If you don’t fast on a regular basis, what the heck are you doing?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I have so much more mental clarity when I do OMAD and fast for the majority of the day, compared to eating three or more meals per day. It also makes it much easier to stay disciplined and abstain from overeating. I took a diet break for two weeks recently and felt 10x worse physically and mentally. Of course, I also ate way too much. Having breakfast/more than two meals per day isn‘t sustainable for me personally if I want to stay very lean. I never want to go back to a regular eating schedule. My body seems to operate way less efficiently when eating normally. Intermittent fasting is one of the best cognitive enhancers and mood boosters imo and a powerful hormetic stimulus

@Seth Walsh am I right?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24347, Chadethnic101, thegoat and 13 others
I have so much more mental clarity when I do OMAD and fast for the majority of the day, compared to eating three or more meals per day. It also makes it much easier to stay disciplined and abstain from overeating. I took a diet break for two weeks recently and felt 10x worse physically and mentally. Of course, I also ate way too much. Having breakfast/more than two meals per day isn‘t sustainable for me personally if I want to stay very lean. I never want to go back to a regular eating schedule. My body seems to operate way less efficiently when eating normally. Intermittent fasting is one of the best cognitive enhancers and mood boosters imo and a powerful hormetic stimulus

@Seth Walsh am I right?
Definitely. I find eating early in the day AND too frequently makes me tired and lazy.

Eating food in and of itself is quite dopaminergic. The whole "fast & feast" type approach won't only just help you lose weight but will also help correct your brain's pleasure response (imo).

What happens when you fap multiple times a day? You feel like shit ofc. Same thing goes for eating. If you can eat less frequently, and only when required WHILST eating healthy foods and never snacking etc, you'll feel far more productive and content as long as you're not desperately hungry throughout the day. But you can train yourself to not being hungry when it isn't needed by monitoring your blood glucose levels.

The fast & feast approach to eating is rooted in our physiology too. Hunter gatherers used to exert themselves and hunt their food during the day JUST SO THEY COULD eat at the end of the day.

Obviously we don't need to hunt but we should be doing productive things throughout the day and eating after we get our work done. Not the other way around.

Benefits you can expect when in a fasted state: (wrote this a while ago. more specific info about AMPK signalling ITT)

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Leap, Baldingman1998, Deleted member 5786 and 5 others
I feel best eating and snacking all through the day

• Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Looks234, Deleted member 3828 and 189

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Deleted member 7224 and lutte
Definitely. I find eating early in the day AND too frequently makes me tired and lazy.

Eating food in and of itself is quite dopaminergic. The whole "fast & feast" type approach won't only just help you lose weight but will also help correct your brain's pleasure response (imo).

What happens when you fap multiple times a day? You feel like shit ofc. Same thing goes for eating. If you can eat less frequently, and only when required WHILST eating healthy foods and never snacking etc, you'll feel far more productive and content as long as you're not desperately hungry throughout the day. But you can train yourself to not being hungry when it isn't needed by monitoring your blood glucose levels.

The fast & feast approach to eating is rooted in our physiology too. Hunter gatherers used to exert themselves and hunt their food during the day JUST SO THEY COULD eat at the end of the day.

Obviously we don't need to hunt but we should be doing productive things throughout the day and eating after we get our work done. Not the other way around.

Benefits you can expect when in a fasted state: (wrote this a while ago. more specific info about AMPK signalling ITT)

High IQ

It's fine if you're still a teenager or going through puberty. Becomes a problem when you become an adult. Idk what age you are but my response was tailored to @Bewusst just because I know his general age range.

I don't believe in any type of diets/fasting for teens because there's a chance that growth can be maxxed out by keeping growth pathways as active as possible during puberty, which makes sense ig... Fasting shuts down anabolism in general which really isn't ideal if you're still growing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403

Exactly. Autophagy, better blood sugar regulation, less inflammation and much more... Controlled fasting has countless of benefits, many of which probably haven‘t even been discovered yet

• +1
Reactions: sorrowfulsad and Seth Walsh
light meals are the best, fasting is good but after 3 days you will start starving.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Exactly. Autophagy, better blood sugar regulation, less inflammation and much more... Controlled fasting has countless of benefits, many of which probably haven‘t even been discovered yet
Yeah and I suspect periods of fasting have a positive effect on the dopamine system. Gonna have to look into it more but I'm genuinely convinced there's a change in neurochemistry whilst fasting (unrelated to AMPK or anything you mentioned).

It's also well known that periods of fasting cause higher levels of catecholamines in the brain and blood (dopamine, norepinephrine, cortisol) due to the stress of hunger. But as you said you can control said stress and make it a hormetic practice.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
light meals are the best, fasting is good but after 3 days you will start starving.
Nonsense. I‘ve been doing intermittent fasting for years and OMAD for months and I feel less hangry and have less cravings than I do when I eat normally. You just gotta take your time to get used to it, gradually extend your fasting window and eat properly when you do. Once your body adapts, it‘ll be as easy as brushing your teeth

Edit: Only just saw you were referring to extended fasts that last for several days. That‘s not what I was talking about. Prolonged fasts have their place as well but shouldn‘t be done too often. Intermittent fasting (as in one meal a day or alternate day fasting, for instance) on the other hand is easy to sustain in the long term, with no ill effects

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: R@m@ and Deleted member 756

@Seth Walsh am I right?
Yeah, food is funny. I've realized that I'm not as hungry as I feel. I just want to eat sh*t food. When there isn't any sh*t food to be had I don't feel hungry anymore.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756 and Bewusst
I felt horrible when I did OMAD, I’m not a snake to eat that way

Yeah, food is funny. I've realized that I'm not as hungry as I feel. I just want to eat sh*t food. When there isn't any sh*t food to be had I don't feel hungry anymore.
I‘m an all or nothing type of guy too. When I allow myself to eat whenever and whatever I want like the average person, I‘m just as, if not more vulnerable to binge eating/psychological eating, telling myself „this tastes awesome. Fuck it, I‘ll have another one and just eat less tomorrow“ until I‘m about to burst. Having a strict routine that keeps my body accustomed to being fasted for most of the time prevents me from throwing my good intentions out of the window

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002
Yeah i do 20/4 . I once did a 48 fast, will probably do a 5 day fast yearly , and daily 20/4 intermittent fasting.

Bdnf increases resulting in neuroplasticity.

There is a study though on guinea pigs , and collagen drops 70 percent after 24 hours , so a more conservative one like 18/6 would be better. It is just one study though.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and Deleted member 756
I do 16:8
Previously did omad which worked like charm but induced severe nutritional deficiencies.

After doing IF omad for 2 months, I lost a lot of weight but also got asthma, pounding pulsation, and a lot of nasty stuff.

Then I learned about nutrition, now slowly fixing my rekt body. It's been a rocky journey.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and Deleted member 756
b-but where you get all of your nutritions and vitamins?

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
I felt horrible when I did OMAD, I’m not a snake to eat that way
For how long did you try it? How much/little relative to your TDEE did you eat and at what time of the day? What did your meals look like?

I always do 18/6 or 20/4, and it makes me feel so much better. People scold me for not eating 5 meals a day and say I starve myself, but are they fucking retarded? I have found what works for me and my weight, and I just feel better, and my weight remains stable because of it, and with lifting the bodyfat decreases as well

• +1
Yeah i do 20/4 . I once did a 48 fast, will probably do a 5 day fast yearly , and daily 20/4 intermittent fasting.

Bdnf increases resulting in neuroplasticity.

There is a study though on guinea pigs , and collagen drops 70 percent after 24 hours , so a more conservative one like 18/6 would be better. It is just one study though.
I've done many 2-3 day long fasts and my appetite was rarely an issue but I usually start feeling like shit physically (weakness, no energy etc.) after two days. But then again, I still haven't recovered completely from iatrogenic botulism, which could be contributing to these issues

I do 16:8
Previously did omad which worked like charm but induced severe nutritional deficiencies.

After doing IF omad for 2 months, I lost a lot of weight but also got asthma, pounding pulsation, and a lot of nasty stuff.

Then I learned about nutrition, now slowly fixing my rekt body. It's been a rocky journey.
Have you tried eating more balanced or using supplements? It can be hard to get enough micronutrients from a single meal but it's still possible if you plan out your meals/supplementation properly. Especially potassium, choline and vitamin C often fall short on any restrictive diet

Since late 2017 everyday I've been only eating in 2-4 hour windows, sometimes I go a couple days with no food to prolong fast.

I once read a study stating that fasting also promotes cell regeneration in your whole body and brain cells
this study made me water fast every sunday now cause I want to repair my drug fried brain :Comfy:
DE47BB98 F57F 4CB6 B670 DDFC9B01BA66

• +1
Doesn't work for me because i ingest 160g of protein daily for gym gains and that protein all at once won't be absorbed efficiently, and also i can't study if im not eating some fruits or healthy carbs every 90 minutes

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Since late 2017 everyday I've been only eating in 2-4 hour windows, sometimes I go a couple days with no food to prolong fast.
How long is your fasting window usually? That's more relevant imo. Also make sure to get enough nutrition when you eat. You can go overboard with fasting too, as with anything else. You may want to consider doing a diet break once in a while (maintenance calories, high carb for a couple of weeks) to increase basal metabolic rate and lean tissue retention

What do you eat on that one meal then? How can a dude eat nearly 3000kcal on one meal, unless that meal is jar of nutella?

It's fine if you're still a teenager or going through puberty. Becomes a problem when you become an adult. Idk what age you are but my response was tailored to @Bewusst just because I know his general age range.

I don't believe in any type of diets/fasting for teens because there's a chance that growth can be maxxed out by keeping growth pathways as active as possible during puberty, which makes sense ig... Fasting shuts down anabolism in general which really isn't ideal if you're still growing.
I've tried intermittent fasting, no benefits for me, feel better eating like I do now, a lot and clean

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
I've tried intermittent fasting, no benefits for me, feel better eating like I do now, a lot and clean
You probably didn't get enough eaten. Our ancestors ate whatever they could catch instantly, and then go days without eating like at all running mouth watering behind some deer.
They were all on same shape like top tier runners nowadays, dead srs.

You probably didn't get enough eaten. Our ancestors ate whatever they could catch instantly, and then go days without eating like at all running mouth watering behind some deer.
They were all on same shape like top tier runners nowadays, dead srs.
I ate 4k calories yesterday :feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: BigBiceps
Have you tried eating more balanced or using supplements? It can be hard to get enough micronutrients from a single meal but it's still possible if you plan out your meals/supplementation properly. Especially potassium, choline and vitamin C often fall short on any restrictive diet
Yes I started doing it, started supplementing + eating good non allergen food.
Already seeing some improvements

I once read a study stating that fasting also promotes cell regeneration in your whole body and brain cells
this study made me water fast every sunday now cause I want to repair my drug fried brain :Comfy:
View attachment 1365862
I'm afraid fasting only for a day per week won't make much of a difference. If you want to support autophagy, you need to do longer fasts. Daily shorter fasts as in ADF, 16/8, warrior diet etc. can still be beneficial tho. If you want to try IF, start skipping breakfast and have your first meal around lunch time. Then you gradually extend your fasting and shorten your eating window as much as you're comfortable with. You may experience minor blood sugar fluctuations in the beginning that will sort themselves out quickly but you're probably used to that already from your once weekly fasts. If IF makes you feel unwell or sick, stop doing it. It isn't for everyone

under 180 so over anyway
How are u a swede and under 180cm wtf?
I thought you were 187cm or something like that...

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and lutte
i swear to god I feel like I look 10x better on days im deep into a fast — glowing skin and eyes n nicer looking face. No way it can be in my head

• +1
How long is your fasting window usually? That's more relevant imo.
Usually 20 hours to 22 hours of fasting every day.
Also make sure to get enough nutrition when you eat. You can go overboard with fasting too, as with anything else. You may want to consider doing a diet break once in a while (maintenance calories, high carb for a couple of weeks) to increase basal metabolic rate and lean tissue retention
I've been fasting like this for years, I hope I didn't already mess up my metabolism. I'm worried if I stop fasting a couple weeks and eating lots of carbs I'll get fat. I work out 3 times a week so maybe the carbs would give me a boost to get more lean tissue. How many times a year should you take breaks from fasting to keep your metabolism high?

Nonsense. I‘ve been doing intermittent fasting for years and OMAD for months and I feel less hangry and have less cravings than I do when I eat normally.
hmm, doesn't being less hungry equate to a lower metabolic rate though?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7224
hmm, doesn't being less hungry equate to a lower metabolic rate though?
Hello kj, my forum doctor. Any supplements I can take to prevent face bloating while injecting test? Im taking cream of tartar for potassium already.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Hello kj, my forum doctor. Any supplements I can take to prevent face bloating while injecting test? Im taking cream of tartar for potassium already.
I don't see why T alone would bloat you, I'd assume the bloating is from T aromatizing into estrogen. Salt, sugar, aspirin and pregnenolone should help.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7224

yea thats not hunger, its dopa addiction thru carbs

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer and Deleted member 12002
I honestly cannot focus when I'm fasted, serious. I've tried intermittent fasting for weeks but it's just not how my brain operates best. And I'm not pre-diabetic or anything weird like that either

My bodyfat % is around 14% now so it isn't bad but I do want to lose about 7-8 more pounds

Have any of you had trouble sleeping during intermittent fasting? I think there is a study which says it can affect circadian cycles and also damage the thyroid gland.

Have any of you had trouble sleeping during intermittent fasting? I think there is a study which says it can affect circadian cycles and also damage the thyroid gland.

its slightly harder to sleep when starving

body wants to go hunt food

thats why fasting is best during the night and day time, taking in meals during when youre most hungry. Which is.. After exercise - and towards the afternoon/eve.

You insulin is also more primed at the second or third meal so break fast with only protein and fats. carbs should then be best at dinner/eve as a second meal, also giving you satiety to sleep.

Obviously, eat only leafy greens and natural found carbs if possible. They can be eaten in huge quantity and fills your stomach up.

This is my current theory.

Last edited:
I've been fasting like this for years, I hope I didn't already mess up my metabolism. I'm worried if I stop fasting a couple weeks and eating lots of carbs I'll get fat. I work out 3 times a week so maybe the carbs would give me a boost to get more lean tissue. How many times a year should you take breaks from fasting to keep your metabolism high?
You're not gonna get fat if you eat around maintenance. Carbs don't make you fat, caloric surplus does. For optimal metabolism and lean tissue preservation you'd need to frequently alternate between periods of calorie restriction and diet breaks (couple weeks deficit, couple weeks maintenance, repeat) but no need to do that imo. Just don't undereat, keep your deficit small and take a break from dieting when you go on holidays for instance or spend time with your loved ones at Christmas. How often comes down to your goals, discipline and personal preference. There's no right or wrong way. You also don't have to stop fasting during a diet break. Experiment a little to find out what suits you best

• +1
Reactions: RobticaI
You're not gonna get fat if you eat around maintenance. Carbs don't make you fat, caloric surplus does. For optimal metabolism and lean tissue preservation you'd need to frequently alternate between periods of calorie restriction and diet breaks (couple weeks deficit, couple weeks maintenance, repeat) but no need to do that imo. Just don't undereat, keep your deficit small and take a break from dieting when you go on holidays for instance or spend time with your loved ones at Christmas. How often comes down to your goals, discipline and personal preference. There's no right or wrong way. You also don't have to stop fasting during a diet break. Experiment a little to find out what suits you best
Thanks a lot for clarifying. I think my body is used to only 2000 calories per day because that's what I've been feeding it the past years. If I tried to do 2000 calories of mainly carbs it will be harder for me because carbs make me hungrier than fats and proteins. I used to try and "trick" my metabolism by doing some fasting days and some non fasting days, but it always makes fasting very hard because my body never got used to it until I fasted every day. I get a big eating deficit sometimes and go a lot below 2000 calories a day when I do prolonged fasts or only feel like eating one meal instead of two in my daily three hour eating window. I'm not very skinny, I have muscles and am lean. I think I have an ok body and don't want to be too muscley.

• +1