I just came from the doctor who will perform bimax on me

fernandobrocolli

fernandobrocolli

Bronze
It was my first appointment with him
I gave him a PDF explaining exactly what I don't like about my face and what I want to achieve with the surgery.
So, basically I was diagnosed with "Selective eating disorder", so I didn't eat any solid food until my late teens. I knew that it influenced my bone development and it is one of the reasons why I need a bimax today. So, I've done a research to find out how my mouth developed from childhood to adulthood.
I spoke to my phonoadiologist who treated me when I was a kid about what the characteristics of my mouth were at that age and also to the orthodontist who put braces on me when I was a teen. I collected a lot of information that I thought would be helpful for the surgery and for him to understand my case.

There was a section of the PDF that I explained that I want a more forward facial growth look, and he was like wtf, how did you know what forward facial growth is haha. Basically I asked for a face with better sexual dimorphism, a more masculine and squared face shape. I also asked for more projected cheekbones and if it would be necessary to have Le fort II or III to achieve the look that I want. He said it is possible for me to get a Le Fort III surgery, but he said this surgery would must likely not be necessary since it is generally performed on people with congenital disabilities or syndromes.

I've done all the exams for planning the surgery already, and I will need to use braces for just 3 months before surgery. I'm feeling very confident about having bimax with him, he is the best doctor for this kind of surgery where I live, and he is also a univeristy professor.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: coolguy1, lepo2317, Deleted member 6400 and 20 others
gl

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: HeavenAdmιn and fernandobrocolli
Its always the greycels that actually end up doing something lol.
Congrats, post pics after the op.

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, Agendum, Darkstrand and 9 others
I will post, lol
But it will take some time for the final result

• +1
Reactions: aspieSavage and brainded
Good for asking questions and stating bluntly what your goals are. I have even spoken to surgeons about the advent of the soft western diet and it's universally agreed upon to be the main contributor to the mass recession we see today. Good luck on your ascension my friend.

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand, ToursOverBoyo2020 and fernandobrocolli
Good for asking questions and stating bluntly what your goals are. I have even spoken to surgeons about the advent of the soft western diet and it's universally agreed upon to be the main contributor to the mass recession we see today. Good luck on your ascension my friend.
are you actually in med school?

are you actually in med school?

No sir. The Med in my name is for Mediterranean (I am Italian with a bit of Argentinian). I was however in med at one point, so this kind of stuff interests me greatly.

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and Deleted member 7098
good luck with your surgery, bro

if everything goes well leak the pdf you made so clueless fresh noobs know what to ask and how to explain it properly when consulting a surgeon

also what will your surgery cost you?

No sir. The Med in my name is for Mediterranean (I am Italian with a bit of Argentinian). I was however in med at one point, so this kind of stuff interests me greatly.
get it. mediteranian, the best pheno, lucky you

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and fernandobrocolli
Mirin OP, for real. Do you recommend I prepare such a PDF document as well prior to my bimax surgery? How long did it take him to read the whole thing? Did he read it right in front of you during the consultation?

You will be worshiped on this site if you get lefort 3. Gl king

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LostYouth, itorroella9, Darkstrand and 3 others
lol, also a Mediterranean. Thanks

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MedMaxxing
good luck with your surgery, bro

if everything goes well leak the pdf you made so clueless fresh noobs know what to ask and how to explain it properly when consulting a surgeon

also what will your surgery cost you?

get it. mediteranian, the best pheno, lucky you

Thank you bro, I will share the pdf, sure.
My health ensurance (healthcare plan) will cover the costs for me.

Mirin OP, for real. Do you recommend I prepare such a PDF document as well prior to my bimax surgery? How long did it take him to read the whole thing? Did he read it right in front of you during the consultation?
It was a 2 pages PDF that I explained very objectly what I want to achieve and also what I don't like. There was also a list of questions about the surgery that I had, like how likely it is to relapse. He read in front of me the whole document and answered each question, it was the right thing to do in my opinion.
Good luck on your bimax!

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand, BigBoy, Deleted member 7776 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Agendum, Darkstrand and fernandobrocolli

you either get surgery early or stay long enough to see yourself become a shitposter..

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, MD_Hopeful69 and fernandobrocolli
There was a section of the PDF that I explained that I want a more forward facial growth look, and he was like wtf, how did you know what forward facial growth is haha.

giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: fernandobrocolli
Of course dude. I did surgery when I was a greycel too. And that makes a lot of sense because 99% of users here are just lazy and larpers who spend the whole day talking and doing bs.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum, Darkstrand, hoodcurry and 2 others
It was my first appointment with him
I gave him a PDF explaining exactly what I don't like about my face and what I want to achieve with the surgery.
So, basically I was diagnosed with "Selective eating disorder", so I didn't eat any solid food until my late teens. I knew that it influenced my bone development and it is one of the reasons why I need a bimax today. So, I've done a research to find out how my mouth developed from childhood to adulthood.
I spoke to my phonoadiologist who treated me when I was a kid about what the characteristics of my mouth were at that age and also to the orthodontist who put braces on me when I was a teen. I collected a lot of information that I thought would be helpful for the surgery and for him to understand my case.

There was a section of the PDF that I explained that I want a more forward facial growth look, and he was like wtf, how did you know what forward facial growth is haha. Basically I asked for a face with better sexual dimorphism, a more masculine and squared face shape. I also asked for more projected cheekbones and if it would be necessary to have Le fort II or III to achieve the look that I want. He said it is possible for me to get a Le Fort III surgery, but he said this surgery would must likely not be necessary since it is generally performed on people with congenital disabilities or syndromes.

I've done all the exams for planning the surgery already, and I will need to use braces for just 3 months before surgery. I'm feeling very confident about having bimax with him, he is the best doctor for this kind of surgery where I live, and he is also a univeristy professor.

Good luck bro, if you have a cepholemetric scan i would like too see just interested in your profile.

• +1
Hey OP, can you send me the outline of your PDF? I might want to do the same for myself and yours sounds like a genius idea to cut down time wasted during consultations.

• +1
Op after bimax

giphy.gif

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, Darkstrand, CristianT and 3 others
OP do you live in the USA? Curious about where this surgeon is located and how you are receiving insurance coverage.

OP do you live in the USA? Curious about where this surgeon is located and how you are receiving insurance coverage.
no, I live in Brazil.. here orthognatic surgery is covered by healthcare plans

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LostYouth, Darkstrand and highT
Good luck bro, if you have a cepholemetric scan i would like too see just interested in your profile.
Thanks, bro! That's my cepholemetric scan. Nose and chin will improve a lot with the surgery too.
Brocolli

Hey OP, can you send me the outline of your PDF? I might want to do the same for myself and yours sounds like a genius idea to cut down time wasted during consultations.
I will actually translate my PDF and send you, cause it's not in English. It really saves a lot of time on consultations haha

• +1
Reactions: Ceamce
Nice OP! Best of luck. Send the PDF to me to if you want, I'm really interested

• +1
Thanks, bro! That's my cepholemetric scan. Nose and chin will improve a lot with the surgery too.
View attachment 847230

Yup you look like a canidate for a trimax + rhinoplasty. Massive dorsal hump

Is your surgeon well renowned? If you are in Europe I know surgeons that can do a trimax and rhino at the same. Recovery will be brutal btw.

Last edited:
  • +1
I will actually translate my PDF and send you, cause it's not in English. It really saves a lot of time on consultations haha

Could help sending in Italian too lol. I most likely will be consulting with a bunch there since I like their eye for aesthetics (I believe you said you were Italian as well)

• +1
Yup you look like a canidate for a trimax + rhinoplasty. Massive dorsal hump

Is your surgeon well renowned? If you are in Europe I know surgeons that can do a trimax and rhino at the same. Recovery will be brutal btw.
My surgeon is well renowned, as I mentioned he teaches orthognathic surgery in a big uni here
Yes, I'm getting a bimax with a genioplasty. But I don't think I could handle a rhinoplasty at the same time haha
Doctor told me it's better to wait 6 months at least to see the final result of the orthognathic before having a rhino.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262
My surgeon is well renowned, as I mentioned he teaches orthognathic surgery in a big uni here
Yes, I'm getting a bimax with a genioplasty. But I don't think I could handle a rhinoplasty at the same time haha
Doctor told me it's better to wait 6 months at least to see the final result of the orthognathic before having a rhino.

Good surgeon tbh. Your nose will straighten out a lot after surgery (up turn of the maxilla will straighten the bone) so you can make a decision after that.

• +1
Could help sending in Italian too lol. I most likely will be consulting with a bunch there since I like their eye for aesthetics (I believe you said you were Italian as well)
Nice OP! Best of luck. Send the PDF to me to if you want, I'm really interested
The PDF contains very personal information about me that I don't think would apply to you guys. But I'm sending the file as private message :)

The PDF contains very personal information about me that I don't think would apply to you guys. But I'm sending the file as private message :)
Send it to me too please, I have my bimax consultation in 1 year

• +1

Thank you man. And yeah, I just wanted the template.

• +1
Will you also get a genio with it?
Looks like it would work really well on your chin
Yeah, I'm also going to have genio. My chin crease will look better

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Can you send me the pdf?
Eu sou da Argentina e vou ver alguns cirurgiões este mês. poderia me ajudar a gerar mais empatia com eles

• +1