I’m getting genioplasty in 2 days

stopsign

stopsign

Iron
I’m very nervous and excited. Late 20s male who has been insecure about his recessed lower third for a long time. I’ve had a bunch of surgeries already including rhinoplasty but I think this will be the last big one I get done.

I might be a good fit for a jaw implant, but I just didn’t like the look of mockups enough. Also the cost + recovery was less appealing to me than just getting an easy genio done.

I’m getting the surgery done with Dr. Eppley. Anything I should ask him in particular for our in-person consult tomorrow?

I’ll keep this thread updated with my experience

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470, middayshowers, IWantToMax and 10 others
nice, hope the surgery goes well and you recover well. can you post a before and after once you've recovered.
dont really know what you should ask him, maybe ask him how long the recovery will be and what you have to do whilst recovering

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne and stopsign
yaaaaaaasss slayyy sissss good luck

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2810, Gunna, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and 1 other person
nice, hope the surgery goes well and you recover well. can you post a before and after once you've recovered.
dont really know what you should ask him, maybe ask him how long the recovery will be and what you have to do whilst recovering

Thanks bro. I’ll do that once the swelling goes down.

• +1
Reactions: jjm4765
How da fuck did you manage eppley to get you a genio instead of an implant

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Zeta ascended, Deleted member 3990, Gebirgscel and 4 others
Gogo mane

• +1
Reactions: stopsign
Good luck but why didn't you decide to have it earlier if I may ask? I wanna surgerymax as soon as possible

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax and stopsign
good luck dude with genioplasty, I've tried contacting 8 clinics in Netherlands/Belgium, they all refuse to do genioplasty on me even though the front of my chin is deformed.. Eppley is 2 expensive for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and stopsign
good luck dude with genioplasty, I've tried contacting 8 clinics in Netherlands/Belgium, they all refuse to do genioplasty on me even though the front of my chin is deformed.. Eppley is 2 expensive for me
Lol what, it's like you were asking for a lefort 3

Yeah I thought he was done doing osteotomies and now he would just do implants

Lol what, it's like you were asking for a lefort 3
Ughhhh

I get this type of responses back from plastic surgery clinics after asking for a custom chin implant/sliding genioplasty ffs

• JFL
Reactions: jamesjohnsmith1959
Good luck but why didn't you decide to have it earlier if I may ask? I wanna surgerymax as soon as possible
Tbh, I used to be scared that the result wouldn’t look good. I also didn’t want people knowing that I had surgery done (still a fear of mine, and have taken off about a week and a half of work).

I used to think implant was the only way to go for chin projection. Now that I’m a lot more informed with the surgeries possible, I get that I want both horizontal and vertical projection through genio while also getting a graft to reduce the deepening of my labiomental fold.

What do you look like now? Post pics of your lower third...

Lucky asf bro I gotta wait one more year of wage slaving and I can finally have rhino

• +1
Lucky asf bro I gotta wait one more year of wage slaving and I can finally have rhino
I’m lucky to have a good salary that can allow me to get all these surgeries. Good luck on saving up bro, it’ll be worth it in the end.

• +1
Reactions: reddollars
I’m lucky to have a good salary that can allow me to get all these surgeries. Good luck on saving up bro, it’ll be worth it in the end.
Thanks bro can’t wait till next year

It's a very simple surgery, wasting your money getting it done by eppley.

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
cheers bro good luck :feelsyay:

• +1
View attachment 149996

I get this type of responses back from plastic surgery clinics after asking for a custom chin implant/sliding genioplasty ffs
I got this sort of reply about my rhinoplasty!! Madness. I have a very big ugly nose and even the fucking SURGEON, rather than take my money, was like ''Your nose is good and so i'd rather not operate on it. Regards' lol
I'm jelly of rich slayers like you! Slay for us!!! We shall live through you forever

• +1
Just had my consultation with Dr. Eppley. He gets a bad rep sometimes but I actually liked him a lot. Clear communication and made me feel a lot more comfortable with the surgery. He answered all of my questions and I didn’t feel rushed during the consultation.

I’m going to get 10mm horizontal and then 6mm vertical augmentation. There’s a possibility it might change slightly during surgery if it seems like the horizontal is too far, but that’s what we agreed on.

Surgery is tomorrow morning 😬. I’ll keep you all posted

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sorrowfulsad, Deleted member 2810, Deleted member 470 and 1 other person
Just had my consultation with Dr. Eppley. He gets a bad rep sometimes but I actually liked him a lot. Clear communication and made me feel a lot more comfortable with the surgery. He answered all of my questions and I didn’t feel rushed during the consultation.

I’m going to get 10mm horizontal and then 6mm vertical augmentation. There’s a possibility it might change slightly during surgery if it seems like the horizontal is too far, but that’s what we agreed on.

Good luck man!

• +1
It's a very simple surgery, wasting your money getting it done by eppley.

Might as well go with an experienced guy if he has the money for it...

Whats the cost of this? Anyone know of any good surgeon in europe?

Whats the cost of this? Anyone know of any good surgeon in europe?
A little less than 10K (it might be more expensive if I need extra plates and bone graft).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sweboy
That's quite a movement, good luck!

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Just an FYI, expect extremely autistic/shitty responses from users if you post your results immediately after the surgery. I'd not post any pics here, or at least I'd wait about a month to do so, if I were in your shoes.

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended, Mediocre Normalfag and Deleted member 685
Just an FYI, expect extremely autistic/shitty responses from users if you post your results immediately after the surgery. I'd not post any pics here, or at least I'd wait about a month to do so, if I were in your shoes.

He does genio routinely and with very large movements actually

Spoiler due to grossly severe recession pre-op (one of the most significant advancements with only genio I've ever seen btw)

Chin-Osteotomy-and-Implant-Augmentation-result-side-view-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis.jpg

Still requires jaw surgery considering the lip incompetence post-op

Last edited:
He does genio routinely and with very large movements actually

Spoiler due to grossly severe recession pre-op (one of the most significant advancements with only genio I've ever seen btw)

Chin-Osteotomy-and-Implant-Augmentation-result-side-view-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis.jpg

Still requires jaw surgery considering the lip incompetence post-op

Jesus Christ ! Seeing photos like that makes me feel petty for wanting better ramus length. Guys like that need several major surgeries just to look "normal". :feelsrope: Sad shit.

• +1
Reactions: ovosoundszn
Good luck
Tbh, I used to be scared that the result wouldn’t look good. I also didn’t want people knowing that I had surgery done (still a fear of mine, and have taken off about a week and a half of work).

I used to think implant was the only way to go for chin projection. Now that I’m a lot more informed with the surgeries possible, I get that I want both horizontal and vertical projection through genio while also getting a graft to reduce the deepening of my labiomental fold.
Good luck man, pm me or tag me if you post results, planning to get it soon as well.

• +1
Sorry for the late update:

Surgery went well. Eppley sat down with me beforehand and made sure we were aligned on what I was getting done and to answer any last minute questions I had. I was nervous it and was Halloween so I asked him not to make me into a costume. :lul:

I got knocked out by the anesthesia and woke up after surgery in what felt like no time had passed. Such a strange feeling that happens after every surgery I've had. I was rushed out of the clinic and driven back to my Airbnb with a wrap around my head. That night my pain reached about a throbbing 6-7 and I got little sleep.

I had my followup appointment with Eppley the next morning and he removed the wrap and showed me pictures that he took during my surgery. It was weird looking at me passed out and seeing my chin bone exposed, but cool at the same time. He confirmed that I had about 10.5mm of horizontal advancement and 6mm vertical. He also had to use extra plates because he wanted to ensure stability given the large movement (unfortunately I'm taking on an extra cost for this but I prefer having the extra stability than not). He approved me for basically all activities besides anything too physcial or brushing against the incision site.

I am now 2 days post-op and the change is dramatic. After I got my wrap removed yesterday, my lower half looked like a cartoon character. Like a mix between American Dad and Robbie Rotten. I felt scared that I made the wrong decision at first, but I had mentally prepared myself enough that I knew I was going to feel that way for the first week of swelling. Tbh I covered my mirrors because I didn't want to get myself down until the swelling has subsided. I recommend this for anyone that gets insecure of any plastic surgery results right after having a procedure done. Also try avoiding selfies if it affects you too.

I already feel better on day 2. I can't wait until the swelling is fully down and I can enjoy these results in public. I'm also eating normal food now (I usually read online that people can't eat for a week) and don't feel restricted at all. Still taking oxycodone though. I am able to talk aloud but my lower lip is stiff and it makes my speech muffled some times.

Will keep updating through recovery.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 439, kota, Adrenochrome and 1 other person

Surgery went well. Eppley sat down with me beforehand and made sure we were aligned on what I was getting done and to answer any last minute questions I had. I was nervous it and was Halloween so I asked him not to make me into a costume. :lul:

I got knocked out by the anesthesia and woke up after surgery in what felt like no time had passed. Such a strange feeling that happens after every surgery I've had. I was rushed out of the clinic and driven back to my Airbnb with a wrap around my head. That night my pain reached about a throbbing 6-7 and I got little sleep.

I had my followup appointment with Eppley the next morning and he removed the wrap and showed me pictures that he took during my surgery. It was weird looking at me passed out and seeing my chin bone exposed, but cool at the same time. He confirmed that I had about 10.5mm of horizontal advancement and 6mm vertical. He also had to use extra plates because he wanted to ensure stability given the large movement (unfortunately I'm taking on an extra cost for this but I prefer having the extra stability than not). He approved me for basically all activities besides anything too physcial or brushing against the incision site.

I am now 2 days post-op and the change is dramatic. After I got my wrap removed yesterday, my lower half looked like a cartoon character. Like a mix between American Dad and Robbie Rotten. I felt scared that I made the wrong decision at first, but I had mentally prepared myself enough that I knew I was going to feel that way for the first week of swelling. Tbh I covered my mirrors because I didn't want to get myself down until the swelling has subsided. I recommend this for anyone that gets insecure of any plastic surgery results right after having a procedure done. Also try avoiding selfies if it affects you too.

I already feel better on day 2. I can't wait until the swelling is fully down and I can enjoy these results in public. I'm also eating normal food now (I usually read online that people can't eat for a week) and don't feel restricted at all. Still taking oxycodone though. I am able to talk aloud but my lower lip is stiff and it makes my speech muffled some times.

Pic bro ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2810

How many plates did you have all together?

glad to hear it went well, im suprised you got that much projection, i heard a genioplasty only gives 10mm total projection (horizantal and vertical), I wonder if a sliding genioplasty can be done on a chin that has a existing implant inserted into it.

Eppley is a meme. You will go in for for a scar removal on the arm and come out with a wraparound jaw implant. I swear he pushes that shit on anybody regardless lmfao

how did eppley charge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back