I want to start going to the gym for the first time,any tips?

Deleted member 6400

Deleted member 6400

Kraken
Gyms are now re-opening but i never lifted weights before.

Any tips on diet,how many times to workout per week,ideal workout program,etc.

btw im skinny 5'10 58kg

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Entschuldigung
I'll start again too
I feel like i could gain more if I did things right. Not roids for while covid is maxxing here
watching thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400
do push pull or upper body lower body
10-20 sets per week /body part
count your reps and weight try to do better everytime
thats the basics tbh
you can progress until 250lbs bench prss with this just fine

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gaston and Deleted member 6400
Try to not get mugged

• So Sad

bump

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman trash
Skinnyfat or just skinny? Just make sure you get a lot of protein, and time your carbs around workout. Since you're a newbie you'll get newbie gains so you don't have to count calories or anything (would be helpful obviously but not necessary), just make sure you'll get lot of protein each meal.

Just google "coolcicada ppl" and you'll get a fantastic program. Just make sure to check all the exercises on youtube or smth so you'll master techniques from the beginning, and start with weights so light, that you can do those required reps with solid technique. Progress is the key, so next time you perform these exercises, add some weight or do more reps. So that's why it's also important to start with very light weights and then gradually go to heavier weights.

Most of the people recommend some starting strenght or golden six program, but it's bs and way too boring.

If you're lean and low bf, do a lean bulk. If skinnyfat then cut until you have visible abs and then clean bulk. Because if you have high or moderate bf%, bulking is going to make you more muscular yes but also more fat (even when leanbulking), and this new fat will attach to your already fat parts (stomach, handles) and then it's a nightmare to cut those+ you also will lose muscles you gained by that bulk.

Good luck and stay consistent.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580 and Deleted member 6400
Skinnyfat or just skinny? Just make sure you get a lot of protein, and time your carbs around workout. Since you're a newbie you'll get newbie gains so you don't have to count calories or anything (would be helpful obviously but not necessary), just make sure you'll get lot of protein each meal.

Just google "coolcicada ppl" and you'll get a fantastic program. Just make sure to check all the exercises on youtube or smth so you'll master techniques from the beginning, and start with weights so light, that you can do those required reps with solid technique. Progress is the key, so next time you perform these exercises, add some weight or do more reps. So that's why it's also important to start with very light weights and then gradually go to heavier weights.

Most of the people recommend some starting strenght or golden six program, but it's bs and way too boring.

If you're lean and low bf, do a lean bulk. If skinnyfat then cut until you have visible abs and then clean bulk. Because if you have high or moderate bf%, bulking is going to make you more muscular yes but also more fat (even when leanbulking), and this new fat will attach to your already fat parts (stomach, handles) and then it's a nightmare to cut those+ you also will lose muscles you gained by that bulk.

Good luck and stay consistent.
Amazing,thanks bro im quite skinny so im guessing lean bulk is the way

Just don't forget progressive overload.

• +1
Amazing,thanks bro im quite skinny so im guessing lean bulk is the way
Happy to help bro, lean bulk is definetly the way because then you'll be able to maintain facial aesthetics while slowly getting lean bodymass. Usually people just go for hardcore bulk and then ends up looking bloated as fuck.

• +1
tbh
@Chintuck22 @Deliciadecu @6ft1 @Kingkellz

For a couple of months workout in your house with your own bodyweight every other day, maybe buy a pull up bar for 15 bux. During this time you will need to eat 2+ grams of protein for every kg you got, also do some HIIT every other day. This way when you show up at the gym you will already know more or less what it is about so you don't feel akward and leave the following day to never come back.

• +1
Focus on your compund movements (bench press , deadlift , squats, military press , pull ups) they will help you a lot as a newbie for muscle mass

• +1
Eat lots of eggs and meat, get protein powder if you can’t get enough protein

• +1
you have abs?

• +1
Gyms are now re-opening but i never lifted weights before.

Any tips on diet,how many times to workout per week,ideal workout program,etc.

btw im skinny 5'10 58kg

There are gazillions of tutorials on everything gym-related all over the internet, but here's my 2 cents:
• Make a detailed workout plan and STICK to it.
• Make sure you are progressively lifting heavier.
• Consistency=everything, especially for newbies.

• +1
I just measured im with 9.0% bodyfat tbh

Don't overthink this bro. Just pick a program (I recommend Greyskull lp) and stick to it. Eat 1.6g of protein per kg.

• +1
Reactions: ObamasLastName and Deleted member 6400
First couple of weeks do full body workouts and don't go to failure as that can make you sore for an actual week since you never used your muscles and tendons before. Keep 1-2 reps before failure and don't worry you will grow anyway because noob lifter. After a few weeks push pull legs best program for gains

• Love it
  • Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Deleted member 6400
Follow a workout plan, progressive overload when you’re lifting, get a good amount of protein, don’t workout the same muscle group 2 days in a row, get rest, eat well, sleep well, grow well, slay well

• +1
Follow the routine to a t and get some gymcell to go with you in the beginning, the trick os to stick for 6 months so you can become Addicted to gymcelling

Last edited:
  • +1