I will not be getting Bimax

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
You got it right boyos, it won't happen. I will not get Bimaxillary advancement surgery. But it doesn't mean that I won't get anything done, I'll just be getting something different.

The most severe risks of a bimax are:

- Unpredictable outcome, you have no control over it when you're under anaesthesia and have to trust the surgeon.
- Risk of relapse
- Nerve injury: Very common, and while my current hypoesthesia from the chin wing is bearable, additional damage to the IAN resulting in even more or severe numb spots on my chin/lower lip OR the sensory disturbance turning into paraesthesia (constant pain and burning sensation) would be simply UNAFFORDABLE for me.

So, to eliminate all these risks, I'll be getting distraction osteogenesis for both jaws:

F1

F6

It advances the jaws at a rate of 0.25mm per day, so for my 10mm lower jaw advancement I will have to click it forward for 40 days, and for the 5mm lefort 1 for 20 days.
However, I'm free to choose when to stop. The surgeons (either Triaca or Obwegeser) said that in these cases, they just look at the ongoing results every other day and stop moving when they think it's ideal.
Now of course if the surgeon is bluepilled and doesn't want to give me as much advancement, I'll just not show up to his office and keep the distractors in until I have as much as I wanted JFL.

Nerve damage isn't an issue because the nerve doesn't get stretched suddenly, it has lots of time to adjust (40 days for the mandible) instead of just a few seconds during a BSSO.

Theoretically, I could go for a massive 15mm lefort 1 and end up like a total freak chimp as long as I keep clicking the distractors JFL.

It's more expensive than regular Bimax obviously and I have to keep the 4 distractors in for 4 months but I'm glad to do that when my nerves remain intact and the result is better.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 23748, Danish_Retard, mulattomaxxer and 14 others
Doesn't that hurt bro?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Uneducated idiots on jawsurgeryforums fucked their lifes by getting multiple bimax (because they didn't get enough advancement out of one bimax) and totally fucking up their nerves, so many guys there have their mouths completely numb just LOL.

Looksmax has definitely overtaken that shithole of a place now with the knowledge gained here

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Patient A, Deleted member 7098, Slob and 9 others
Doesn't that hurt bro?
Nope, it feels like braces apparently. Also, who cares about pain, its just for 40 days and after that you get to enjoy life

• +1
Reactions: valhalar, Deleted member 2816, Yerico7 and 8 others
And who will do it?

nobody do it except some indian surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Mongrelcel, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 1 other person
You got it right boyos, it won't happen. I will not get Bimaxillary advancement surgery. But it doesn't mean that I won't get anything done, I'll just be getting something different.

- Unpredictable outcome, you have no control over it when you're under anaesthesia and have to trust the surgeon.
- Risk of relapse
- Nerve injury: Very common, and while my current hypoesthesia from the chin wing is bearable, additional damage to the IAN resulting in even more or severe numb spots on my chin/lower lip OR the sensory disturbance turning into paraesthesia (constant pain and burning sensation) would be simply UNAFFORDABLE for me.

So, to eliminate all these risks, I'll be getting distraction osteogenesis for both jaws:

View attachment 1384093

View attachment 1384094

It advances the jaws at a rate of 0.25mm per day, so for my 10mm lower jaw advancement I will have to click it forward for 40 days, and for the 5mm lefort 1 for 20 days.
However, I'm free to choose when to stop. The surgeons (either Triaca or Obwegeser) said that in these cases, they just look at the ongoing results every other day and stop moving when they think it's ideal.
Now of course if the surgeon is bluepilled and doesn't want to give me as much advancement, I'll just not show up to his office and keep the distractors in until I have as much as I wanted JFL.

Nerve damage isn't an issue because the nerve doesn't get stretched suddenly, it has lots of time to adjust (40 days for the mandible) instead of just a few seconds during a BSSO.

Theoretically, I could go for a massive 15mm lefort 1 and end up like a total freak chimp as long as I keep clicking the distractors JFL.

It's more expensive than regular Bimax obviously and I have to keep the 4 distractors in for 4 months but I'm glad to do that when my nerves remain intact and the result is better.
Good post , I have paraethesia from genio it seems but I don’t mind. Aesthetics is all that matter to me physical pain is nothing

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
And who will do it?

I wrote it in the post:
Dr Triaca and Dr Obwegeser.
Maybe even Dr Brusco I'll talk to him too soon

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Preoximerianas, Be_ConfidentBro and 3 others
Good post , I have paraethesia from genio it seems but I don’t mind. Aesthetics is all that matter to me physical pain is nothing
It depends on how bad the pain is. I thought the same like you until 8 months after the Chin Wing but somehow it bothers me more over time..

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and user47283
And who will do it?

There's also Dr Sullivan and several surgeons in Florida who do it. It's just not as popular because people are scared of it and prefer the quick BSSO

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3828 and Jason Voorhees
ik you‘re rich but isn‘t that extremely expensive?

• +1
ik you‘re rich but isn‘t that extremely expensive?
I hope not :feelsrope:

Plan B is to get a regular lefort 1 and just DO for my mandible, but I want to avoid nerve damage at all costs, I can't handle any more :feelswhy:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 3828, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person

Plan B is to get a regular lefort 1 and just DO for my mandible, but I want to avoid nerve damage at all costs, I can't handle any more :feelswhy:
is it that bad?

i had a „who cares, it‘s about aesthetics“ mentality when it came to stuff like this

• +1
Reactions: one job away and Jason Voorhees
is it that bad?

i had a „who cares, it‘s about aesthetics“ mentality when it came to stuff like this
Yes don't have that mentality, I speak from experience. Nerve damage is no joke, my lower lip is that much pins and needles on the right side that I haven't dared to touch it for over a year now

• +1
Reactions: TrappedInReality, valhalar, Danish_Retard and 5 others
what about ccw

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Jason Voorhees
  • +1
Reactions: MouthbreatherChad, Preoximerianas, ChristianChad and 3 others
jfl you're shitting on osteotomy just cuz you had bad experience with it. Most bimax patients only have temporary numbness for a couple weeks/months. Your case is rare

• +1
Reactions: Administrator, Yerico7, ChristianChad and 1 other person
  • Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423, AlwaysHaveQuestions, ChristianChad and 2 others
jfl you're shitting on osteotomy just cuz you had bad experience with it. Most bimax patients only have temporary numbness for a couple weeks/months. Your case is rare
This is probably even true yes, see I would totally get a regular bimax if I wouldn't already have nerve damage, but I can't afford to get even more

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Yerico7, Warlow and 5 others
In the thread you mentioned relapse. I can't see the bone suddenly relapsing alot after it's sawed off and placed back with metal plates. How often and how much mm relapse can you expect?

Also who is getting multiple bimaxes? Shouldn't a good surgeon like the Italian one or other reputable do it proper and perhaps do a implant / ching wing after If it lacking sharp lines?

The nerve injury I can imagine. I had my 2nd wisdom teeth taken out as preparation for my bimax. After 3 weeks I still missing some feeling in my lower lip and the feeling in my chin area is almost back. I can imagine bimax doing more damage.

I agree with the unpredictable outcome. A surgeon told me even computer models can't predict reliable. Sometime you can't advance as much cause of the lip. Sometime it looks comical when expanded too much. So alot of time the surgeon use his own vision and change during operation.

Good luck with the braces way. Didn't know it. Also u can judge everyday how it looks like wich is good. Hope it will become more mainstream.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, Yerico7, Preoximerianas and 3 others
didn't know this was a thing apart from imdo

can you even do accurate movements with this? ccw?

I've heard bad things about brusco btw but can't confirm

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Jason Voorhees
In the thread you mentioned relapse. I can't see the bone suddenly relapsing alot after it's sawed off and placed back with metal plates. How often and how much mm relapse can you expect?

Also who is getting multiple bimaxes? Shouldn't a good surgeon like the Italian one or other reputable do it proper and perhaps do a implant / ching wing after If it lacking sharp lines?

The nerve injury I can imagine. I had my 2nd wisdom teeth taken out as preparation for my bimax. After 3 weeks I still missing some feeling in my lower lip and the feeling in my chin area is almost back. I can imagine bimax doing more damage.

I agree with the unpredictable outcome. A surgeon told me even computer models can't predict reliable. Sometime you can't advance as much cause of the lip. Sometime it looks comical when expanded too much. So alot of time the surgeon use his own vision and change during operation.

Good luck with the braces way. Didn't know it. Also u can judge everyday how it looks like wich is good. Hope it will become more mainstream.
I quote the statement a surgeon has given me about Distraction Osteogenesis:

In my opinion, IMDO is better than BSSO for young adults with small mandibles wanting to get a better result, lower the risk of numbness/paraesthesia of the lower lip, chin and teeth, widen the mandible, have a perfect mandibular contour (no risk of palpable or even visible notches), avoid dental extractions because of having not enough bone for having all the teeth erupted and I never occlusion , widen the UPPER jaw more than with BSSO, but of course, also willing to accept its postops (plural, as we must remove the distractors, that is another procedure), other risks, maybe other procedures and, of course, its costs.

In my humble opinion, IMDO is THE way to increase the size of a small mandible. It works (and has almost the same limitations) in adults the same way it works in teeenagers, although the procedure is much easier, better tolerated and risks are lower within younger patients.

This is the forefront of jaw surgery, getting large advancements with terrible nerve injury risk is just retarded

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Deleted member 2729, Pumanator and 2 others
Dont you need an overjet to qualify for it?

Dont you need an overjet to qualify for it?
not if your doing both jaws, tho upper jaw DO seems like very nieche procedure

• +1

Why do you already have nerve damage?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and Deleted member 3828
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HQNPmaxxing, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Pumanator and 3 others
I quote the statement a surgeon has given me about Distraction Osteogenesis:

In my opinion, IMDO is better than BSSO for young adults with small mandibles wanting to get a better result, lower the risk of numbness/paraesthesia of the lower lip, chin and teeth, widen the mandible, have a perfect mandibular contour (no risk of palpable or even visible notches), avoid dental extractions because of having not enough bone for having all the teeth erupted and I never occlusion , widen the UPPER jaw more than with BSSO, but of course, also willing to accept its postops (plural, as we must remove the distractors, that is another procedure), other risks, maybe other procedures and, of course, its costs.

In my humble opinion, IMDO is THE way to increase the size of a small mandible. It works (and has almost the same limitations) in adults the same way it works in teeenagers, although the procedure is much easier, better tolerated and risks are lower within younger patients.

This is the forefront of jaw surgery, getting large advancements with terrible nerve injury risk is just

I'm fairly low IQ, but I remember IMDO aficionados saying that it was only a good option for teenagers or very young adults (very early twenties) and that anyone older should go for BSSO. Is that the case for all forms of D.O.?

And do other forms of D.O. widen the Jaws as well as grow them forward?

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
I'm fairly low IQ, but I remember IMDO aficionados saying that it was only a good option for teenagers or very young adults (very early twenties) and that anyone older should go for BSSO. Is that the case for all forms of D.O.?

What is better for teenager, DO?

What is better for teenager, DO?
So being the extreme autist that I am I actually just called the quoted surgeon and spoke 30minutes to him,
he said the main problem with age is that the older you are, the more prone you are to asymmetry and the less it's possible for orthodontics to correct that scelettal asymmetry, so in the worst case you end up getting a DO and need an additional BSSO.

He agreed with me that a 10mm advancement of the mandible is very large and would put me statistically at a 50 - 60% risk for additional nerve damage, and in IMDO this is very rarely the case. Also, 10mm BSSO is prone to relapse and being unstable.

IMDO is more expensive than a regular Bimax, but it also widens the mandible, especially from the second molars forward which can have dramatic effects that are unseen in a BSSO.

He quoted me 35k, but in Spain, this includes Hospital stays etc.

Also, he said it's close to impossible to find an orthodontist willing to cooperate, however, he's successfully treated patients from Germany or the UK already.

Right now I'm seriously considering this ngl.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, TrestIsBest, Tobias Fünke and 1 other person
So being the extreme autist that I am I actually just called the quoted surgeon and spoke 30minutes to him,
he said the main problem with age is that the older you are, the more prone you are to asymmetry and the less it's possible for orthodontics to correct that scelettal asymmetry, so in the worst case you end up getting a DO and need an additional BSSO.

He agreed with me that a 10mm advancement of the mandible is very large and would put me statistically at a 50 - 60% risk for additional nerve damage, and in IMDO this is very rarely the case. Also, 10mm BSSO is prone to relapse and being unstable.

IMDO is more expensive than a regular Bimax, but it also widens the mandible, especially from the second molars forward which can have dramatic effects that are unseen in a BSSO.

Also, he said it's close to impossible to find an orthodontist willing to cooperate, however, he's successfully treated patients from Germany or the UK already.

what is that thing in ur avi?

But can you do ccw/cw rotation with DO?

But can you do ccw/cw rotation with DO?
Only limited. But I don't need neither :Comfy:

Guys once I get that shit in my mouth I'll be very tempted to keep it even longer and give me a massive 30mm advancement for a hyper ante face JFL

• JFL
Reactions: TrestIsBest
wtf bro limb lengthening on your face
based af

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 9670 and Acromegaly_Chad
Noooo why do you leave us 🤦‍♂️ Get bimax please

• JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
so you are going to one surgeon for DO on lefort 1 and another for IMDO? fucking hoe

so you are going to one surgeon for DO on lefort 1 and another for IMDO? fucking hoe
Nah, I'll get a regular 5mm lefort 1 I guess and then a 10mm IMDO, all with the same surgeon, maybe with Triaca or Obwegeser or maybe even with @Sergio-OMS but he's in Madrid which is quite far away from where I live

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions

didnt coceancig say imdo is cheaper than
bsso?

- Risk of relapse

View attachment 1384093

View attachment 1384094

Cope. I had bimax and it was the best thing ive done in my life. I had 0 pain only discomfort.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, Yerico7 and Acromegaly_Chad
sounds very good, so you can Stop until you reach your desired result. with bimax you cant really know. lifefuel but sadly i only will get a bimax:feelsgood:

- Risk of relapse

View attachment 1384093

View attachment 1384094

Does Mommaerts, Raffaini, Defranq or Ramieri also do this?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23748

- Risk of relapse
And that‘s why you get implants instead of jaw surgery if you aren‘t mega-recessed to begin with

cba having my quality of life ruined because of irreversible nerve damage

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 2729
And that‘s why you get implants instead of jaw surgery if you aren‘t mega-recessed to begin with

cba having my quality of life ruined because of irreversible nerve damage
Can jaw implants create hollow cheeks?

Can jaw implants create hollow cheeks?
Hollow cheeks = forward growth + high, forward zygos + prominent jaw angles + thin skin and very little buccal fat, at least thats what Dr Brusco told me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725, Deleted member 7098 and Deleted member 2729
Hollow cheeks = forward growth + high, forward zygos + prominent jaw angles + thin skin and very little buccal fat, at least thats what Dr Brusco told me
Sounds legit tbh. I think I have OK maxilla forward growth and not much buccal fat. Gonial angles should be fixed with implants, but how to know if my zygos are high and forward?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
Interesting. There's a surgeon who does DO somewhat close to me. Can you get bigonial widening from it? That's the main reason I want to get bimax. Also can you get CCW movement as well from it to prevent chimp lip and exacerbating downward growth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back