If your black should u always get dreads?

changemywayz

changemywayz

Iron
So I'm wondering because my headshape works well with a fade but dreads seems to be to be really good among girls and the female gaze, unfortunately for them to look really good it takes a long time for them to grow and so also (depending on how you go about it) u will have to go through the "ugly stage" which is like 2 months atleast so I'm wondering, if ur black and young could u still get a taper fade and still look really good without having to get braids and dreads or is it truly worth it to wait for them to grow?

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy
If you don't look like cuffem.. then yes

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69, anitalooksmax, Jaded and 2 others
I don’t really fw dreads all like that tbh I’m more of a braids type of nigga

• +1
Reactions: Jeww, smallman and changemywayz
Honestly it kinda just depends on your overall situation like your type and area, for me my parents are African and would disown me if I got dreads so I gotta get a taper which I haven't even done yet jfl. As for what women would like that depends on area, some would rather want a taperfade with good style or full-on thugmax with dreads, it all depends. Ive seen some shitty dreads that got a lot better over time so yeah id do it before uni if I was looking to get dreads. You can take the hit in highschool and have full potential dreads in first year

Honestly it kinda just depends on your overall situation like your type and area, for me my parents are African and would disown me if I got dreads so I gotta get a taper which I haven't even done yet jfl. As for what women would like that depends on area, some would rather want a taperfade with good style or full-on thugmax with dreads, it all depends. Ive seen some shitty dreads that got a lot better over time so yeah id do it before uni if I was looking to get dreads. You can take the hit in highschool and have full potential dreads in first year
yeah I was thinking the same thing tbh. I'm 17 rn so if I was to get them now and take the hit for senior yr rn then wait, I could really slay for my college yrs especially if I gymmaxx bc by then they'll have length plus my parents dont give a shit so yh I might just say fuck it and get them

• +1
Reactions: 0S4MA
So I'm wondering because my headshape works well with a fade but dreads seems to be to be really good among girls and the female gaze, unfortunately for them to look really good it takes a long time for them to grow and so also (depending on how you go about it) u will have to go through the "ugly stage" which is like 2 months atleast so I'm wondering, if ur black and young could u still get a taper fade and still look really good without having to get braids and dreads or is it truly worth it to wait for them to grow?
imagine crying about a few months. Really the only thing that matter is your hairline so make sure that doesn't get wacked. If you have perfect dreads its a halo but its unlikely they will consistently look perfect

yeah I was thinking the same thing tbh. I'm 17 rn so if I was to get them now and take the hit for senior yr rn then wait, I could really slay for my college yrs especially if I gymmaxx bc by then they'll have length plus my parents dont give a shit so yh I might just say fuck it and get them
im 17 too and i was considering your plan till my dad caught me subconsciously twirling my hair bitching at me thinking I was tryna get curls or some shit lmao. African old heads don't like American blacks neither do they like any of the culture so dreads, curls, twists, any black mogger haircut is off the table. The only cut I was allowed for years was the smash bros cut

imagine crying about a few months. Really the only thing that matter is your hairline so make sure that doesn't get wacked. If you have perfect dreads its a halo but its unlikely they will consistently look perfect
I havent heard too much about dread maintenance but I have heard a taper fro needs constant line ups and shit after some weeks to look decent

Depends on if your norwooding or not

• JFL
Reactions: changemywayz
just get anything other than a fade or an afro

why not a fade

afros look like shit thats why hair that drapes is just more aesthethic

I meant taper fade like something like this for blacks

Attachments

• image_2024-04-03_175837422.png
    image_2024-04-03_175837422.png
    737.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image_2024-04-03_175932441.png
    image_2024-04-03_175932441.png
    787.4 KB · Views: 0

absolutely brutal

• JFL
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon
if you do start with two strand twists, it’ll look a lot better than normal starters.

Ik but coils seems to give u the better end results, most of the dudes on tiktok started with those
depends on if your hair is already long, most of them probably got them when they were young or still had short hair.

• +1
depends on if your hair is already long, most of them probably got them when they were young or still had short hair.
yeah but I recently cut off my starter locs like 5 months ago and been growing it back since so my hair is short anyway. though I guess technically in my case it doesn't matter what I get because if ur hair is short both are going to look shit regardless.

yeah but I recently cut off my starter locs like 5 months ago and been growing it back since so my hair is short anyway. though I guess technically in my case it doesn't matter what I get because if ur hair is short both are going to look shit regardless.
since your hairs short just get normal starters, two strand takes longer but obviously looks better on long hair, better to just get it out of the way quickly. How come you cut off your starters?

since your hairs short just get normal starters, two strand takes longer but obviously looks better on long hair, better to just get it out of the way quickly. How come you cut off your starters?
had a shitty loctition and thought I wanted braids after jfl, though tbf I shouldve did more research on locs in general before jumping straight into it

Last edited:
Jeremy meeks

Low taper fade with front taper) aka Jude Bellingham cut

Medium taper fade afro

Buzzcut fade

Box Braids

Cornrow Braids

Bald (best one)

These are the go to hairstyles imo apart from dreads, should just pick one that looks best for your faceshape tbh. For me that is the low taper fade with a front taper (like Jude Bellingham).

View attachment 2859994
Low taper fade with front taper) aka Jude Bellingham cut

View attachment 2859996
Medium taper fade afro

View attachment 2859997
Buzzcut fade

View attachment 2860000
Box Braids

View attachment 2860002
Cornrow Braids

View attachment 2860004
Bald (best one)

These are the go to hairstyles imo apart from dreads, should just pick one that looks best for your faceshape tbh. For me that is the low taper fade with a front taper (like Jude Bellingham).
jfl at so. Idk though all of those look "hood" to me and even dreads outside the tiktok niche dont really mog as much as ppl think unless your a thugmaxxed nigga and the girls I want arent rlly in to that, I'm thinking of getting twist/braids like BGM (his old ones) and sticking with that so I could still take my hair out and bounce between curly hair and twist

tbh I was thinking this too. full head thin locs might have wide spread appeal since its basically the black version of a good tiktok gazed hair style for blacks w/o it being too hood like mid-big length locs( if there maintained nd ur prettyboymaxxed) also idk why my shit bold wtf jfl

• +1
Reactions: Angutoid
tbh I was thinking this too. full head thin locs might have wide spread appeal since its basically the black version of a good tiktok gazed hair style for blacks w/o it being too hood like mid-big length locs( if there maintained nd ur prettyboymaxxed) also idk why my shit bold wtf jfl
these typa locs make an average nigga attractive

• +1
rs if u add low bf%, coloring and stylemaxxing with it u can be insane. literally could fraud being a HTN lol

Angutoid btw do u think black locs are better than colored? with shin coloring u could appear whiter so I feel like dark locs would be more appealing since there more dom in a sense and would contrast better with black ppl coloring (if they coloredmaxxed) but what r ur thoughts?​

get starter locs and then u can braid ur locs into protective styles as u grow them. barrel twists, two strand twists etc.

get them this thickness and try grow a fullhead, if u want to look good as you growing them then get a low taper and go to a black barber dont go to some shit ahh jawn like supercuts

yes dreads are like a fucking superpower. ascends you from sub 5 to chad instantly