"I Have A Slow Metabolism" Is Fat People Cope

WrathOfOlives

WrathOfOlives

Iron
All of this "I have a slow metabolism" or "I have a thyroid problem" is a load of shit. Case in point, why do you never see one of these guys that "can't lose weight" in pictures of people forced into not eating much?

A concentration camp:

189622453gallery

Can you spot the guy with a slow metabolism? He's probably hiding in the back right?

Let's look at some Aussie POWs that were recently freed:

Australian soldiers release japanese captivity 1945

Hm, they are all painfully thin... What about prisoners in a soviet gulag?

Russian gulag fd

Oh... okay... North Koreans?

Omgoz

You can't find pictures of some chubby guy in these circumstances smiling to the camera like "ye, I'm good". Because the "slow metabolism" thing is a load of shit. Studies have found the difference between a slow and fast metabolism is like an extra 150-200 calories burned at most, it is negligible.

You aren't lean because you eat too much and/or you underestimate how much you actually eat.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: valhalar, babouchelelouche, Deleted member 22639 and 10 others
its all calories in vs out man i hear you end to the metabolism thyroid big bone thick skin cope LMFAO

The amount of overweight and obese people with the mental capacity to lose weight is less than 1%. Being fat is usually associated with super high ghrelin(huge appetite), super high leptin(it takes way more food to satiate them) due to a huge amount of fat cells. Being fat is also associated with a low IQ and mental willpower meaning they can't make the right choices to lose weight.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Moggie, Lmao and 3 others
CICO is the only thing that matters. I was 30% body fat simply because I underestimated my calorie intake every single day.

There are no 'hard gainers' who can't gain mass, or 'genetically fat' people who can't lose weight.

There are just people who are bad at math and knowing the caloric content of everything they stuff down their throat.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Slob and Kmscurry
damn those north koreans are unironically ideal bodyfat %

Another cope by fat people is I have thick skin

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gandy and TYRONELITEMOGGER
I hate fatties

Losing weight is hard ngl
But should be achievable in a 1-2 year time lapse for most obese individuals

Also shit like under active thyroid can be improved by ashwa + iodine and resistance training or cardio

But fat people have different amounts of leptin and ghrelin
The amount of overweight and obese people with the mental capacity to lose weight is less than 1%. Being fat is usually associated with super high ghrelin(huge appetite), super high leptin(it takes way more food to satiate them) due to a huge amount of fat cells. Being fat is also associated with a low IQ and mental willpower meaning they can't make the right choices to lose weight.

• +1
Reactions: VeryFuglyNiyguhs and Lawton88
my elder brother is ecto morph ,naturaly a 6ft tall skinny framecel,always stays lean with visible abs,no matter what
while endomorph(shifting towards ectomorph) like me ,stays skinny fat,even if i dont eat anything, for two to three days
,not all fat people are coping,some are just born fat
even though i am a inch and half shorter then my elder bro,i am still larger framed,broad shouldered with more bones and more muscle then him,his shirts doesnt fit me and I weight heavier then the average person of my height 181.5cm
,its the bodytype
i am not fat,i am just big boned-Big Smoke

Last edited:
Having a good metabolism allows someone to eat more than they normally could and not gain weight. Quite a few teenagers can eat all they want despite how much energy they use and not gain weight until their metabolism slows down later and even a very few older people. One of the bigger myths is calories determines it all when the same amount of calories mostly in the form of sugar and garbage processed carbs is way more likely to trigger weight gain due to insulin spikes etc.

I have thick bones :soy:

Losing weight is hard ngl
But should be achievable in a 1-2 year time lapse for most obese individuals

Also shit like under active thyroid can be improved by ashwa + iodine and resistance training or cardio

But fat people have different amounts of leptin and ghrelin

Low selenium is also a culprit in the modern day hypothyroid epedimic though doctors rarely tell their patients that.

• +1
Reactions: π€π¬π¬π²π«π’πšπ§ π–πšπ«π«π’π¨π«
Low selenium is also a culprit in the modern day hypothyroid epedimic though doctors rarely tell their patients that.
What should be the optimal daily intake of selenium?
How much do you get daily?

What should be the optimal daily intake of selenium?
How much do you get daily?

You don't need to take a supplement daily but maybe take a pill 2-3 times a week to keep levels in a good range. 200 MCG is enough to take those days. I take a couple of kelp pills daily also for iodine since I don't eat a lot of seafood.

• +1
Reactions: π€π¬π¬π²π«π’πšπ§ π–πšπ«π«π’π¨π«
You don't need to take a supplement daily but maybe take a pill 2-3 times a week to keep levels in a good range. 200 MCG is enough to take those days. I take a couple of kelp pills daily also for iodine since I don't eat a lot of seafood.
I also take a kelp supp to boost my thyroid function
Since it’s naturally under active but in the lower normal range

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88