I'm about to start my IPL "permanent" facial hair removal tomorrow

P

Prettyboy

Banned
First I will undergo a trial done on a 3x3 cm area of skin to determine the effectiveness of the laser.

I'm optimistic, since IPL supposedly works best for people with light skin and dark hair follicles (as it works by the hair's melanin absorbing the laser's light and heating up) and I happen to be naturally pale with dark brown facial hair.:
1.jpg
3-768x440.jpg

Results vary from people to people, but generally speaking aroung 6-8 treatments is enough to make the hair gone or reduce it by a great margin. I'll be doing both my cheeks, jaw and the front of my neck:
NHD71FUmq3XohXmxjm3ocAe2VH0QdP5n7DlDHXHn.png
HAVYnPP7nAz0Fphfs82rwUl1HGBsgjOHivAHyv72.png

Will see how it goes. I'm looking forward to ditch shaving and the skin irritation coming from it. This will be part of my eternal early 20s looksmaxing plan, in which I'll attempt to keep my current look with angular clean shaven jawline for as long as possible in the years to come.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: redmaxx, Deleted member 5815, Deleted member 20422 and 29 others
First I will undergo a trial done on a 3x3 cm area of skin to determine the effectiveness of the laser.

I'm optimistic, since IPL supposedly works best for people with light skin and dark hair follicles (as it works by the hair's melanin absorbing the laser's light and heating up) and I happen to be naturally pale with dark brown facial hair.:
1.jpg
3-768x440.jpg

Results vary from people to people, but generally speaking aroung 6-8 treatments is enough to make the hair gone or reduce it by a great margin. I'll be doing both my cheeks, jaw and the front of my neck:

Will see how it goes. I'm looking forward to ditch shaving and the skin irritation coming from it. This will be part of my eternal early 20s looksmaxing plan, in which I'll attempt to keep my current look with angular clean shaven jawline for as long as possible in the years to come.
Please update! I'm also legit thinking of doing this since I prefer a prettyboy look yet I have insane beard genetics...

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: mogging, A23ghskung, Deleted member 15827 and 9 others
5 o clock shadow mogs

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: wittyname438, mogging, Hero of the Imperium and 14 others
Please update! I'm also legit thinking of doing this since I prefer a prettyboy look yet I have insane beard genetics...
I think this is an extremely neglected part of looksmaxing. Any kind of facial hair kills all prettyboy appeal and youthfullness, which is suifuel for people like us

I am aware that IPL might or might not work and it isn’t necessarily permanent. As a plan B, if IPL doesn’t work for me, I’ll do electrolysis facial hair removal. That shit is expensive and slow (0.12€ / hair follicle where I live - they have to be removed one by one), but it’s guaranteed to work

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: mogging, A23ghskung, Deleted member 15827 and 6 others
I think this is an extremely neglected part of looksmaxing. Any kind of facial hair kills all prettyboy appeal and youthfullness, which is suifuel for people like us

I am aware that IPL might or might not work and it isn’t necessarily permanent. As a plan B, if IPL doesn’t work for me, I’ll do electrolysis facial hair removal. That shit is expensive and slow (0.12€ / hair follicle where I live - they have to be removed one by one), but it’s guaranteed to work
thanks for the heads up!
the reason i'm going for a more prettyboy look is because many middle-class uni/uni grad women seem to prefer this look - also i think it ties in with my features more. luckily my gf is a maths grad
it's just that i have insane beard growing genetics that ruins everything lul

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, AscendingHero and Prettyboy
5 o clock shadow mogs
It doesn’t matches my personality nor my future work environment

Plus I’m on the opinion that it’s roastie magnet which I would like to a avoid if possible
410107-bcfcd39d62ff8a596a03978233f9ba5b.jpg

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: mogging, Deprived, chemosh and 12 others

Plus I’m on the opinion that it’s roastie magnet which I would like to a avoid if possible
ew u picked the worst looking guy with it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mogging and Prettyboy

what about when ur older and want a mature look

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
  • +1
Reactions: redmaxx, Deprived, Mouthbreath and 7 others
thanks for the heads up!
the reason i'm going for a more prettyboy look is because many middle-class uni/uni grad women seem to prefer this look - also i think it ties in with my features more. luckily my gf is a maths grad
it's just that i have insane beard growing genetics that ruins everything lul
ive noticed this as well.

a lot of the gl girls at my college are going for prettyboys, many of who barely have any body hair at all. thinking of getting rid of it all especially as I am pretty hairy

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deprived, EverythingMattersCel, Deleted member and 6 others

1.jpg
3-768x440.jpg

Is this irreversible? I don't know, I think you might regret it.

At a certain point a light stubble is going to be a bonus. And if the problem is the shaving and the irritation, look into ways to solve that. Like there are routines for the skin, there are routines for beard care.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Mateusz74, TurkishAscender and 3 others

did it work?

how much u paid in total?

facial hair falos me hard as well i look like a subhuman and i dont want to shave daily it's expensive since i buy a new razor blade every time and it's like $100 a month

• +1
Reactions: redmaxx, A23ghskung, TheLordMadness and 2 others
@volcelfatcel

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
Bump for updates

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
@Prettyboy thoughts on doing something like this , but for the entire body? Body hair looks disgusting and hides your muscle definition

• +1
Reactions: Deprived, Deleted member 16110, Prettyboy and 2 others
I don’t really understand. You’re already very committed to looksmaxxing with your diet, supplements, etc. Why couldn’t shaving be another thing you do in your routine. I’d much rather shave everyday and have the option to grow a beard at any point than to never have the opportunity to grow one.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: mogging, Traxanas, Mateusz74 and 12 others
Is this irreversible? I don't know, I think you might regret it.
Answer I wrote in another thread:
EBCEEC1D B8FF 482F 9D73 71D7674A5963

Depends on the person. For young men it’s a possibility that the hair will regrow years later. Really no answer that fits all regarding this one

did it work?

how much u paid in total?

facial hair falos me hard as well i look like a subhuman and i dont want to shave daily it's expensive since i buy a new razor blade every time and it's like $100 a month
@Prettyboy thoughts on doing something like this , but for the entire body? Body hair looks disgusting and hides your muscle definition
Bump for updates
So the update

I done the first session after posting this thread and got work done on my whole lower third + the front of my neck:
D2B08782 7DB6 416B 92FC 92BAFFEF0FE9

My expectations were correct, it did work, since I have light skin (low melanin) contrasted by dark brown terminal hair (high melanin). Some hair follicles started to fall out in the following fortnight, which I further helped by exfoliating like a rabid dog. A single session cost me 50$ and a rational estimate is 8 session to completely remove or weaken hair so doing face would cost me around 400$ in Central Europe

But I didnt go forward with IPL on my face, instead drew up a new plan:

1) get bodyhair removed by a professional using IPL on bodyparts which I cannot manually access: glutes, hamstrings, ass cheeks, back of neck, top of back

2) buy an IPL device (400-600$) and remove all other bodyhair on parts which I can do manually myself, like legs, calves, abs, arms, chest. The device would save me a ton of money on the long run since getting all bodyparts done by a professional would be thousands of dollars

3) I stopped IPLing my face for now, instead I bought an epilator and I keep baby smooth skin with that instead
E3921A7F A593 44CB B160 CDE0FAA624E8

The epilator significantly weaken facial hair but this way I preserve my facial hair follicles for an unlikely, although possible stubble in my 30-40s or for future hair transplant if needed

• +1
Reactions: mogging, Lmao, HQNPmaxxing and 3 others
Answer I wrote in another thread:
View attachment 1505721
Depends on the person. For young men it’s a possibility that the hair will regrow years later. Really no answer that fits all regarding this one

So the update

I done the first session after posting this thread and got work done on my whole lower third + the front of my neck:
View attachment 1505727
My expectations were correct, it did work, since I have light skin (low melanin) contrasted by dark brown terminal hair (high melanin). Some hair follicles started to fall out in the following fortnight, which I further helped by exfoliating like a rabid dog. A single session cost me 50$ and a rational estimate is 8 session to completely remove or weaken hair so doing face would cost me around 400$ in Central Europe

But I didnt go forward with IPL on my face, instead drew up a new plan:

1) get bodyhair removed by a professional using IPL on bodyparts which I cannot manually access: glutes, hamstrings, ass cheeks, back of neck, top of back

2) buy an IPL device (400-600$) and remove all other bodyhair on parts which I can do manually myself, like legs, calves, abs, arms, chest. The device would save me a ton of money on the long run since getting all bodyparts done by a professional would be thousands of dollars

3) I stopped IPLing my face for now, instead I bought an epilator and I keep baby smooth skin with that instead
View attachment 1507202

The epilator significantly weaken facial hair but this way I preserve my facial hair follicles for an unlikely, although possible stubble in my 30-40s or for future hair transplant if needed
clean shaven in ur teens and 20s, stubble in ur 30/40's alternating with clean shaven if u have the youthful features to pull it off.

Never go more than that, you should have a proper jawline that should be showing for max appeal tbh

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mogging, Danish_Retard and Prettyboy
View attachment 1507202

What do you do to avoid ingrown hairs, small pimples and redness?
Specially on the neck, the skin usually is very sensitive there, even with a razor i get mild irritation in that area. I have tried epilator once in my arms, and my skin reacted very badly...

Any creams or topical? Any advice?

• +1
What do you do to avoid ingrown hairs, small pimples and redness?
Specially on the neck, the skin usually is very sensitive there, even with a razor i get mild irritation in that area. I have tried epilator once in my arms, and my skin reacted very badly...

Any creams or topical? Any advice?
Well regarding the process of epilating itself, I try to prevent those by:
  • Epilating the hairs when they are 2-3mm long
  • Exfoliating beforehand
  • Making sure the epilator is perfectly perpendicular to my skin at all times
  • Wet epilating; I do it in the shower by pouring shampoo onto the device as added lotion
  • I use a powerful epilator. Ingrown hairs are often cause by improper cutting, which is the trait of weaker epilators
Other than that I follow a skincare routine in general:
https://looksmax.org/threads/guide-on-achieving-model-tier-skin.430153/

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao and tiagomiguel
good luck with it man and keep us updated! i'm starting this shit next month (full beard removal)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Prettyboy
Update: IPL journey going well, currently removing hair from my butt and hamstrings. Already had 3 sessions in 2022, few more to go. After that is done, I won'T have bodyparts left that are hard to do myself.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, xanny, Xangsane and 1 other person
Update: IPL journey going well, currently removing hair from my butt and hamstrings. Already had 3 sessions in 2022, few more to go. After that is done, I won'T have bodyparts left that are hard to do myself.
yo bro mirin ur dedication and high iq

Did you go thru with facial hair removal?

I plan on doing electrosis soon since when I can only pull when I’m clean shaven

Me and @Xangsane are cursed with superior arab beard genetics :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

It’s such a fucking curse

• So Sad
Reactions: Prettyboy and Xangsane

I plan on doing electrosis soon since when I can only pull when I’m clean shaven

Me and @Xangsane are cursed with superior arab beard genetics :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

Yeah. I'm definitely thinking of laser treatment.
I have to shave twice a day and it HURTS LIKE HELL.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Prettyboy and Deleted member
Yeah. I'm definitely thinking of laser treatment.
I have to shave twice a day and it HURTS LIKE HELL.
I legit have a grey 5 o clock shadow at 18 :feelsrope:

Is there any way to eliminate this?

I need prettyboy skin

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane

I put facial on hold for now, instead have been epilating my face since november

I'm currently focusing IPL on bodyhair , then will see with some time if the epilating can purge facial hair (for now it certainly weakens it)
I have to shave twice a day
:dafuckfeels:
Its over

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Xangsane and Deleted member
I put facial on hold for now, instead have been epilating my face since november

I'm currently focusing IPL on bodyhair , then will see with some time if the epilating can purge facial hair (for now it certainly weakens it)

Wtf:dafuckfeels:
Its over
Yeah. I keep getting 5 o clock shadows.

• So Sad
Crazy man.

i've been considering a facial hair transplant to GIVE me facial hair lol

(ps - early days, but my hair transplant 5 months back looks to possibly be a big success! I got it done super cheap too so very happy and lucky there! I was expecting the worst)

But yeah, i'm oldcel now and have like zero facial hair. It's nuts. Assumed it must mean non existant T levels, but had them checked and they're OK

• +1
why haven’t I thought of electroysis?
Apparently it eliminates facial hair forever

I legit have a grey 5 o clock shadow at 18 :feelsrope:

Is there any way to eliminate this?

I need prettyboy skin
I'm gonna grow out my beard and ask for laser treatment in the meantime

Crazy man.

i've been considering a facial hair transplant to GIVE me facial hair lol

(ps - early days, but my hair transplant 5 months back looks to possibly be a big success! I got it done super cheap too so very happy and luck there!)

But yeah, i'm oldcel now and have like zero facial hair. It's nuts. Assumed it must mean non existant T levels, but had them checked and they're OK
lucky fuck

How can I cope :feelswah:

• JFL
why haven’t I thought of electroysis?
Apparently it eliminates facial hair forever
It does, permanently

But it's done one by one, one hair follicle after another one. So in turn it's not only expensive but very time consuming too

I have a question, since you go the prettyboy route, do you also eliminate body hair? if so, would this procedure work for other parts of the body? recently I have been growing A LOT of body hair and shaving is becoming a hassle

• +1
I have a question, since you go the prettyboy route, do you also eliminate body hair? if so, would this procedure work for other parts of the body? recently I have been growing A LOT of body hair and shaving is becoming a hassle
Yes, I get rid of every hair below my eyelashes. Started with shaving, recently changed to epilating + I get waxed the bodyparts I cannot do it myself (like butts). Currently IPLing to put an end to this

At some point in your life a short beard or atleast stubble will look better and you might regret this

5EF95D5C 035B 428B 8885 3866FF0CD7BB
2900E69A F475 4754 99BA 70A97E5DF944

• +1
Reactions: Cidre enjoyer, .👽. and Danish_Retard
Yes, I get rid of every hair below my eyelashes. Started with shaving, recently changed to epilating + I get waxed the bodyparts I cannot do it myself (like butts). Currently IPLing to put an end to this
So is ipl legit for bodyhair?

What’s the difference to laser?

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and Mouthbreath
Sorry bro, but you will regret this when you are older... 😢

Sorry bro, but you will regret this when you are older... 😢
Doubt I would. I have the bones and forward growth to fall back on as I age. Likewise I intend to keep working out until my death, hopping on T when my natural levels will inevitably drop later. Combined with skincare and future hairloss protocol, I am ready to preserve my early 20s current looks for as long as possible.

Ask @Amnesia , he is on his way to mid 30s but i doubt he likes having facial or body hair on himself

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and Deleted member
Doubt I would. I have the bones and forward growth to fall back on as I age. Likewise I intend to keep working out until my death, hopping on T when my natural levels will inevitably drop later. Combined with skincare and future hairloss protocol, I am ready to preserve my early 20s current looks for as long as possible.

Ask @Amnesia , he is on his way to mid 30s but i doubt he likes having facial or body hair on himself
Body hair i remove myself... but facial hair is very different...

Also, NO ONE is going to rely on their forward whatever forever. At some point you WILL age, your skin will sag, and it will be even before 40 if you are unlucky. Then, what you could hide with a beard, you will have to remove with severe plastic surgery... :unsure:

1.jpg
3-768x440.jpg

Why are you getting rid of your facial hair…..

You will regret this in the future.
Just stick with shaving your face.
Ipl doesnt work.

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Are you trying to transition or smth?

Update?
I did my 4th sessione of professional laser treatmeant to remove neck beard, i’m really evaluating to do all the beard tbh.

This is before the treatment:
B13FB626 51E6 401F BBAF A669AB414E4D
0E3B0005 92AC 470D A739 DDBAB97D87D2

After 4 session (i have to do at lest other 7-8 session just on the neck

2D626C75 13EC 4D0D 9DF0 8A8797B1C512
77811548 27E6 42B7 9552 3517FBAD73EE

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao, Deleted member 13021 and Prettyboy
Laser treatment is definitely more expensive

Just buy an electric razer. I can't believe you spend $100 a month on shaving, that's just ridiculous, you could be doing things a lot easier and cheaper

• +1
Reactions: tyronelite
Where are all these graycel chads coming from :feelswah::feelswah:

Also @CtrlAltDelete is correct. I went to a consult to get my widows peak removed & there’s no permanent solution so stick to just shaving & maintenance

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy and CtrlAltDelete
Update?
I did my 4th sessione of professional laser treatmeant to remove neck beard, i’m really evaluating to do all the beard tbh.

This is before the treatment:
View attachment 1700633View attachment 1700634

After 4 session (i have to do at lest other 7-8 session just on the neck

View attachment 1700635View attachment 1700638
I halted my IPL journey for now, as I am currently amidst a Melanotan II cycle in preparation for summer. Earlier this year through spring I had multiple session of IPL on regions I deemed the highest priority (areas where I can't effectively remover hair myself) - my butt and hamstrings, there's still stuff left do with them, but the hair is much easier to manage. Melanotan made me pause the process since IPL's laser is attracted to melanin plus I couldn't do it anways since I am currently also on a tanning routine with MT2.

My plan is to achieve my desired skin darkness with MT2 in summer, then for the rest of the year go on a maintenance dose without tanning, that's when I will continue with IPL. Until then, I will use a combination of shaving, epilating and waxing for smooth skin everywhere. Shaving my jaw, epilating my body, except my butt, hamstring, nether region, which I get waxed in a salon from time to time
Where are all these graycel chads coming from :feelswah::feelswah:

Also @CtrlAltDelete is correct. I went to a consult to get my widows peak removed & there’s no permanent solution so stick to just shaving & maintenance
Hair removal is a very annoying thing, there's really no good solution, you have to pick your poison. Razor shaving causes irriation, electric razors doesn't offer the same cut as regular razors, epilating / waxing is painful as f, IPL only really works with light skin + dark hair combo (and many places that offer it are bogus, you need a specific wavelength of laser and specific hair growth phase) , electrolysis is very slow and costly :feelsbadman:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao and TheLordMadness
How did it go? Any results? I'm thinking about either buying an epilator or one of those at home ipl devices, but mostly for body hair. Does it work at permanently removing hair or reducing it?

the beard thing I have mixed feelings, lasering your beard is huge in asia but idk if it's really that huge of an advantage. I mean at some point you'll still look your age even without facial hair, but you'll look kinda of gayish ngl, idk. Maby for guys with really thick beards is a good idea.

I feel like at some point I may need to pull the beard look so nah. But body hair overall I want to get rid of it asap.

Getting rid of your beard is getting rid of what makes you a man

You might as well chop off your dick and start inserting dildo's into your anus right now