I have no idea why surgeons show that jaw surgery verically shorter nasal bone

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker

While nose height stay the same

Even if soft tissues of nose could be made shorter I wouldn't want such results since upper maxilla is not projected forward. And you would Just achieve shorter and still flat nose.
But if they actually shorter nasal bone wouldn't nose looks saggy due to not enough support?

• Woah
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
does this shorten the midface for real?

does this shorten the midface for real?
The problem is in theory Yes but in practice it wouldn't look so good
Typical maxilla impaction is that you cut part of a bone from alveoral ringe then attach to rest, maxilla is vertically shorter Yes but i have no advantage for look.
This cut is done in half of nasal bone so in theory nasal bone etc is vertically shorter but idk if you Can make soft tissues on nose shorter, on face of course its impossible but on nose.. Maybe its s small area.
I must Ask some good maxillofacial about it.
I thought you already saw this Type of cut

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
The problem is in theory Yes but in practice it wouldn't look so good
Typical maxilla impaction is that you cut part of a bone from alveoral ringe then attach to rest, maxilla is vertically shorter Yes but i have no advantage for look.
This cut is done in half of nasal bone so in theory nasal bone etc is vertically shorter but idk if you Can make soft tissues on nose shorter, on face of course its impossible but on nose.. Maybe its s small area.
I must Ask some good maxillofacial about it.
I thought you already saw this Type of cut
well didn't know maxillary impaction went that further up.

I don't know what to think about it
Surgeon himself Has subhuman nose height and even more subhuman IPD but those cuts are quite interesting.