Indie games are proof that graphics > gameplay

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
Yea I get it that there are a handful of rare exceptions to this rule in that you got games like ShovelKnight and StarDew Valley being successful, but 99% of indie games that use pixel graphics/art/whatever will not be cared for by the vast majority of gamers. But flash a game with pretty graphics in front of them and they will at least consider checking it out. Some games like Crysis and (at the time) Doom 3&Half-life 2 became instantly popular ONLY because of the graphics. In fact, it seems like for most of gaming history good graphics are one of the only things that could seriously hype a game up.

Wolfenstein: OMG LOOK AT DAT YOU ACTUALLY SEE THE ENEMIES IN FIRST PERSON!!!!
Doom: OMG LOOK AT DEM GRAPHICS YOU CAN LIKE ACTUALLY WALK UP STAIRS OMG!!!!!!
Duke 3D: OMG LOOK THE LEVELS ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE REAL PLACES NO MORE DOOM MAZES HOLY SHIT!!!!!!
Quake: OMG FULL 3D HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!
Unreal: OMG LOOK AT DET WATER!!!!!
Half-Life: OMG LOOK SKELETON ANIMATIONS AND SCRIPTED EVENTS AND SHIT EXPLODING OMG!!!!!!!
Doom 3: OMG DEM SHADOWS AND LIGHTNING SO REAL OMG!!!!!!
Half-life 2: OMG LOOK AT DEM FACIAL ANIMATIONS AND PHYSICS HOLY SHOT OMG!!!!!
Crysis: OMG SO REALISTIC LOOK AT DAT JUNGLE!!!!!
Killzone 2: OMG BEST LOOKING CONSOLE GAME EVER!!!!!

GAMEPLAY IS THE VIDEO GAME VERSION OF PERSONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOST NORMIES DON'T CARE :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

Just lol at indie devs wasting their time with this pixel/retro graphics bullshit. Successful pixel graphics games are like the video game version of the lucky normie that gets laid every blue moon. Sure it happens, but they aren't getting laid frequently like the good looking dudes are are.

Stardew Valley: 1-2 million sales (keep it in mind this is a massive success story for an indie game and 99% of indies won't even get close to this)
Star Wars Battlefront 2: 10+ million copies despite being a shallow micro-transactions cash grab.

lol just lol

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nausea, LowTierNormie, Deleted member 685 and 3 others
osrs bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, manlet cUnt, Stare and 3 others
Everything sucks about Inde games not sure why anyone would waste their time on them

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: nausea and Ritalincel
You’re right. Indie games are the definition of “just have a good personality bro!” They had shit graphics and decent gameplay yet they still barely sell compared to AAA good graphics games with shit gameplay like Far Cry.

Then you have Minecraft which is living off of money and status and people still need texture packs and shaders on it because it has a toxic personality otherwise.

• +1
Reactions: nausea and disillusioned
it's ogre

• +1
Reactions: nausea
triple AAA games sell because of marketing, not because graphics> gameplay for normies or anything else. This is the same thing as in the film industry, in fact, the video game industry learned it from the film industry. You and your normie friends rush out day 1 to buy the latest CoD or BF or whatever knowing full well it will be exactly the same as it is every year, but you cant help yourself because that is the power of good marketing and the weakness of being a moron.

truthfully, most indie games arent successful because they suck, not because bad graphics. Selling a million copies without spending a DIME on marketing (best way is to have a bunch of overexcited manchildren do it for you, for free) and having made the game on a shoestring budget is massively successful relative to whatever cookie cutter big budget AAA title just got released and they spent 240 million on development and marketing.

• +1
Reactions: DoctorPMA, The Dude Abides, Deleted member 1552 and 2 others
p.s ive been playing the stalker series for over 10 years. The best games are never indie, but instead from small studios that may or may not have wasted 6 months of funding on hookers and vodka

• +1
Reactions: Bluepill and ChoSeungHui
I love my good old indie games. Gameplay is everything and graphics are just a bonus.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
https://incels.is/data/avatars/l/17/17202.jpg?1554524189

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: The Dude Abides, nausea and Arkantos
bro most of the games you listed are actually fun

ppl still game?

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel
GAMEPLAY IS THE VIDEO GAME VERSION OF PERSONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
legit son. vouch. +1 rep.
giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: nausea
GAMEPLAY IS THE VIDEO GAME VERSION OF PERSONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOST NORMIES DON'T CARE :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

Just lol at indie devs wasting their time with this pixel/retro graphics bullshit. Successful pixel graphics games are like the video game version of the lucky normie that gets laid every blue moon. Sure it happens, but they aren't getting laid frequently like the good looking dudes are are.
Jfl amazing metaphor. True af. Looks > all

Also, indie games are for incels.

• +1
Reactions: nausea and Demir
> indie games

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel, Deleted member 685, The Dude Abides and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: Ritalincel
Deus Ex 1 - average graphics but incredible gameplay and story

System Shock 2 also

• +1
Reactions: ChoSeungHui
Terraria, Minecraft, Cuphead, Undertale, Stardew valey.
The developers of indie games make double the salary of big company developers. It's over for AAA companies.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
Selling a million copies without spending a DIME on marketing (best way is to have a bunch of overexcited manchildren do it for you, for free) and having made the game on a shoestring budget is massively successful relative to whatever cookie cutter big budget AAA title just got released and they spent 240 million on development and marketing.

Sure, but StarDew valley success stories are also freak exceptions. The overwhelming majority of indie games make only limited or no money at all. Even if we ignore asset flips and shovelware junk there are hundreds or even thousands of indie games released every year. Truth be told I can't help but wonder if games like StarDew just get lucky. Sometimes things just become a trend for what seems like no reason.

anything indie = :soy:

Sure, but StarDew valley success stories are also freak exceptions. The overwhelming majority of indie games make only limited or no money at all. Even if we ignore asset flips and shovelware junk there are hundreds or even thousands of indie games released every year. Truth be told I can't help but wonder if games like StarDew just get lucky. Sometimes things just become a trend for what seems like no reason.

right, but the idea that indie games dont sell because graphics > gameplay sort of relies on the assumption that indie means = good gameplay. Thats really not the case, most indie games are fucking garbage. There also the flip side misconception that AAA automatically means uninspired cash grab, thats not really the case either. I've played great games from big money studios. From software, or CD projekt, for example.

most indie devs should just stop kidding themselves and go get a job at walmart, because their ideas are shit and their execution is even worse and while some people are gifted with the ability to maximize the value they get out of a dollar, realistically there is a limit. Its exactly the same situation as every film school dork who is kidding himself that hes going to make a masterpiece with a few hundred dollars by stealing a page out of werner herzog, not realizing that even these notoriously "low budget" film makers, are only low budget relative to big budget, not poverty budget, and still usually are sucking someones cock to fund to film, because you know, shit costs money and no one with any talent or skillset wants to work for free.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides and disillusioned
right, but the idea that indie games dont sell because graphics > gameplay sort of relies on the assumption that indie means = good gameplay. Thats really not the case, most indie games are fucking garbage. There also the flip side misconception that AAA automatically means uninspired cash grab, thats not really the case either. I've played great games from big money studios. From software, or CD projekt, for example.

most indie devs should just stop kidding themselves and go get a job at walmart, because their ideas are shit and their execution is even worse and while some people are gifted with the ability to maximize the value they get out of a dollar, realistically there is a limit. Its exactly the same situation as every film school dork who is kidding himself that hes going to make a masterpiece with a few hundred dollars by stealing a page out of werner herzog, not realizing that even these notoriously "low budget" film makers, are only low budget relative to big budget, not poverty budget, and still usually are sucking someones cock to fund to film, because you know, shit costs money and no one with any talent or skillset wants to work for free.
i think is about the ideas of the game and more about the skills they have to make the game, a indie game well exectued can be a lot of fun like factorio, rimwolrd or undertale, most indie developers lack the skill but not the ideas

Games are cope.

Yea I get it that there are a handful of rare exceptions to this rule in that you got games like ShovelKnight and StarDew Valley being successful, but 99% of indie games that use pixel graphics/art/whatever will not be cared for by the vast majority of gamers. But flash a game with pretty graphics in front of them and they will at least consider checking it out. Some games like Crysis and (at the time) Doom 3&Half-life 2 became instantly popular ONLY because of the graphics. In fact, it seems like for most of gaming history good graphics are one of the only things that could seriously hype a game up.

Wolfenstein: OMG LOOK AT DAT YOU ACTUALLY SEE THE ENEMIES IN FIRST PERSON!!!!
Doom: OMG LOOK AT DEM GRAPHICS YOU CAN LIKE ACTUALLY WALK UP STAIRS OMG!!!!!!
Duke 3D: OMG LOOK THE LEVELS ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE REAL PLACES NO MORE DOOM MAZES HOLY SHIT!!!!!!
Quake: OMG FULL 3D HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!
Unreal: OMG LOOK AT DET WATER!!!!!
Half-Life: OMG LOOK SKELETON ANIMATIONS AND SCRIPTED EVENTS AND SHIT EXPLODING OMG!!!!!!!
Doom 3: OMG DEM SHADOWS AND LIGHTNING SO REAL OMG!!!!!!
Half-life 2: OMG LOOK AT DEM FACIAL ANIMATIONS AND PHYSICS HOLY SHOT OMG!!!!!
Crysis: OMG SO REALISTIC LOOK AT DAT JUNGLE!!!!!
Killzone 2: OMG BEST LOOKING CONSOLE GAME EVER!!!!!

Stardew Valley: 1-2 million sales (keep it in mind this is a massive success story for an indie game and 99% of indies won't even get close to this)
Star Wars Battlefront 2: 10+ million copies despite being a shallow micro-transactions cash grab.

lol just lol
I agree

srs

EDIT: fuark quote dissapared shite

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
meat boy man
binding of isaac man

meat boy man
binding of isaac man

• +1
Reactions: DoctorPMA and Deleted member 685
s

Last edited:
Video games havent given me dopamine in years. I remember when games like skyrim and sleeping dogs would make me "comfy" whether it be from music or aesthetics or what.

When i became an adult i stopped being able to escape into video games and anime, cause i knew i could never escape from real life, that suspension of disbelief didnt apply to me anynore

• +1
Reactions: Cretinous
GAMEPLAY >>>>>>>>>>>> GRAPHICS!!!
AAA games are popular cuz of marketing.