If you don’t fast on a regular basis, what the heck are you doing?

hmm, doesn't being less hungry equate to a lower metabolic rate though?
No. I suppose blood sugar regulation is more efficient if you're adapted to fasting. When you eat more frequently (depending on the type of food as well), your blood sugar will ride roller coaster. Excess insulin after meals high in sugar or insulin resistance can contribute to reactive hypoglycemia and make you hungry again soon after eating. Adrenaline and glucagon increase to keep your blood sugar stable when you fast

I honestly cannot focus when I'm fasted, serious. I've tried intermittent fasting for weeks but it's just not how my brain operates best. And I'm not pre-diabetic or anything weird like that either

My bodyfat % is around 14% now so it isn't bad but I do want to lose about 7-8 more pounds
As I said earlier, it isn't for everyone. If you feel better on a different eating schedule, stick to that

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
Have any of you had trouble sleeping during intermittent fasting? I think there is a study which says it can affect circadian cycles and also damage the thyroid gland.
Yes. That's why I eat at the earliest a few hours before going to bed. Problem solved

Its biological fact

if you starve, you get high energy and in hunter mode

if you feast, the body wants to lay down and preserve all the excess energy for later by letting insulin store it on your body

easy to grasp no? Simply do not eat, man humans are just trying to keep the cake and eat it literally

• +1
Reactions: Nation
Fasting seems like a meme to me. Don’t know anything about it so I might be wrong but I just know too many people who don’t do it and still are healthy, extremely good at sports etc

Fasting seems like a meme to me. Don’t know anything about it so I might be wrong but I just know too many people who don’t do it and still are healthy, extremely good at sports etc
It's just a tool. Not a miracle method that'll cure cancer or turn you into Chad overnight. Think of it like exercise. Not for your muscles but for metabolic flexibility and resistance to stressful conditions. It teaches your body to be more efficient at regulating blood sugar levels, stimulates autophagy and pathways associated with longevity while reducing those linked to abnormal growth, improves inflammatory markers, not to mention that it teaches you willpower and discipline

A few thoughts. You seem more knowledgable then me so what do u think of these:

1) I do track my calories and macros, and I heavily relate to your issue of overeating and then compensating by undereating/cardio on other days.

2) OMAD isn't optimal for muscle mass because you aren't having effective muscle protein synthesis at multiple times per day, and also the body won't absorb more than 50g protein off one meal.

3) You said you would eat your OMAD a few hours before bed. Surely this is just dumb. Especially on a calorie deficit, I always eat an hour before gym/cardio because the meal gives me a nice energy boost; I find training fasted very hard and feel very lethargic if i havent eaten for say 6+ hours. Additionally, spiking insulin and having thermogenic effect of food before bed ruins your sleep quality.

Sorry, reason i'm asking is we seem to suffer some of the same problems and OMAD works for you to solve them, so maybe ill try it

Definitely. I find eating early in the day AND too frequently makes me tired and lazy.

Eating food in and of itself is quite dopaminergic. The whole "fast & feast" type approach won't only just help you lose weight but will also help correct your brain's pleasure response (imo).

What happens when you fap multiple times a day? You feel like shit ofc. Same thing goes for eating. If you can eat less frequently, and only when required WHILST eating healthy foods and never snacking etc, you'll feel far more productive and content as long as you're not desperately hungry throughout the day. But you can train yourself to not being hungry when it isn't needed by monitoring your blood glucose levels.

The fast & feast approach to eating is rooted in our physiology too. Hunter gatherers used to exert themselves and hunt their food during the day JUST SO THEY COULD eat at the end of the day.

Obviously we don't need to hunt but we should be doing productive things throughout the day and eating after we get our work done. Not the other way around.

Benefits you can expect when in a fasted state: (wrote this a while ago. more specific info about AMPK signalling ITT)

I do nofap for 4 days then I fap 4/5 times in one day and feel like shit jfl hahaha help

• JFL
Reactions: .👽.