I have 10k what should i do with it?

Srs advice:

If you are looking for passive income but have no good ideas of your own yet, I would put it on a world ETF (ticker VWRL) on 2x leverage with margin money. You would be looking at yearly returns of ~15% on average.

I do the same atm but with my student loans and 3x leverage because I like taking risks. See: https://looksmax.org/threads/taking...ing-it-on-margin-into-the-stock-market.59845/

I made 40k this year, because it was an insane year for the stock market. But I will basically go bankrupt if there's ever a 2008 again because I am over-leveraged. But If I ever want to live the dream NEET life, I need to take big risks now tbh:

Now is not the time to go long in the markets. 2009-2010 was the best time for that. The markets have to oscillate. If you're playing the long game then you gotta buy up cheap assets post-crash.

Now is not the time to go long in the markets. 2009-2010 was the best time for that. The markets have to oscillate. If you're playing the long game then you gotta buy up cheap assets post-crash.
Not true. Every single study shows that time in the market will beat timing the market on average. You will have to time when the crash happens (people been calling the crash for years now), but also gamble on when it has bottomed and you should get in. In the mean-time every day you are not invested, you are losing out on returns on your money.

Lots of people were doing as you said, got in on the crash, then invested in equities untill 2013-2014 and cashed out. They have lost out on a ~100% gain on their money if they have been on the sidelines with cash-equivalent investments since 2013-2020.

Also a question for you people like you, did you invest in late 2018 when the global markets dipped almost 20%? Or for what kind of crash/correction are those people then really waiting for if a 20% dip isn't enough. World war 3?

Stock market gained ~20% in 2019. So on 2x leverage that's would be 40%. (I made 60% on my triple leverage, but also lost half my portofolio in late 2018 dip because of my leverage so my gains are modest.)

Personally I am gambling on 1 more good stock market year and then reducing my leverage from 3x to 2x so I can survive a large market correction somewhat.

Last edited:
Not true. Every single study shows that time in the market will beat timing the market on average. You will have to time when the crash happens (people been calling the crash for years now), but also gamble on when it has bottomed and you should get in. In the mean-time every day you are not invested, you are losing out on returns on your money.

Lots of people were doing as you said, got in on the crash, then invested in equities untill 2013-2014 and cashed out. They have lost out on a ~100% gain on their money if they have been on the sidelines with cash-equivalent investments since 2013-2020.

Also a question for you people like you, did you invest in late 2018 when the global markets dipped almost 20%? Or for what kind of crash/correction are those people then really waiting for if a 20% dip isn't enough, world war 3?
No I didn't invest at all, and I probably misinterpreted you a bit. Time in the market absolutely beats "Timing the market". I personally would never go long in anything when it's evident that a large % of people who are already invested are in profit. Time in the market is so important when you invest at an opportune moment, and I'm a big advocate of trend-trading. But investing such a small amount as $10K at an ATH https://gyazo.com/69dde0909a3be3b63abfc4c033389812 is not worth the risk.

But I get what you mean. How I am I supposed to say "You should've invested post dotcom, post-2008." Hindsight is 20/20 but straightforwardness concerning risk management is glaring in all our faces. Now just is not the time. Unless I'm wrong and we see parabolic growth and don't see a crash for another decade. I just never like the feeling of buying into index funds at the highest price ever, when practically everyone else invested in them can make profit while you let them cash out.

Low iq you're not gonna flip a car you got for 1k for 5 without putting lots of money and time into it and at the end of it you would barely break even

Not 1k -> 5k

1k -> 2k -> 5k

Give it all to an e-thot and whatever money you have left give it to your wife's boyfriend so he can take her to dinner while you have the house to yourself to build the Lego Star Wars set you've been dying to make!

• JFL
Reactions: RobticaI and noped

Also a question for you people like you, did you invest in late 2018 when the global markets dipped almost 20%? Or for what kind of crash/correction are those people then really waiting for if a 20% dip isn't enough. World war 3?

Stock market gained ~20% in 2019. So on 2x leverage that's would be 40%. (I made 60% on my triple leverage, but also lost half my portofolio in late 2018 dip because of my leverage so my gains are modest.)

Personally I am gambling on 1 more good stock market year and then reducing my leverage from 3x to 2x so I can survive a large market correction somewhat.

RIP. Recession is INC. Climate Change is not priced into anything in the market ATM.