If you are getting jaw implants you must know this

I

Improver

Bronze
Everyone getting jaw implants or a custom wraparound should be aware of this.
The "fossa" that we have at the jaw angles is what avoids the masseter muscle to protrude a lot outside the limits of our jaw bone.
If you are getting jaw implants and u just do a straight line without this sinking you will have more width and less definition

20220308 230745

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: HighClassMaxing, Chinlet Ascension, Wallenberg and 7 others
how does that relate to the masseter muscle

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
The "fossa" that we have at the jaw angles is what avoids the masseter muscle to protrude a lot outside the limits of our jaw bone.
If you are getting jaw implants and u just do a straight line without this sinking you will have more width and less definition

View attachment 1587097
so you mean you have to get the pointy edges for it to get sharpness of the result?

• +1
Reactions: Mehditianeptine

View attachment 1587097
so just get non-linear desing instead of linear? elaborate more

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
so you mean you have to get the pointy edges for it to get sharpness of the result?
so just get non-linear desing instead of linear? elaborate more
I'm referring to the part before the edge. You can have a straight line but to avoid pushing the masseter out this sinking is needed.
I didn't have this on my design and that's why it looks wider than it really is.

Example

Attachments

• 20220308_230745.jpg
    20220308_230745.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Gaia262 and Deleted member 7098
I'm referring to the part before the edge. You can have a straight line but to avoid pushing the masseter out this sinking is needed.
I didn't have this on my design and that's why it looks wider than it really is.

Example
high IQ, thank you. did you get peek or silicone? silicone can get shaved down pretty easily

• +1
Reactions: Improver
high IQ, thank you. did you get peek or silicone? silicone can get shaved down pretty easily
Polyethylene. I will have revision, needs other changes too.

• So Sad
Reactions: Danish_Retard
steroids into the masseter muscles can do the same as implants or better.
Grath

because when you inject the muscle the bone grows as well and large muscles are built on top of those bones.

The process takes months or years, because you cant just keep inejcting them every day or you will have fucked up pools of oil and weird lumps growing out of the masseter muscles. Its a once a month thing at most..

• JFL
Reactions: WeAreBoundless, ifyouwannabemylover, Danish_Retard and 3 others
Can you link the Eppley article you got that pic from?

Example
so it creates a hole, non-linear design to carry masseter over there instead of having a straight linear design. right?

so it creates a hole, non-linear design to carry masseter over there instead of having a straight linear design. right?
It doesn't matter if it is linear or not, the hole doesn't affect the line

Another example:

Attachments

• Custom-jawline-implant-design-with-natural-bony-jaw-angle-shape-dr-barry-eppley-indianapolis-3...jpg
    Custom-jawline-implant-design-with-natural-bony-jaw-angle-shape-dr-barry-eppley-indianapolis-3...jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 1587097

Hang on bro. I know English is your second language so I'm trying to interpret this as best I can.

Are you saying that with a wrap-around implant, there needs to be a noticeable groove or dip for your masseter muscle to rest in?

And if you don't have this, you will have a wider/bloated look as opposed to a sharper/defined jawline?

• +1
Reactions: the next o'pry, randomvanish, Gaia262 and 2 others
Hang on bro. I know English is your second language so I'm trying to interpret this as best I can.

Are you saying that with a wrap-around implant, there needs to be a noticeable groove or dip for your masseter muscle to rest in?

And if you don't have this, you will have a wider/bloated look as opposed to a sharper/defined jawline?
Exactly

• +1
Reactions: Linoob and Gaia262
I wish I didn't already have such a wide jaw, it seems to some of the easiest to augment and it usually looks better than naturally wide jaws. Instead I have 0 chin but wide jaw and I'll probably end up needing genio or a chin implant.

Do you have any experience with chin implants?

Wide jaw is the most dysmorphic trait that a man could have . Men that don't have a wide jaw they look so low t and beta . I haven't seen any chad with one weak or narrow jawline

• +1
Reactions: Slob
Wide jaw is the most dysmorphic trait that a man could have . Men that don't have a wide jaw they look so low t and beta . I haven't seen any chad with one weak or narrow jawline
there are lots of tiktok chads with narrow jaws (low bigonial width)

• +1
Reactions: Improver
there are lots of tiktok chads with narrow jaws (low bigonial width)
Ryan Reynolds, and my brother who looks like Reynolds with more bone mass but less harmony and 60lb more lean tissue and absolute mogger fridgemode linebacker frame both have narrow jaw

We had cats growing up and my brother was allergic, I think he might have mouth breathed a lot, I always point out to his girlfriends that his nostrils are assymetrical lol, he’s still an absolutely unmoggable chad though, I think terms like “Stacy” are cringe but he literally has hundreds of Stacies on tap lol

Honestly this is a bit of broscience. Look at the masseter, it overlaps the entire jaw gonial region, it's not gonna fit snugly into that groove. It is better to have the gonions relatively flared out in the design, but only because that's obviously sharper. Ultimately, if you don't have defined gonions before implants you won't have them after. It's ok though, having a visible and proportionate jawline, even if rounded at the gonions, is good enough.

Attachments

• Masseter_Watermarked_HR.jpg
    Masseter_Watermarked_HR.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098 and Gaia262

View attachment 1587097
This is legit and also Eppley mentioned this to one guy who did a jaw angle implant and has documented his journey very well on reddit.
Everybody who wants to do an implant should keep that in mind.

Which modifications would you like to do in your implant ?
Mostly everything. I will post the design when I have it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8442
Honestly this is a bit of broscience. Look at the masseter, it overlaps the entire jaw gonial region, it's not gonna fit snugly into that groove. It is better to have the gonions relatively flared out in the design, but only because that's obviously sharper. Ultimately, if you don't have defined gonions before implants you won't have them after. It's ok though, having a visible and proportionate jawline, even if rounded at the gonions, is good enough.
It won't fit entirely, but a good part yes. I have read that the average width of masseter is around 10 mm on males. So what if you just want 5mm of width in your implant? Without this sinking you will end with some extra width for sure.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar
It won't fit entirely, but a good part yes. I have read that the average width of masseter is around 10 mm on males. So what if you just want 5mm of width in your implant? Without this sinking you will end with some extra width for sure.
You don’t know how much of it will sink. If part of it is pushed out at the gonions, who knows if the muscle in front of that, at the depressed region, will be laying flat. The muscle is fairly stiff, and I doubt it’s contour will mold that precisely.

View attachment 1587097
bump high iq

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension