I Have Access to Surgery Planning Software with Soft tissue Simulation Capabilities

D

Deleted member 20670

Iron
I have a copy of Proplan CM, which can simulate soft tissue changes after performing osteotomies. I'm participating in a research study in a month where they'll take an MRI scan of my skull, and I'll use the information from that to simulate a vertical maxillary advancement, BSSO, and maybe a modified Lefort III too. But until then I'll be practicing. I've already practiced a few procedures with the four demo profiles that came included with the software, but I can only perform soft tissue simulations on two of the profiles, and they don't work as well because both of the patients had their mouths open when the scans were taken (they both had vertical maxillary excess). I want to practice with profiles where I can work with the entire skull, and where the subject's mouth is closed. If anyone is willing to let me experiment with their imaging data, I'll try to perform whatever procedures you want, and I'll send you back the soft tissue simulation.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: fruitgunpop, Going2KillMyself, Lorsss and 1 other person
afaik nothing can reliably predict soft tissue changes

So all you need is a profile shot?

I have a copy of Proplan CM, which can simulate soft tissue changes after performing osteotomies. I'm participating in a research study in a month where they'll take an MRI scan of my skull, and I'll use the information from that to simulate a vertical maxillary advancement, BSSO, and maybe a modified Lefort III too. But until then I'll be practicing. I've already practiced a few procedures with the four demo profiles that came included with the software, but I can only perform soft tissue simulations on two of the profiles, and they don't work as well because both of the patients had their mouths open when the scans were taken (they both had vertical maxillary excess). I want to practice with profiles where I can work with the entire skull, and where the subject's mouth is closed. If anyone is willing to let me experiment with their imaging data, I'll try to perform whatever procedures you want, and I'll send you back the soft tissue simulation.
can surgery be planned with mri only?

what is it that you require?

I have CBCT scan and other shit I forgot the name. Will find later.
Would that suffice

I’m not sure about CBCT. The software requires results which have multiple slices (optimally above 100 slices). If you can perform segmentation on the results (convert the data to a 3D model) then it’ll work with the software.

• +1
Reactions: fruitgunpop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back