If you are serious about jaw surgery, you need to start reading orthognathic surgery textbooks

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
srs

downloaded and read a few jaw surgery textbooks yesterday and skipped the parts that were not relevant to me like the chapters on the actual surgical technique

speed read over the parts that were of some relevance and read the most important parts and surprisingly knew a lot of the stuff being discussed due to my time spent on PSL :lul: so I'm sure most of you guys would understand it no problem even though it is designed for maxillofacial surgeons

also helps to solidify the knowledge you have and makes sure that when you ask your surgeon for what you want done, you will be getting a more optimal result, and it doesnt take long to read them. like I said maybe a few hours per textbook if you speed read/skip over the non-relevant parts

some good textbooks to start with:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Pumanator, LooksmaxxHopeful and 2 others
Yeah, I've read like tons of medical books and the doctors still get pissed when I discuss stuff with them or question their diagnosis or treatments, they are like: "Do you went to medical school, do you have a diploma, huh??? I have a PhD buddy, do you even know what that is?", they are very arrogant and can't stand to be debated...

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Kmscurry, coolguy1, Danish_Retard and 6 others
Where do you download these?
My main question atm is how to avoid the increased nostril size, which seems to be quite common and looks fucking retarded in some cases

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
My main question atm is how to avoid the increased nostril size, which seems to be quite common and looks fucking retarded in some cases

libgen.is

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Surgery is cope

downloaded and read a few jaw surgery textbooks yesterday and skipped the parts that were not relevant to me like the chapters on the actual surgical technique

speed read over the parts that were of some relevance and read the most important parts and surprisingly knew a lot of the stuff being discussed due to my time spent on PSL :lul: so I'm sure most of you guys would understand it no problem even though it is designed for maxillofacial surgeons

also helps to solidify the knowledge you have and makes sure that when you ask your surgeon for what you want done, you will be getting a more optimal result, and it doesnt take long to read them. like I said maybe a few hours per textbook if you speed read/skip over the non-relevant parts

some good textbooks to start with:

View attachment 1237694

View attachment 1237695

View attachment 1237696

View attachment 1237697
Literally the guy who wrote the 2nd book botched someone on JSF. JFL if you think doing all your researching and telling the surgerin he they already knows will save you from being botched. :feelsrope:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Danish_Retard and lilhorizontal32
Yeah, I've read like tons of medical books and the doctors still get pissed when I discuss stuff with them or question their diagnosis or treatments, they are like: "Do you went to medical school, do you have a diploma, huh??? I have a PhD buddy, do you even know what that is?", they are very arrogant and can't stand to be debated...

that is in all professions though , go to a car mechanic and discuss technical terms he spouts the same bullshit about his experience yadayada

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Gonthar
I just googled the name of the textbook + pdf iirc and eventually found a link

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13367, thecel and Pumanator
Looksmax.org is going to a new levels. Future cosmetic surgeons in the making. Wish I was younger so I could choose a medical degree instead of a technical field haha and discuss more high iq stuff here.

yeah I use those terms too but I say that another surgeon told me about it and explained to me how this and that works.

otherwise they might think you have BDD because you've researched these procedures for a very long time and might feel that you think you know more than them which drives them mad, even when you make valid points and back up your claims

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Looksmax.org is going to a new levels. Future cosmetic surgeons in the making. Wish I was younger so I could choose a medical degree instead of a technical field haha and discuss more high iq stuff here.
its never too late. I have heard of people becoming doctors in their 30s

• Woah
Reactions: Pumanator
its never too late. I have heard of people becoming doctors in their 30s
Hmm I will think about it. Perhaps some evening school is fine and going for the slow route. In a few years.
The education will take me years. Already paying off my current student debt and don't weel like starting another one soon.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32