Idea for business (gtfih)

Deleted member 18012

Deleted member 18012

Since normies are crazy about fad diets I will start a restaurant that servesfood in accordance with Ray peat theorems and soon it'll become mainstream just like paleo and all that. get rich quick

free coupons for looksmax users. Anyone up for investing? @kjsbdfiusdf @Ada Mustang

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Chadethnic101, Mouthbreath and 2 others
Yeah, I thought of something similar but I'm holding off from any food/consumable businesses atm.

Maybe though, the only issue is the target audience, it's pretty small.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18012
Yeah, I thought of something similar but I'm holding off from any food/consumable businesses atm.

Maybe though, the only issue is the target audience, it's pretty small.
thats the ideal target audience but not the only one marketable to. tweak it by marketing it as some quick weight loss scheme and millions of american will shell out money for it

y hold off?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
thats the ideal target audience but not the only one marketable to. tweak it by marketing it as some quick weight loss scheme and millions of american will shell out money for it

y hold off?
Do you have the budget to lease a kitchen/dining space? If not, how/where are you gonna cook the food, deliver/serve the food and still be compliant with state laws and ordinances? Something to think about.

Do you have the budget to lease a kitchen/dining space? If not, how/where are you gonna cook the food, deliver/serve the food and still be compliant with state laws and ordinances? Something to think about.
seriously it can't possibly be expensive if anything that's probably half the capital needed of any small business. More emphasis on markeing and online exposure

seriously it can't possibly be expensive if anything that's probably half the capital needed of any small business. More emphasis on markeing and online exposure
You've got to have a solid foundation and see everything through. How exactly will the food be distributed? These are genuine questions that need to be asked and examined.

• +1
Reactions: russwestbrook
You've got to have a solid foundation and see everything through. How exactly will the food be distributed? These are genuine questions that need to be asked and examined.
whatever happened to food delivery boys :feelswat::lul:

are you joking/practicing your improv?

• +1
you mentioned a restaurant in the OP, you didn't specify delivery services.
dude delivery partners are cheap af
you won't need any more than average capital for any small business even all things included, with enough growth you will have enough revenue to make it marketable to make it mainstream with vigorous advertising

• +1
dude delivery partners are cheap af
you won't need any more than average capital for any small business even all things included, with enough growth you will have enough revenue to make it marketable to make it mainstream with vigorous advertising
Do you have a menu or a list of dishes yet? Will a platform like UberEats be used?

• +1
Do you have a menu or a list of dishes yet? Will a platform like UberEats be used?
that'll work yes. could do some background research on food items but you know about that better than me

• +1
that'll work yes. could do some background research on food items but you know about that better than me
Ok, PM please, I can take care of the logo creation and a bit of the menu.

• +1
Many already doing something similar. Just not Ray Peat specifically but have A LOT more variety and scale and that would be since mid 2000s. Fads are fads for a reason. No customer retention, only churn in the business following the model you mentioned.

And they have the means to imitate in no time if your idea has any potential and bulldoze your business while it's still an infant.

Last edited:
  • Woah
Plus the only way to source the ingredients at a scale to compete even with the local "vegan cafe" or anything on those lines would either be at an extremely exorbitant price or at ridiculously low quality standards since very little suppliers and I am guessing your Ray Peat menu can't bank only on seasonal and regional produce.

Following seem like better and more profitable businesses to me:

A. A simple restaurent without bothering too much wih disruption or the "million dollar idea" in the right location

B. Liaison with your local hotels and restaurants to offer such a diet FOR them, they source, the menu and preparation is your responsibility. Grow with them.

Last edited:
  • +1
Good luck getting a $100k loan for a restaurant business, the statistically riskiest business (which lenders know). That's why all restaurants are owned by big chains or been around for 50+ years.

The only new restaurants being opened are by rich capitalists who already have millions in the bank or triad Chinese mobsters.

• JFL
I wouldn't pay for that. Cheap supermarket food is much much cheaper and still tasty.