

What about sharper gonion ? It's all i need.

how old were you?

• +1
Reactions: Bechadish
It's worth it

no bloat was mostly in the cheeks not the kind of chipmunk look, but i'm also high bf so i have to work on that.
Gonion is def sharper now.

if it goes away alone while keep doing chewing, it's very good but i'm afraid the bloated look will last as long as you chew. May be i'm wrong.
Thanks tho.