If atheists believe in blackness after death?

owlofathena

owlofathena

Forum Veteran
Then how is the human race suppose to continue? I don't personally believe in an afterlife but I do believe in reincarnation. What's even the point of living if you believe in total blackness after death? Cause we all going to die someday and we don't even know when that day will come in a lot of cases. If there truly is no god then what's the point of living anymore? What's meaning of life? You might say the meaning life is just to reproduce and that's it. Well that's not a life I want to live if that's the only meaning. I want a higher purpose than that plus taking care of a human baby is probably one of the hardest in the animal kingdom since we are the only animals that use money. No other animal uses money or drives cars, lives in houses, builds buildings etc. There is like almost 8 billion I think on the planet and we all lead very different lives. There is no such thing as classism in the other animal kingdoms as well unless your trying to say who is the most dominant but that's more all about predators and prey. Let's have a discussion on this

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TUSSELEIF, Deleted member 21381, GuyFromSingapore and 2 others
You get cryopreserved. Or buried or burnt like a cuck.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur, Deleted member 18840, Deleted member 17791 and 3 others
Then how is the human race suppose to continue? I don't personally believe in an afterlife but I do believe in reincarnation. What's even the point of living if you believe in total blackness after death? Cause we all going to die someday and we don't even know when that day will come in a lot of cases. If there truly is no god then what's the point of living anymore? What's meaning of life? You might say the meaning life is just to reproduce and that's it. Well that's not a life I want to live if that's the only meaning. I want a higher purpose than that plus taking care of a human baby is probably one of the hardest in the animal kingdom since we are the only animals that use money. No other animal uses money or drives cars, lives in houses, builds buildings etc. There is like almost 8 billion I think on the planet and we all lead very different lives. There is no such thing as classism in the other animal kingdoms as well unless your trying to say who is the most dominant but that's more all about predators and prey. Let's have a discussion on this
You’ll probably reincarnate as another human, animal/or plant or something. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. While your body decomposes it releases energy, this energy can be transferred to something else

• +1
Reactions: plukee and owlofathena
You get cryopreserved. Or buried or burnt like a cuck.
If am not reincarnated or don't experience anything after death am going to be pissed

the purpose of life is to escape it

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: disillusioned, lonelycurry, datboijj and 1 other person
The meaning of life is to become Chad. Think about it, If you’re to busy fucking hot pussy every single day there’s no need for a higher purpose , no need to look for God since you’re already one and you have no time for “philosophy” lol. The afterlife is cope for ugly normies / thread

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: mug, Warlow, Elvisandreaa and 2 others
If you know a movie is gonna end at some point would you just not watch it? Life is somewhat like a movie or video game, I think it ending is making it special

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17872, Loki, Deleted member 12234 and 2 others
You’ll probably reincarnate as another human, animal/or plant or something. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. While your body decomposes it releases energy, this energy can be transferred to something else
Yes this is what I believe in

If am not reincarnated or don't experience anything after death am going to be pissed
The idea is to stop the damage caused after death so that you get revived in a post aging. See my sig.

@8PSLcel why laugh

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Moggie and Deleted member 17791
The meaning of life is to become Chad. Think about it, If you’re to busy fucking hot pussy every single day there’s no need for a higher purpose , no need to look for God since you’re already one and you have no time for “philosophy” lol. The afterlife is cope for ugly normies / thread
I don't believe in an afterlife I believe in reincarnation. And there has been chads who have even killed themselves like that guy from love island UK

What feels good dont make something true. But evolutionary atheism is probaly bad because leads to higher sucide rate and lower births

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and owlofathena
Nothing matters. That's the brutal truth. It all doesn't matter in the end. Everything that happens, everything that will ever happen, just doesn't matter. Every argument on here doesn't matter, it means nothing, both individuals are retards trying to push their autistic bullshit. Every war was just senseless violence started by selfish rulers, it doesn't matter. Every innovation, every change, none of it matters.

We suffer because an unfeeling, unthinking universe wills it so. We are nothing but space dust, we are born, we live, we degenerate, we die and our bodies rot away to be re used by some other thing.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Moggie, Elvisandreaa, ManletBlackcel and 4 others
how could be pissed when will your consciousness doesnt exist XD

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel and owlofathena
The idea is to stop the damage caused after death so that you get revived in a post aging. See my sig.

@8PSLcel why laugh
'buried or burnt like a cuck'

it just happened that you're sentient enough to think about it. if you were a brainless animal you would just live until your last breath, you wouldn't search a purpose for the afterlife, because you would never think about death in the first place.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: owlofathena and Deleted member 17791
how could be pissed when will your consciousness doesnt exist XD
Yes that would be true. But I still believe in reincarnation and I dont believe in an afterlife

it just happened that you're sentient enough to think about it. if you were a brainless animal you would just live until your last breath, you wouldn't search a purpose for the afterlife, because you would never think about death in the first place.
most people don't do that tbh. It's high IQ trait thinking about your own death and the meaning to life.

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore, Niklaus Mikaelson, owlofathena and 1 other person
True if I was living as a human in Viking times nobody would be thinking about death cause there would be very little comfort in those times

• +1
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson
'buried or burnt like a cuck'
You agree that getting cryopreserved seems the most logical solution if you DON'T want to die though?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Magical Apple and Deleted member 17791
Blackness after death is what buddhists try to achieve. In my opinion, this is the true meaning of life. You see all life uses up energy thus increasing entropy and pushing the universe towards a more balanced state. Our continuous evolution is an evolution to be able to use up more and more energy and bring about this state of equlibrium. All of our desires are a reflection of the universes great desire to turn towards a more balanced state.

The meaning of life is the death of all things.

• Ugh..
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 17872, Elvisandreaa, owlofathena and 2 others
You agree that getting cryopreserved seems the most logical solution if you DON'T want to die though?
We don't really know how to revive people from that and it's not really living.

I'm not sure I want to live forever, even now, I'm feeling the effects of an ever changing world, it comes and goes, I miss my past but it never comes back, I'm slowly forgetting. It makes me think of suicide when I think of it.

I'm not sure if I can take living for very long. It's so painful constantly losing my own experiences.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
Blackness after death is what buddhists try to achieve. In my opinion, this is the true meaning of life. You see all life uses up energy thus increasing entropy and pushing the universe towards a more balanced state. Our continuous evolution is an evolution to be able to use up more and more energy and bring about this state of equlibrium. All of our desires are a reflection of the universes great desire to turn towards a more balanced state.

The meaning of life is the death of all things.
lol

I will attempt a full connectome preservation. My goal is to upload my mind. I want to experience existence as something beyond human.

• Woah
Reactions: Hipcel
We don't really know how to revive people from that and it's not really living.

I'm not sure I want to live forever, even now, I'm feeling the effects of an ever changing world, it comes and goes, I miss my past but it never comes back, I'm slowly forgetting. It makes me think of suicide when I think of it.

I'm not sure if I can take living for very long. It's so painful constantly losing my own experiences.
It's suspended death like a coma or better yet paused metabolism state. We can already revive mammal kidneys and transplant them - they work. After all, it's probabilistic.

What's the probability you get revived after rotting under ground inside a coffin? Zero.
What's the probability you get revived in a post aging world after being cryopreserved? Small, but not zero.
@SoonToAscend
the real meaning of that sig

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Moggie, SoonToAscend, Magical Apple and 1 other person
Blackness after death?????????? Niggers?????????

It's suspended death like a coma or something. We can already revive mammal kidneys and transplant them - they work. After all, it's probabilistic.

What's the probability you get revived after rotting under ground inside a coffin? Zero.
What's the probability you get revived in a post aging world after being cryopreserved? Small, but not zero.
@SoonToAscend

:ogre:

• Hmm...
There isn't really a meaning to life. You die and then your body decays, simple as that. Planet earth too has an expiration date. Without an end there could be no beginning (sometimes it never begins). It is what it is.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: owlofathena
There isn't really a meaning to life. You die and then your body decays simple as that. Planet earth too has an expiration date. Without an end there could be no beginning (sometimes it never begins). It is what it is.
But there is also these other planets as well and so far we are the most intelligent race in the universe cause we have no evidence of another intelligent life. It could be that God bestowed some of his intelligence onto humans as his chosen race

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
But there is also these other planets as well and so far we are the most intelligent race in the universe cause we have no evidence of another intelligent life. It could be that God bestowed some of his intelligence onto humans as his chosen race
They'll disappear after some time too.

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
If you know a movie is gonna end at some point would you just not watch it? Life is somewhat like a movie or video game, I think it ending is making it special
but the world universe is infinite, there is no end

• Hmm...
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson
It's suspended death like a coma or better yet paused metabolism state. We can already revive mammal kidneys and transplant them - they work. After all, it's probabilistic.

@SoonToAscend

I would focus on preserving the brain. My theory is that the first forms of extreme life extension will be full brain cyborgization. The brain will be removed and placed into a tank filled with bio-nanotech that will constantly repair damage and help it interface with a computer.

• +1
Timestamp cryonics

Dyson aged like shit. lost his marbles meanwhile the guy interviewed just after still has his mind.

That's the worst thing about aging, losing you rmind.

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel and Magical Apple
Dyson aged like shit. lost his marbles meanwhile the guy interviewed just after still has his mind.

I want to preserve my brain before dementia scrambles my identity into schizo nonsense.

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel and Deleted member 17791
I want to preserve my brain before dementia scrambles my identity into schizo nonsense.
I agree. Sounds very reasonable.

I've seen some videos on dementia and that's the worst shit ever.

• +1
Reactions: Magical Apple

And the thing is Dyson, actually misunderstood what regular periodic rejuvenation would do. The brain is an organ. If you can have a 30 year old body you'd have a 30 year old brain, biologically which means the neuroplasticity of a 30 year old.

Therefore the whole "old people, don't change their minds just die" doesn't apply here. He confused biological with chronological age.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17791

Because aging is the worst thing ever. Dementia is a disease of aging.

• Woah
And the thing is Dyson, actually misunderstood what regular periodic rejuvenation would do. The brain is an organ. If you can have a 30 year old body you'd have a 30 year old brain, biologically which means the neuroplasticity of a 30 year old.

Therefore the whole "old people, don't change their minds just die" doesn't apply here. He confused biological with chronological age.
Well, you saw how much of a retard he became. He desperately needs rejuvenation.:lul::lul::lul:

Ideal biological age is 1 years old. You'd have an extremely high IQ with an adult body with the biology of a newborn. Do you know how fast children learn?

• JFL

Another form of immortality that is more controversial is the destructive upload. Essentially the primary aspects of ones identity are scanned out of the brain and transferred into a new substrate. You will not be the exact same entity you were before but If it is accurate enough I think you will not die.

• JFL
Because aging is the worst thing ever. Dementia is a disease of aging.
I'd love to stop aging but I'm not sure about living forever. I'd wanna live longer but on my own terms Maybe rope when I reach 200.

Another form of immortality that is more controversial is the destructive upload. Essentially the primary aspects of ones identity are scanned out of the brain and transferred into a new substrate. You will not be the exact same entity you were before but If it is accurate enough I think you will not die.
That's definitely not an option.

I'd rather have my brain be replaced with machines piece by piece so there is zero interruption of my consciousness.

Nothing matters. That's the brutal truth. It all doesn't matter in the end. Everything that happens, everything that will ever happen, just doesn't matter. Every argument on here doesn't matter, it means nothing, both individuals are retards trying to push their autistic bullshit. Every war was just senseless violence started by selfish rulers, it doesn't matter. Every innovation, every change, none of it matters.

We suffer because an unfeeling, unthinking universe wills it so. We are nothing but space dust, we are born, we live, we degenerate, we die and our bodies rot away to be re used by some other thing.
how does an unthinking, unfeeling universe come into existence form nothing? Truly low IQ when I see this pholosphy.

Nihilism was created by a man with an extreme hormonal imbalance.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
I'd love to stop aging but I'm not sure about living forever. I'd wanna live longer but on my own terms Maybe rope when I reach 200.
That's it. My signature is about 1) having the choice to live longer
and 2) to not age while you're deciding.

This is literally the biggest cause of suffering in the world.

Finally some powerful people are waking up

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Magical Apple and Deleted member 17791
Live long enough and you will change into something so different it will be as if who you are now is dead.

• Hmm...
how does an unthinking, unfeeling universe come into existence form nothing? Truly low IQ when I see this pholosphy.

I never claimed it came from nothing. Stop putting words in my mouth.

The universe is not unthinking and unfeeling. You think and feel and you are part of the universe thus the universe thinks and feels.

Very good thread! You're having spiritual thoughts!

That's it. My signature is about 1) having the choice to live longer
and 2) to not age while you're deciding.

This is literally the biggest cause of suffering in the world.

Finally some powerful people are waking up

Leftists think they're gonna use this to enslave the world forever.

Live long enough and you will change into something so different it will be as if who you are now is dead.
You'd basically be an alien.

I never claimed it came from nothing. Stop putting words in my mouth.
So a very intelligent force made a universe with planets and star systems for no reason with no point?

I can only guess because you don't state your philosophy, just state that people die and there is nothing after and there is no intelligence within the creation of anything.