I'm exactly 183 cm (6 feet), regularly use 5 cm lifts, and I'm moving to the Netherlands for a job; how bad will it really be?

A

Aeldnor25

Iron
I wear lifts that increase my apparent height to 188 cm (6'2) with no problems (looking to buy elevators soon), will it be brutal? There's a lot of overly black pilled pessimism here but also a lot of coping, I'm looking for a realistic answer in the middle.

Solution
Octavian_Augustus
It will be painful at 6', you will feel below average height. With lifts you'll feel average.

I am 6'1" and I feel awful every time I go to the NL, even with 1 inch lifts, which sucks because it's a cool place.

The height mogs are extra painful when you wear lifts and still get height mogged.
It will be painful at 6', you will feel below average height. With lifts you'll feel average.

I am 6'1" and I feel awful every time I go to the NL, even with 1 inch lifts, which sucks because it's a cool place.

The height mogs are extra painful when you wear lifts and still get height mogged.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: kanderior, pentamogged9000 and NumbThePain
Solution

But 6' IS the average height there. Also, that is insane, wtf do they feed them there? How did they go from among the shortest people in the world to this in like 100 years? No way it was natural.

Last edited:
But 6' IS the average height there. Also, that is insane, wtf do they feed them there? How did they go from among the shortest people in the world to this in like 100 years? No way it was natural.

in which sneaker u use 5cm lifts?

if height stayed the same, but we had way more immigrants (shorter) that means fully Dutch ppl still grew taller.
Ye its terrible I'm 6'1 with shoes and have been made fun of by taller people too, they saw me with a girl and tried to steal her by heightmogging.

• Woah
Reactions: schizo echochamber and Krakowski
in which sneaker u use 5cm lifts?
Solovair 6 eye derby boots. I'd say 5.5 cm is the absolute max you can get with lifts and normal shoes/boots. Anything above that and your heel sticks out too much, you have to use tall boots and the like.

Last edited:
Bro 21 cm in 140 years. No fucking way that is natural.

if height stayed the same, but we had way more immigrants (shorter) that means fully Dutch ppl still grew taller.
Ye its terrible I'm 6'1 with shoes and have been made fun of by taller people too, they saw me with a girl and tried to steal her by heightmogging.
According to statements by Dutch people and statistics you have to be at least 6'4 to be considered properly tall there. And mogging begins at around 2-3 inches of difference. So surely a 6'1 man isn't seen as a manlet there?

According to statements by Dutch people and statistics you have to be at least 6'4 to be considered properly tall there. And mogging begins at around 2-3 inches of difference. So surely a 6'1 man isn't seen as a manlet there?
Well, it depends who you are comparing with... if you are comparing to entirely Dutch university students... then you definitely are still a manlet at 6 feet. The Netherlands is one of the most culturally diverse countries, so there a lot of ethnics bringing the average down. I think the average is more like 6'1 - 6'2 for Dutch people and it seems the ones in the north and with a higher education degree are more like 6'3 on average.. I would say I was most likely bottom 30% being 6 feet tall barefoot in university.

Well, it depends who you are comparing with... if you are comparing to entirely Dutch university students... then you definitely are still a manlet at 6 feet. The Netherlands is one of the most culturally diverse countries, so there a lot of ethnics bringing the average down. I think the average is more like 6'1 - 6'2 for Dutch people and it seems the ones in the north and with a higher education degree are more like 6'3 on average.. I would say I was most likely bottom 30% being 6 feet tall barefoot in university.
Great. It just had to be that fucking country where I found my dream job in. I guess my one consolation is that I would never want to be above 6'4 anyway, that's where comically tall/lanklet and health problems territory begins. If even 6'3 makes you average then I would rather not be tall there.

Last edited:
Great. It just had to be that fucking country where I found my dream job in.
Well, do you just plan on working for some time or to actually live here permanently? I'm actually considering moving out, just because of the height mogging/dating culture... foids value height so much here even if you are a head taller than them they will still call you out for your height.

Well, do you just plan on working for some time or to actually live here permanently? I'm actually considering moving out, just because of the height mogging/dating culture... foids value height so much here even if you are a head taller than them they will still call you out for your height.
It's a fixed contract so no not permanently. That remains to be seen after its end.

Great. It just had to be that fucking country where I found my dream job in. I guess my one consolation is that I would never want to be above 6'4 anyway, that's where comically tall/lanklet and health problems territory begins. If even 6'3 makes you average then I would rather not be tall there.
The thing is a lot of these tall people are not built like a lanket... they have huge frames/bones/heads that they have normal proportions. The guy in the pic is 7 ft 2 and this how dutch are built. Im actually built like a lanket but just 6 feet

Attachments

• Ez6H2XPXoAEX7_R.jpg
    Ez6H2XPXoAEX7_R.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0
I am an Indian that grew up in The Netherlands... my family didn't and that's why they much shorter and have lower muscle mass/bones
makes sense. Indians r the proof of how vegetarianis doesnt work.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31020
Aint gonna move there with my 5'11 manlet height