I want bimax but I want to train boxing in the future. Will my jaw get destroyed? [Alternative solutions]

D

Deleted member 17829

Kraken
Ur jaw gets broken and bolted together with whatever the fuck they do.

Is this safe to get punched in afterwards?

Honestly dont know whether id rather be recessed boxer or strong jaw without the ability to defend myself

An alternate solution
would be for me to get used to harddd mewing to maybe get a few mm. High chance thats cope though.

Or I could get an implant to fraud bimax which I've seen here a few times with decent results.

What do u retards think?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869, UglyGod360 and thecel
I noticed that boxers have weird noses, this could be due to long term damage they have taken

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101 and thecel
Bone mass grows to close the gaps left by osteotomy advancement.
Furthermore you will keep the osteotomy screws therefore your face will be harder than before

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5180, Deleted member 8869, Deleted member 15302 and 7 others
Or I could get an implant to fraud bimax which I've seen here a few times with decent results.
Haha man both would result in your jaw getting obliterated. More so with implants tho. Bone will grow around both, but I think bimax is more stable.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, thecel and Jason Voorhees
I noticed that boxers have weird noses, this could be due to long term damage they have taken

or maybe most of boxers experienced a nose fracture once in their life, their nose was repaired badly in hospital and they did not undergo plastic surgery to fix the appearance of the nose

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
Furthermore you will keep the osteotomy screws therefore your face will be harder than before
The plates are fragile tho and aren't typically removed

I remember Dr coecingen saying in one of his YouTube videos that even after the screws are removed bone cannot grow enough to robustly bridge across the entire distraction given that the distractions are so large. The only way to ensure good growth is through distraction.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lorsss, Deleted member 5892, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
The plates are fragile tho and aren't typically removed

Iirc i remember Dr coecingen saying in one of his YouTube videos that even after the screws are removed bone cannot grow enough to robustly bridge across the entire distraction given that the distractions are so large. The only way to ensure good growth is through distraction.
tbh why couldn't you just line it all with titanium, like in a wraparound implant? Would be stronger than bone.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Just be a bitch boy and do BJJ :bigbrain:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Deleted member 4614
tbh why couldn't you just line it all with titanium, like in a wraparound implant? Would be stronger than bone.
The titanium jaw theory.

Only on looksmax.org

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Kizzoko, KDA Player and noprogressno

Honestly dont know whether id rather be recessed boxer or strong jaw without the ability to defend myself

An alternate solution
would be for me to get used to harddd mewing to maybe get a few mm. High chance thats cope though.

What do u retards think?
Bimax takes a very long time until it’s fully recovered but after that you can go boxing no issue

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 17829
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet, UglyGod360 and Deprived
The titanium jaw theory.

Only on looksmax.org
Neurosurgeons have replaced large parts of the cranium with titanium plates, even where the semispinalis and other muscles connect. You wouldn't you be able to connect the distanced parts of the jaw with a titanium plate?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, Indeed and Deleted member 17829
give up on the boxing dream
chad is more respected than a recessed jaw fighter

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and Cidre enjoyer
I've read surgeons saying that the force necessary to dislodge an implant is so large, that it would otherwise break your skull therefore making dislodged implant the least of your worries
also I've read that after an osteotomy the bone should grow back, to previous state

But I don't trust them on this at all, because they know no-one is going to reliably test it, no-one can ever prove that they are lying on this
the problem isnt really the material of the implant, but the connection to your bone
it's held up by a few screws

also, thing with boxing etc, isnt that it would fall off or some shit, but that the fixation would become less tight, that the implant would start moving more and more
makes sense if you're catching hits into your face

keep in mind that even without getting professionally bonesmashed twice every week, the implant micro movements cause bone resorbtion, on average 2mm
less fixation = more movement = more resorbtion

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829 and Danish_Retard
give up on the boxing dream
chad is more respected than a recessed jaw fighter
i think its really essential though.

and thats why i included the 2 alternative solutions

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
I've read surgeons saying that the force necessary to dislodge an implant is so large, that it would otherwise break your skull therefore making dislodged implant the least of your worries
also I've read that after an osteotomy the bone should grow back, to previous state

But I don't trust them on this at all, because they know no-one is going to reliably test it, no-one can ever prove that they are lying on this

the problem isnt really the material of the implant, but the connection to your bone
it's held up by a few screws

also, thing with boxing etc, isnt that it would fall off or some shit, but that the fixation would become less tight, that the implant would start moving more and more
makes sense if you're catching hits into your face

keep in mind that even without getting professionally bonesmashed twice every week, the implant micro movements cause bone resorbtion, on average 2mm
less fixation = more movement = more resorbtion
Thankful to have high IQ knowledgablecels on this forum

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Mongrelcel
Neurosurgeons have replaced large parts of the cranium with titanium plates, even where the semispinalis and other muscles connect. You wouldn't you be able to connect the distanced parts of the jaw with a titanium plate?
titanium is not used at all for implants (intended for aesthetic purposes), because it's very hard - making it very difficult to actually install (as they implant the implants through a small incision on the inside of your mouth). The bigger the incision needs to be, the more risk of infection there is, and since titanium is entirely inflexible, the incision must be very large

then, the titanium would have to fix literally perfectly on your bone, otherwise the fit would not be perfect - it cannot bend itself, not even a little bit like silicone
again, worse fit = more movement and that's not good

and lastly, wraparound implants are usually split into 2 pieces, so your dream of having an entire titanium jaw is null anyway
imo, something that's harder than your bone receiving an impact would be worse than something softer and more malleable like silicone

tbh, if you care about facial aesthetics even in the slightest, just drop boxing
there's no way to not get your nose broken long term, and one bad break can failo you so much

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, noprogressno, Jason Voorhees and 2 others
titanium is not used at all for implants, because it's very hard - making it very difficult to actually install (as they implant the implants through a small incision on the inside of your mouth). The bigger the incision needs to be, the more risk of infection there is, and since titanium is entirely inflexible, the incision must be very large

then, the titanium would have to fix literally perfectly on your bone, otherwise the fit would not be perfect - it cannot bend itself, not even a little bit like silicone

and lastly, wraparound implants are usually split into 2 pieces, so your dream of having an entire titanium jaw is null anyway
imo, something that's harder than your bone receiving an impact would be worse than something softer and more malleable like silicone

tbh, if you care about facial aesthetics even in the slightest, just drop boxing
there's no way to not get your nose broken long term, and one bad break can failo you so much
Ah, makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate it.

It's kinda sad that you'll lose all unarmed fighting potential just for aesthetics tho. :ogre: IIRC the parts of the cranium they replaced with titanium was already removed because it either was destroyed or they needed access to the brain so it's an apple to oranges kinda thing anyway.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
  • JFL
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, noprogressno and Danish_Retard
what about implants?

An alternate solution

What do u retards think?
Either just train boxing pads, drills etc but no sparring so no head shots

Or get bimax and quit boxing
Or don't get bimax and box and spar

What will improve your quality of life?
I'll go with the bimax
I would not spar after bimax, maybe ask your surgeon too see what he says he'll probs say wtf jfl

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Deleted member 17829

An alternate solution

What do u retards think?
I actually asked Sailer the same question he said after the healing process people can beat you up as long as you can hold yourself up

• JFL
I actually asked Sailer the same question he said after the healing process people can beat you up as long as you can hold yourself up
Yeah, he didn't gain anything telling you that broo. :soy:

J always says the truth especially when there is lot of money involved broo. :soy:

• JFL
Bimax takes a very long time until it’s fully recovered
how many months?

I remember Dr coecingen saying in one of his YouTube videos that even after the screws are removed bone cannot grow enough to robustly bridge across the entire distraction given that the distractions are so large. The only way to ensure good growth is through distraction.
can you please send link of the video ? I belive that is true on cases like 20~30mm advancement, right?

there was a Japanese study, applying for on cutted bones like on the bimax, they claim no difference on force absorbing between normal jaw or jaw get the bsso.

The bigger the incision needs to be, the more risk of infection there is, and since titanium is entirely inflexible, the incision must be very large
same disadvantage remain for peek too, but they are doing it. also there is a 1 case eppley don with fully titanium.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
titanium is not used at all for implants (intended for aesthetic purposes), because it's very hard - making it very difficult to actually install (as they implant the implants through a small incision on the inside of your mouth). The bigger the incision needs to be, the more risk of infection there is, and since titanium is entirely inflexible, the incision must be very large

high iq shit. i really hate titanium shiller retards. they are delusional.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and Deleted member 17829