I'm in Bangalore and everyone keeps speaking to me in Hindi

G

GuyFromSingapore

It's all fun games until someone gets punched
Everyone in the shops. When I enter their shops they start speaking to me in Hindi while they speak in Kannada to everyone else.

They clearly think I'm North Indian.

Note: Bangalore is a mix of North Indians, South Indians and North East Indians. So they are used to the difference in phenotypes and can tell people by their phenotype.

I told you motherfuckers everyone says I look North Indian despite being ethnically Tamil.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Sub0, Big White Cuck, Jason Voorhees and 4 others
Should be interesting to see how North Indians consider me when I go to Rajasthan.

Even @AlexBrown84 says I look like everyone else from Delhi when I met him in person, when I asked him.

If you don't have very dark skin and a thick mustache they won't assume you're South Indian, usually

• +1
Reactions: Iasacrko
if ur noticing that then it moght be the case

If you don't have very dark skin and a thick mustache they won't assume you're South Indian, usually

Many Kannadigas with my skin tone. I think it's my facial structure as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52404
if ur noticing that then it moght be the case

This happened to me in Singapore as well. 50% of the time, Tamil Singaporeans don't speak to me on Tamil, assuming I'm non-Tamil.

Many Kannadigas with my skin tone. I think it's my facial structure as well.
yeah for sure, South Indians have very different facial features (pheno?) from North Indians as well

lighten your skin when you get home

yeah for sure, South Indians have very different facial features (pheno?) from North Indians as well

South Indians tend to have stronger Australoid/Weddoid admixture. Usually Gracile Indid(Hamel Patel phenotype) admixture as well.

Karnataka is an exception. Many Dinarid and Dinarid mixed people here. Even German anthropologist Eickstedt classified them as Dinaroid people.

Low caste North Indians especially Punjabis and Kashmiris can be NordIndid.

@Chinacurry