Ideal Eyebrow Width Ratios (long post)

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
I'll go over 2 very important eyebrow measurements in this post, using none other than the handsomest PSL god to ever live, Sean fuckin' O'Pry, to demonstrate.

Here we have Sean O'Pry in all his subhuman glory:

Hot Sean OPry Pictures

What's subhuman about O'Pry? It's his eyebrows. His lateral eyebrow end breadth to bizygomatic breadth ratio (a.k.a. eyebrow area width to bizygo ratio) is sub-par. So is his glabella width to eyebrow area width ratio. There are many things wrong with his eyebrows, and they'll be fixed in this thread.

Ya might wanna close your butthole wise guy, cus shit's aboutta get scientific.

1. Eyebrow Area Width (EAW)

Eyebrow area width is the distance from the left end of your left eyebrow to the right end of your right eyebrow. The measurement is called eyebrow AREA width because it includes the width of the glabella; it isn't just the total width of the 2 eyebrows.

Ideal: 0.9 × bizygomatic breadth ≤ EAW ≤ 0.95 × bizygomatic breadth

Acceptable: EAW ≥ (outercanthal distance + forehead width) ÷ 2

In other words, the ideal eyebrow area width is 0.9 to 0.95 times your bizygomatic breadth, and anything wider than the average of your outercanthal distance and your forehead width is acceptable.

1a. EAW to Bizygomatic Breath Ratio

The ideal EAW range is a ratio of bizygomatic breadth. This ratio is called the eyebrow area width to bizygomatic breadth ratio (or the lateral eyebrow end breadth to bizygomatic breadth ratio). And again, the ideal range for this ratio is 0.9 to 0.95. However, please note that the minimum acceptable EAW is NOT based on this ratio.

I'm sure this ratio (or a ratio similar to this) has been done before, but I cannot stress its importance enough.

OPry Original Brows

Sean O'Pry's EAW is wider than the average of his outercanthal distance and his forehead width, so his EAW is certainly acceptable. But, it isn't ideal—O'Pry's EAW to bizygo ratio is 0.841, which is below the 0.9–0.95 ideal range.

Here's him morphed with an EAW–bizygo ratio of 0.94:

OPry Extended Brows No Overlay
OPry Extended Brows

He looks more slayer in the morph. Yet, you may notice something looks off about his eyebrows. They just don't look quite right, do they?

This takes us to another very important eyebrow measurement, a ratio called the glabella width to eyebrow area width ratio.

2. Glabella Width to Eyebrow Area Width Ratio (Glabella–EAW ratio)

The glabella width to eyebrow area width ratio is the distance between your eyebrows divided by the distance from the left end of your left eyebrow to the right end of your right eyebrow.

Primary Ideal (slayer): 0.15 ≤ glabella width ÷ EAW ≤ 0.2

Secondary Ideal (prettyboy): 0.175 ≤ glabella width ÷ EAW ≤ 0.225

Acceptable: 0.125 < glabella width ÷ EAW ≤ 0.25

Q: Where are these numbers from?

A:
My ass.

If you have short eyebrows, it's best to be near the upper limit of the ideal range, 0.2. Conversely, if you have long eyebrows, it's best to be near the lower limit of the ideal range, 0.15.

OPry Extended Brows  Glabella

The distance in-between O'Pry's eyebrows is too short. In the original photo, his glabella to EAW ratio is 0.11. In the morph with his eyebrows extended laterally, it's 0.099. Goddamn, this is awful. It's about time O'Pry's eyebrows get fixed up.

Here's him morphed with a glabella–EAW ratio of 0.156:

OPry Extended Brows  Glabella Widened No Overlay
OPry Extended Brows  Glabella Widened

Much better.

Well, if it took all that to fix Sean O'Pry's eyebrow problems, who actually has ideal eyebrow width measurements?

Chico does.

Chico

Nah, I'm kidding. Chico's eyebrow width measurements aren't very good either. His EAW to bizygo ratio is 0.881, which isn't wide enough. His glabella to EAW ratio is 0.235, which is too wide.

Seems like eyebrows are the feature that the PSL gods fall short on. Maybe great eyebrows are pretty rare.

BONUS: Important Eyebrow Traits

O'Pry lacks downturned lateral eyebrow tips, which is a very slayer trait. Ideal eyebrows have the outside ends tapered and turned downward rather sharply when viewed from the front.

Diagram

Slayer eyebrows appear sharply downturned at the sides when viewed from the front because: (1) wide supraorbital rims make sharp turns when they meet the temples, (2) slayer eyebrows extend past these curved parts and onto the sides of the orbitals, and (3) these make the lateral ends of the eyebrows be viewed at more oblique angles from the frontal.

O'Pry with slayer brows:

OPry Extended Brows  Glabella Widened Downturned No Overlay
OPry Extended Brows  Glabella Widened Downturned

O'Pry's eyebrows may look overly wide to some of y'all. This is really a consequence of his subhuman skull shape. O'Pry's head is too wide, and his forehead is too narrow relative to his head.

Look how much his looks improve when his head is morphed narrower and his forehead is stretched a bit wider:

O Pry Extended Brows  Glabella Widened Downturned Moggmaxx

A narrowish head shape with a broad forehead enhances the look of slayer wide eyebrows a whole lot.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, bleachmaxxer69, Won't Stop Mewing and 49 others
quality thread but last pic made me laugh ngl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Detective, ElitexElegance, Racky and 24 others
good thread

• +1
Reactions: thecel
looks like shit with that edit sorry.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Detn86, volcelfatcel, WideZygos and 6 others
Usually make good threads, this one could not be more wrong. Can’t believe anyone actually thinks O’ Pry looks better after, if you asked actual women they would definitely prefer original (morphs look comically bad).

Ideal golden ratio eyebrow proportions:

Also O’ Pry is far from a god.

• +1
Reactions: Racky, Prince88, Deleted member and 7 others

What the fuck

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: zeshama, Detn86, Elvisandreaa and 18 others

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: rydofx, thecel, AscendingHero and 14 others
Agreed

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Mongrelcel, Lukea and 9 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, kuroganeikki, JizzFarmer and 3 others
ngl this is beyond even my autism

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Effortless and thecel
if you asked actual women they would definitely prefer original (morphs look comically bad).
Actual women are retarded.

Girls chose a normie/prettyboy guy over Sean O'Pry. Either they're genuinely attracted to shit aesthetics (which makes them retarded), or they don't know what they really like (which makes them retarded and delusional).

• JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer
Usually make good threads, this one could not be more wrong. Can’t believe anyone actually thinks O’ Pry looks better after, if you asked actual women they would definitely prefer original (morphs look comically bad).

View attachment 921906View attachment 921910

agreed. Most medial part of the eyebrow should be at the same horizontal position as the alar base of the same size, most lateral part should be at the same horizontal position as a line from the alare of the same side that passes through the lateral canthus of the same side of the same vertical position of the most lateral brow tip, the arch should then be at the same horizontal position as a line (from the same vertical position of the bottom arch) from the subnasale that passes through the mid-pupil.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5052 and thecel

• JFL
Reactions: thecel, Mongrelcel, court monarch777 and 1 other person
Interesting.

• +1
Actual women are retarded.

Girls chose a normie/prettyboy guy over Sean O'Pry. Either they're genuinely attracted to shit aesthetics (which makes them retarded), or they don't know what they really like (which makes them retarded and delusional).
Saying that you know what women like when in real life choices/ratings say the opposite is the pinnacle of stupidity.

I am not at all surprised women picked Vinnie over O’ Pry. O’ Pry, while good looking, has many aesthetic failos that don’t work together like the aesthetic failos of Hemsworth or DiCaprio (long chin, flat brows, big upper lip, fully hooded eyes).

He does not have the broad appeal that this forum thinks he does.

• +1

View attachment 921906View attachment 921910

Taller the midface more lateral growth of eyebrows needed to compensate
O'pry already has a short midface so looks perfect

• +1
Taller the midface more lateral growth of eyebrows needed to compensate
O'pry already has a short midface so looks perfect
First part makes no sense. Length of the face has no bearing on ideal horizontal eyebrow proportions.

O’ Pry is not perfect. He has several noticeable failos.

• Hmm...
First part makes no sense. Length of the face has no bearing on ideal horizontal eyebrow proportions.

O’ Pry is not perfect. He has several noticeable failos.
Eyebrows are too part of midface not just ipd. And 1.1 is ideal
IMG 20210111 015910
IMG 20210111 015924

• +1
@16tyo avi or death

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7076 and thecel
One thing you are correct about is that O’ Pry’s eyebrows failo him. Although the low set, flat shape is masculine, it doesn’t harmonize with his long chin.

DiCaprio’s chin is longer than ideal in relation to his midface, but his higher, arched eyebrows (feminine) add height to his face and bring his ratio into the ideal golden ratio range:

B94A8DDC 8B13 4E88 A258 DD64A89C289E

O’ Pry’s chin is also longer than ideal, but his low, flat brows only highlight that aesthetic failo, reducing the height of his face:

9370EF77 D7E0 47F2 9984 0AC81BB02613

His big upper lip (feminine) also adds to this failo.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and thecel
I’m still confused how the length of the face impacts the ideal horizontal proportions of the eyebrows. You didn’t even explain what ratio you’re referring to when you say “ideal is 1.1”.
I meant midface ratio ideal is 1:1. It's calculated by dividing the ipd with the distance between pupil to top of lips. But i think the perceived shape of midface depends on eyebrows, pfl, nose shape, mouth/philtrum shape not just ipd.

• +1
I meant midface ratio ideal is 1:1. It's calculated by dividing the ipd with the distance between pupil to top of lips. But i think the perceived shape of midface depends on eyebrows, pfl, nose shape, mouth/philtrum shape not just ipd.
“Taller the midface more lateral growth of eyebrows needed to compensate”

How does the length of the face affect ideal horizontal eyebrow proportions?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and AscendingHero
Niggas are now using math to calculate the correct eyebrow length. JFL it just needs to be longer than your eye

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: thecel, Looks234 and Effortless
“Taller the midface more lateral growth of eyebrows needed to compensate”

How does the length of the face affect ideal horizontal eyebrow proportions?
Not horizontal eyebrow length. But the horizontal width of orbitals. Which ideally should be rectangular and compact which will result in wide pfl with flaring eyebrows.
And for your second question morph a picture of someone with long midface like david schwimmer with widening his eyebrows without touching his midface or ipd. You'll see his harmony will increase.

• +1
Not horizontal eyebrow length. But the horizontal width of orbitals. Which ideally should be rectangular and compact which will result in wide pfl with flaring eyebrows.
And for your second question morph a picture of someone with long midface like david schwimmer with widening his eyebrows without touching his midface or ipd. You'll see his harmony will increase.
I again don’t see how ideal PFL is related to length of the face. There is an ideal PFL (facial fifths), but those are not affected by vertical proportions.

I’m not going to morph someone to test this. The ideal horizontal eyebrow proportions are well defined, but are not related to length of the face. Ideal eyebrow length is the same for everyone, regardless of how long their face is.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 5052
looks like hes special ed in the last pic

• JFL
I again don’t see how ideal PFL is related to length of the face. There is an ideal PFL (facial fifths), but those are not affected by vertical proportions.

I’m not going to morph someone to test this. The ideal horizontal eyebrow proportions are well defined, but are not related to length of the face. Ideal eyebrow length is the same for everyone, regardless of how long their face is.
And orbital rims have no affect on eyebrow shape. Eyebrow shape is determined by the relationship between the glabella and brow ridge, and the height of the cheekbones. And, of course, horizontal and vertical growth of the actual hairs.

• Hmm...
  • +1

Facial thirds and facial fifths don't work in psl bro. Ideal orthodontics standards different than ideal psl standards. But that's a different topic all together. But anyway i can't really explain how the length and width of the facial features work in unison to create a harmonious face you have to morph a face yourself to see or maybe I'm coping but that's what I've seen so take it as you want.

• +1
Facial thirds and facial fifths don't work in psl bro. Ideal orthodontics standards different than ideal psl standards. But that's a different topic all together. But anyway i can't really explain how the length and width of the facial features work in unison to create a harmonious face you have to morph a face yourself to see or maybe I'm coping but that's what I've seen so take it as you want.
Facial thirds and fifths are major components of attraction, whether this forum accepts them as such or not is irrelevant.

Agreed that you can’t explain it. You seem confused about looks theory in general.

• Woah
  • +1
Facial thirds and fifths are major components of attraction, whether this forum accepts them as such or not is irrelevant.

Agreed that you can’t explain it. You seem confused about looks theory in general.
Well I've tried to explain man. But these are all theories that's why i said to morph a face with different proportions. You can't really say anything firmly unless you've seen it yourself. And of course these are all hypothetical I've never claimed anything absolute

• +1
Well I've tried to explain man. But these are all theories that's why i said to morph a face with different proportions. You can't really say anything firmly unless you've seen it yourself. And of course these are all hypothetical I've never claimed anything absolute
If you’re the one proposing the theory you should use examples. So far you’ve only made claims that go against the conventional knowledge regarding horizontal proportions without any backup.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
If you’re the one proposing the theory you should use examples. So far you’ve only made claims that go against the conventional knowledge regarding horizontal proportions without any backup.
I haven't proposed any new theory lol. I've seen it somewhere else I'm stating that.

• +1
Complete autism.
Sean’s whole periorbital region is 1 in a 1,000,000

you’re a good user but shit thread

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thecel and Effortless
Also please don’t go around saying things like facial thirds don’t matter. Having close to balanced but dimorphic thirds is very important for attraction:

10178EDA 690D 460C A21F 5DA404012747
20418F06 9F39 4D56 9F62 418EFAD86A34
CB6218B0 1AD7 4F51 897C 2625E8ED6235
BD9155C9 9E31 4FA9 8061 865F4FE1ED2A

• +1
I haven't proposed any new theory lol. I've seen it somewhere else I'm stating that.
I’ll correct myself then: if you’re going to spread theories that go against conventional wisdom, you should use some backup/examples.

• +1
JFL it just needs to be longer than your eye

So if you have 30mm PFL, your eyebrow just needs to be longer than 30mm? I don't think that's long enough, like at all.

Last edited:
Caged
2295D5E4 8918 40EE A3E7 FBEC1533B383

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: rydofx, thecel and Deleted member 6723
wtf did you increase o'pry's IPD?? That's like increasing freddy mercury's overbite

• JFL
wtf did you increase o'pry's IPD?? That's like increasing freddy mercury's overbite

The narrowing made his head too narrow, so I stretched the entire image wider.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8461
jfl that last morph made me cage :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: rydofx, Deleted member 8019 and thecel
Now that i have the time ill sit down to break down my eyebrows

• JFL
he looks fucking comical in this morph

• JFL
Tbh if two of the most good looking guys in the world have “subpar” eyebrows, maybe you should just change your definition of ideal eyebrows

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: It'snotover and thecel
Tbh if two of the most good looking guys in the world have “subpar” eyebrows, maybe you should just change your definition of ideal eyebrows
Being IDEAL ≠ just being good

Ideal is way better than good, even as far as to be unrealistic and unattainable.

Most good-looking guys have good maxillas, but literally no one in the world has an ideal maxilla. Same with eyebrows.

• +1
Reactions: rydofx
Being IDEAL ≠ just being good

Ideal is way better than good, even as far as to be unrealistic and unattainable.

Most good-looking guys have good maxillas, but literally no one in the world has an ideal maxilla. Same with eyebrows.
Why base “ideal” on what people don’t have? Especially when the “ideal” morphs don’t actually look better.

Why base “ideal” on what people don’t have? Especially when the “ideal” morphs don’t actually look better.
Screen Shot 2021 01 18 at 12823 PM

Ideal is defined as perfection, something that's not realistically attainable. No one is perfect, and no one has perfect bone structure, but ideal is what people should try to get as close to as possible via looksmaxxing.

View attachment 935616

Ideal is defined as perfection, something that's not realistically attainable. No one is perfect, and no one has perfect bone structure, but ideal is what people should try to get as close to as possible via looksmaxxing.
and what are you basing the ideal eyebrow on? especially when the morphs all look worse than the reality
this is basically an opinion thread where you've taken two objectively extremely attractive guys and made them worse by applying your "ideal" eyebrow fam

• +1
I'll go over 2 very important eyebrow measurements in this post, using none other than the handsomest PSL god to ever live, Sean fuckin' O'Pry, to demonstrate.

Here we have Sean O'Pry in all his subhuman glory:

View attachment 920863

What's subhuman about O'Pry? It's his eyebrows. His lateral eyebrow end breadth to bizygomatic breadth ratio (a.k.a. eyebrow area width to bizygo ratio) is sub-par. So is his glabella width to eyebrow area width ratio. There are many things wrong with his eyebrows, and they'll be fixed in this thread.

Ya might wanna close your butthole wise guy, cus shit's aboutta get scientific.

1. Eyebrow Area Width (EAW)

Eyebrow area width is the distance from the left end of your left eyebrow to the right end of your right eyebrow. The measurement is called eyebrow AREA width because it includes the width of the glabella; it isn't just the total width of the 2 eyebrows.

Ideal: 0.9 × bizygomatic breadth ≤ EAW ≤ 0.95 × bizygomatic breadth

Acceptable: EAW ≥ (outercanthal distance + forehead width) ÷ 2

In other words, the ideal eyebrow area width is 0.9 to 0.95 times your bizygomatic breadth, and anything wider than the average of your outercanthal distance and your forehead width is acceptable.

1a. EAW to Bizygomatic Breath Ratio

The ideal EAW range is a ratio of bizygomatic breadth. This ratio is called the eyebrow area width to bizygomatic breadth ratio (or the lateral eyebrow end breadth to bizygomatic breadth ratio). And again, the ideal range for this ratio is 0.9 to 0.95. However, please note that the minimum acceptable EAW is NOT based on this ratio.

I'm sure this ratio (or a ratio similar to this) has been done before, but I cannot stress its importance enough.

View attachment 920893

Sean O'Pry's EAW is wider than the average of his outercanthal distance and his forehead width, so his EAW is certainly acceptable. But, it isn't ideal—O'Pry's EAW to bizygo ratio is 0.841, which is below the 0.9–0.95 ideal range.

Here's him morphed with an EAW–bizygo ratio of 0.94:

View attachment 921629View attachment 921631

He looks more slayer in the morph. Yet, you may notice something looks off about his eyebrows. They just don't look quite right, do they?

This takes us to another very important eyebrow measurement, a ratio called the glabella width to eyebrow area width ratio.

2. Glabella Width to Eyebrow Area Width Ratio (Glabella–EAW ratio)

The glabella width to eyebrow area width ratio is the distance between your eyebrows divided by the distance from the left end of your left eyebrow to the right end of your right eyebrow.

Primary Ideal (slayer): 0.15 ≤ glabella width ÷ EAW ≤ 0.2

Secondary Ideal (prettyboy): 0.175 ≤ glabella width ÷ EAW ≤ 0.225

Acceptable: 0.125 < glabella width ÷ EAW ≤ 0.25

Q: Where are these numbers from?

A:
My ass.

If you have short eyebrows, it's best to be near the upper limit of the ideal range, 0.2. Conversely, if you have long eyebrows, it's best to be near the lower limit of the ideal range, 0.15.

View attachment 921656

The distance in-between O'Pry's eyebrows is too short. In the original photo, his glabella to EAW ratio is 0.11. In the morph with his eyebrows extended laterally, it's 0.099. Goddamn, this is awful. It's about time O'Pry's eyebrows get fixed up.

Here's him morphed with a glabella–EAW ratio of 0.156:

View attachment 921658View attachment 921675

Much better.

Well, if it took all that to fix Sean O'Pry's eyebrow problems, who actually has ideal eyebrow width measurements?

Chico does.

View attachment 921759

Nah, I'm kidding. Chico's eyebrow width measurements aren't very good either. His EAW to bizygo ratio is 0.881, which isn't wide enough. His glabella to EAW ratio is 0.235, which is too wide.

Seems like eyebrows are the feature that the PSL gods fall short on. Maybe great eyebrows are pretty rare.

BONUS: Important Eyebrow Traits

O'Pry lacks downturned lateral eyebrow tips, which is a very slayer trait. Ideal eyebrows have the outside ends tapered and turned downward rather sharply when viewed from the front.

View attachment 921873

Slayer eyebrows appear sharply downturned at the sides when viewed from the front because: (1) wide supraorbital rims make sharp turns when they meet the temples, (2) slayer eyebrows extend past these curved parts and onto the sides of the orbitals, and (3) these make the lateral ends of the eyebrows be viewed at more oblique angles from the frontal.

O'Pry with slayer brows:

View attachment 921863View attachment 921864

O'Pry's eyebrows may look overly wide to some of y'all. This is really a consequence of his subhuman skull shape. O'Pry's head is too wide, and his forehead is too narrow relative to his head.

Look how much his looks improve when his head is morphed narrower and his forehead is stretched a bit wider:

View attachment 921880

A narrowish head shape with a broad forehead enhances the look of slayer wide eyebrows a whole lot.
"slayer brows" look so much worse

• Hmm...