I have some questions about bimax surgery.

F

F_Wilks

Iron
I've been reading a ton about this bimax surgery, and I couldn't find answers to some of my questions, so I figured I would just post them all here.

I have mild recession of my maxilla, resulting in undereye circles that make me look tired, and weak cheekbones that are only visible under good lighting. I'll need to get infra-orbital-malar implants for the midface.

I have mild recession of my mandible, so when I take a photo of my side profile, my chin looks slightly recessed, and I has a slight double chin, but when I'm jutting my double chin disappears and my side profile has a massive improvement.

I have "overcrowding" of the teeth of both my upper and lower jaws, as a result of my recession jaws.

I was originally considering MSE, until learning how MSE actually ruins your face and turns you into a chimp.

1). Is jaw surgery generally a more aesthetic result than jaw implants?

2). If I get both braces and jaw surgery, do I need to get the braces first, or can braces be done afterwards?

3). If you're a US citizen, is it better to get bimax surgery in the USA, versus flying overseas? There's a place in Spain that looks really interesting.

4). Is there anybody here who has had it themselves? How do you feel about the result?

Thank you.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe, counterintuitive, zabivnoooy and 1 other person
I've been reading a ton about this bimax surgery, and I couldn't find answers to some of my questions, so I figured I would just post them all here.

I have mild recession of my maxilla, resulting in undereye circles that make me look tired, and weak cheekbones that are only visible under good lighting. I'll need to get infra-orbital-malar implants for the midface.

I have mild recession of my mandible, so when I take a photo of my side profile, my chin looks slightly recessed, and I has a slight double chin, but when I'm jutting my double chin disappears and my side profile has a massive improvement.

I have "overcrowding" of the teeth of both my upper and lower jaws, as a result of my recession jaws.

I was originally considering MSE, until learning how MSE actually ruins your face and turns you into a chimp.

2). If I get both braces and jaw surgery, do I need to get the braces first, or can braces be done afterwards?

3). If you're a US citizen, is it better to get bimax surgery in the USA, versus flying overseas? There's a place in Spain that looks really interesting.

4). Is there anybody here who has had it themselves? How do you feel about the result?

Thank you.
2) braces first
4) me- i am happy with the results

Go overseas usa is expensive as shit. I would go to the best bimax surgeons thiugh

@BlackpillRemedy

Other than anticel, I haven't heard anyone say good things about Safi.
anticel could have been the first bimax he ever did for all we know. yet, you have people claiming he's one of the best in the world. that's the level we're at on this forum. just realize that when you're reading people's opinions.

like, sure this surgeon has a medical degree, has been a professor for a decade, been a guest surgeon at world renown clinics, spoken at prestigious maxillofacial conferences, but he's a no name surgeon on looksmaxx! bonesmasher69 said Safi was blackpilled, so I'm gonna go with him instead

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SubhumanForever, perpetuallytired, courtcase75 and 2 others
anticel could have been the first bimax he ever did for all we know. yet, you have people claiming he's one of the best in the world. that's the level we're at on this forum. just realize that when you're reading people's opinions.

like, sure this surgeon has a medical degree, has been a professor for a decade, been a guest surgeon at world renown clinics, spoken at prestigious maxillofacial conferences, but he's a no name surgeon on looksmaxx! bonesmasher69 said Safi was blackpilled, so I'm gonna go with him instead
I'm aware - I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was agreeing with you by saying that I have only heard negative things and heard of botches.

I'm aware - I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was agreeing with you by saying that I have only heard negative things and heard of botches.
I know. I was continuing to build on the theme.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear

Jaw surgery encompasses jaw implants, as they are all surgeries done on the jaw.

There's no "more aesthetic" result, it's dependent on what you need.

If you are sagitally recessed(side profile) then you need either a lefort, a bsso or both(bimax)

To clarify bimax means lefort (upper jaw surgery) + bsso (lower jaw surgery).

Trimax means bimax + genio (chin surgery).

You may likely need trimax.

If you are not sagitally recessed, and are lacking jaw width from the front, then look at jaw implants.

Don't get jaw implants until you are not recessed sagitally, because a recessed jaw can give the illusion of a narrow jaw.

You can get braces without jaw surgery.

You almost always need braces before getting jaw surgery, and you need braces after surgery.

HOWEVER, if you get braces without the intention of getting jaw surgery and later decide you want jaw surgery, you have to get braces again before surgery(undoing the work of previous braces), and braces after surgery.

If you can get your insurance approved sure. There's tons of talented US surgeons. The issue is the cost,; you are talking 50-60k and that's on the lower end.

The place in Spain is likely Alfaro and I suggest you avoid him. He over advances people and makes them look like dogs. Go with an Italian surgeon called Valerio Ramieri.

I'm in braces right now preparing.

I mean going for a cosmetic minded surgeon is important.

Ppl's reviews are important too. I imagine the threads on here might have advised ppl on the dangers of Coceancig.

But yeah we like certain surgeons way too much on this forum.

You almost always need braces before getting jaw surgery, and you need braces after surgery.

HOWEVER, if you get braces without the intention of getting jaw surgery and later decide you want jaw surgery, you have to get braces again before surgery(undoing the work of previous braces), and braces after surgery.
Who do I talk to first? Do I go the orthodontist and be like "I intend to get double jaw surgery after the braces are removed, please incorporate that into your plan for my teeth"? Or do I need to begin consulting with the jaw surgeon early in the process?

Jaw surgery encompasses jaw implants, as they are all surgeries done on the jaw.

There's no "more aesthetic" result, it's dependent on what you need.

If you are sagitally recessed(side profile) then you need either a lefort, a bsso or both(bimax)

To clarify bimax means lefort (upper jaw surgery) + bsso (lower jaw surgery).

Trimax means bimax + genio (chin surgery).

You may likely need trimax.

If you are not sagitally recessed, and are lacking jaw width from the front, then look at jaw implants.

Don't get jaw implants until you are not recessed sagitally, because a recessed jaw can give the illusion of a narrow jaw.

If you can get your insurance approved sure. There's tons of talented US surgeons. The issue is the cost,; you are talking 50-60k and that's on the lower end.

The place in Spain is likely Alfaro and I suggest you avoid him. He over advances people and makes them look like dogs. Go with an Italian surgeon called Valerio Ramieri.

I'm in braces right now preparing.
how do i find out if i am sagitally recessed

I mean going for a cosmetic minded surgeon is important.

Ppl's reviews are important too. I imagine the threads on here might have advised ppl on the dangers of Coceancig.
Is this the difference between a "bluepilled surgeon" and a "blackpilled surgeon"? Health focused surgeon, versus cosmetic focused surgeon?

Is this the difference between a "bluepilled surgeon" and a "blackpilled surgeon"? Health focused surgeon, versus cosmetic focused surgeon?
To an extent yes. But it's more complicated. For example some are willing to do more extreme things for cosmetic only reasons while some aren't. Some will be 50% cosmetic, 50% health. I.E You might ideally need a 15 mm advancement for cosmetic reasons but because the surgeon is concerned about nerve damage, they may only give you 9mm. A truly 'black pilled' surgeon according to this forum would give you the 15 mm at the risk of permanent nerve damage.

Basically a truly 'black pilled' surgeon according to this forum would be one willing to do everything no matter the risk as long as there is a cosmetic benefit.

Unfortunately a lot of the 'blackpilled' surgeons here are not very good at understanding ideal cosmetic ratios.

Who do I talk to first? Do I go the orthodontist and be like "I intend to get double jaw surgery after the braces are removed, please incorporate that into your plan for my teeth"? Or do I need to begin consulting with the jaw surgeon early in the process?

In my area, you need to talk to an orthodontist to get a referral to see a surgeon.

how do i find out if i am sagitally recessed

Get a cephalo done for a definitive analysis; bite down and take a picture of your side for a rough analysis.

In my area, you need to talk to an orthodontist to get a referral to see a surgeon.
Is it difficult to get an orthodontist to give you a referral to see a surgeon? I have an appointment with an orthodontist in a week. What did you say to get a referral? Does it cause issues if you're up front about wanting to do it for cosmetic reasons?

1. depends on your needs, if you need bimax get bimax, if you need implants get implants
2. depends on particularities of your case and what the surgeon decides
3. whoever you like doesn't matter where
4. yes, i feel good about the bimax, ok about the genioplasty