If atheists believe in blackness after death?

So a very intelligent force made a universe with planets and star systems for no reason with no point?

I can only guess because you don't state your philosophy, just state that people die and there is nothing after and there is no intelligence within the creation of anything.
I'm not stating my beliefs because I don't want to argue with you.

That's it. My signature is about 1) having the choice to live longer
and 2) to not age while you're deciding.

This is literally the biggest cause of suffering in the world.

Finally some powerful people are waking up

aging is not the same as age related biological deterioration. People have these things mixed up.

Last edited:
aging is not the same as age related biological deterioration. Aging is simply the process of ones consciousness changing with time and experience and should be celebrated. Degradation is a problem to be fixed.
Nope.
In humans, ageing represents the accumulation of changes in a human being over time[3] and can encompass physical, psychological, and social changes.
Aging is the damage accumulation at the molecular and cellural level that is happening throughout the body as an intrinsic side effect of its normal operation.

I'm not stating my beliefs because I don't want to argue with you.
yeah because you think somehow the universe evolved out of oblivion

ik souls exist because i can freely lucid dream and astral project. It may just be a simulated world inside my own head, but i dont care, its too intricate. the brain isnt just a system made to live and die, the pineal gland makes dmt, dmt shows you spiritual realms with very similar structures across many different people, they see the same spiritual beings, seeing as the brain secretes DMT at death, and taking dmt is described as feeling like "your soul being launched right from your cortex", I'd say it's pretty fucking likely that a stream of energy is ejected from your body as soon as it dies.

The body is just a vessel and we must respect it till we die, and when we die, whatever happens, happens.

yeah because you think somehow the universe evolved out of oblivion

ik souls exist because i can freely lucid dream and astral project. It may just be a simulated world inside my own head, but i dont care, its too intricate. the brain isnt just a system made to live and die, the pineal gland makes dmt, dmt shows you spiritual realms with very similar structures across many different people, they see the same spiritual beings, seeing as the brain secretes DMT at death, and taking dmt is described as feeling like "your soul being launched right from your cortex", I'd say it's pretty fucking likely that a stream of energy is ejected from your body as soon as it dies.

The body is just a vessel and we must respect it till we die, and when we die, whatever happens, happens.
jfl at you trying to start an argument. I never even stated what I believed but you're so sure with your assumptions. See you later.

• Hmm...
Reactions: 2d v2
Its not black, its non existence, its infinity, you become one with the eternal, until you get reborn again after infinite time passes and infinite universes are remade over and over again for eternity, something doesn't come from nothing, light doesn't come from dark. That which is above is like to that which is below, and that which is below is like to that which is above.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 2d v2, ChristianChad and Austrian Oak
If you know a movie is gonna end at some point would you just not watch it? Life is somewhat like a movie or video game, I think it ending is making it special
Interesting point of view.
Although your analogy with the movie isn’t exactly comparable because after you finished watching a movie or playing a game you can still remember it and find joy in thinking about it.

With life it would be a different story if we assume that after death is nothing. Because then it would literally not matter if you die one day after you were born or live a happy long life till you are 100y/o. Either way you will stop existing and with that the life you lived is totally irrelevant.

• +1
Reactions: Austrian Oak and Niklaus Mikaelson
Interesting point of view.
Although your analogy with the movie isn’t exactly comparable because after you finished watching a movie or playing a game you can still remember it and find joy in thinking about it.

With life it would be a different story if we assume that after death is nothing. Because then it would literally not matter if you die one day after you were born or live a happy long life till you are 100y/o. Either way you will stop existing and with that the life you lived is totally irrelevant.
Exactly and even if on the extremely rare chance you became a billionaire you can't take your money to the grave

• +1
Reactions: germanlooks
Exactly and even if on the extremely rare chance you became a billionaire you can't take your money to the grave
I personally believe in this „nothing after theory“ but it’s also kinda depressing because it easily can decrease your motivation to try to achieve anything like becoming rich for example.

On the other side it is also relieving to think that even the people who had it all in this life will be the same as me and everyone else after death - just nothing.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Austrian Oak
I personally believe in this „nothing after theory“ but it’s also kinda depressing because it easily can decrease your motivation to try to achieve anything like becoming rich for example.

On the other side it is also relieving to think that even the people who had it all in this life will be the same as me and everyone else after death - just nothing.
It's impossible to know what really happens, im not talking on a religious sense, but more metaphysical. Basically its not nothing, when you die, everything dies, cause there is no perspective in death, from "your" point of view infinite passes that moment.

The thing is, the universe must have come from something, its the most mind boggling thing to think about. If you are conscious now then what says you won't be conscious again after infite time passes? It's called the eternal return, cause after the universe almost ceases existence, it will just rebound the same and start all over again, this will go on for infinite. Cause the meme thought of "total void in millions of googol years" is cagefuel. Its impossible for nothingness to be a infinite state after existence of the first atom, so in an atheistic sense, the eternal bounce makes sense.

• +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF and Austrian Oak
Amnesia-ism is my religion (N-no homo)

I really don’t think it’s a coincidence that most religions throughout the world share similar ideas (heaven/hell, angels, god, etc), they just have different names for them. Most religions have an afterlife or dimensions where gods live. Many people also experience out-of-body experiences and claim to travel to other dimensions, and when this happens they become religious. The complete nothingness after death is just too depressing I don’t think it’s natural for humans to belive in that. I mean, what’s the point of living and gaining experience if it will be for nothing in the end?
I do believe everyone or most have a soul, that there exists a spiritual world as opposed to a physical world, multiverse, and that we can go to other dimensions after death, or that we are reincarnated. The fact the universe exists and that it has laws is just mind-boggling. And that opens the possibility of other universes or realities with other laws.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17872
If you know a movie is gonna end at some point would you just not watch it? Life is somewhat like a movie or video game, I think it ending is making it special
Yah I'm an atheist and have come to terms with death..I don't care nor fear it anymore. It's apart of life lol.

• +1
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson
Nothing matters. That's the brutal truth. It all doesn't matter in the end. Everything that happens, everything that will ever happen, just doesn't matter. Every argument on here doesn't matter, it means nothing, both individuals are retards trying to push their autistic bullshit. Every war was just senseless violence started by selfish rulers, it doesn't matter. Every innovation, every change, none of it matters.

We suffer because an unfeeling, unthinking universe wills it so. We are nothing but space dust, we are born, we live, we degenerate, we die and our bodies rot away to be re used by some other thing.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
Wild West Cowboy GIF by Escape Hunt UK