infraorbital malar implants cost?

D

ducksoover

Silver
Suppose I'd get a custom infraorbital malar implant from @RealSurgerymax

how much would it cost? any estimates from previous clients?

this is just the implant design alone I'm asking.

If anyone knows what the total cost of surgery including implant design would cost then I would be immensely grateful. I'd want it done by Pagnoni preferably.

I can't ask @RealSurgerymax himself as hes not responding.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanForever
I can't ask @RealSurgerymax himself as hes not responding.
Hes not going to respond tbh i reached out for him to like 1 year ago that can i get a jaw implant and he never responded

Hes not going to respond tbh i reached out for him to like 1 year ago that can i get a jaw implant and he never responded
Do you know what state he is in?

13 to 16k with most popular names (including Pagnoni)

Most people need another revision to get the design right, so another 13k to 16k

Also plan on needing 2 or 3 rounds of fat grafts after, which are 2k to 4k a pop.

Often a midface lift as well, which is 6 to 20k depending on surgeon, probably towards the higher end to get with one who has experience working with implants.

So all in all, say 50k and 3 years of time. But you do all this and you can probably get a good result. Up to you if that's worth all the effort

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: truthhurts
13 to 16k with most popular names (including Pagnoni)

Most people need another revision to get the design right, so another 13k to 16k

Also plan on needing 2 or 3 rounds of fat grafts after, which are 2k to 4k a pop.

Often a midface lift as well, which is 6 to 20k depending on surgeon, probably towards the higher end to get with one who has experience working with implants.

So all in all, say 50k and 3 years of time. But you do all this and you can probably get a good result. Up to you if that's worth all the effort
lmao 50k for 0.1 psl improvement infras are the biggest meme

• +1
if you really need them you can get a much bigger improvement than that if you follow through with all that

• +1
can you please elaborate on this? most people need a revision? really? what is this based off?

13 - 16k is quite a fair price i was expecting more tbh.

I understand the reasoning behind the fat grafts but why facelift?

my eye area is my biggest falio so it would skyrocket my smv. I have very jaw thankfully but my massive orbits is my biggest flaw.

can you please elaborate on this? most people need a revision? really? what is this based off?

13 - 16k is quite a fair price i was expecting more tbh.

I understand the reasoning behind the fat grafts but why facelift?
Most people are not happy with their first implant for one reason or another. It's very hard to get right the first try. To a certain degree soft tissue responds unpredictably. Some decide they want something bigger. Some have serious flaws with the design. Myself, I got one that was deemed conservative by my surgeon and I still have implant show and "sagging" and will need soft tissue work or just have the implant taken out. I'm not sure yet.

Many people experience sagging of soft tissues from the facial implants. It's not clear why and there are a couple of theories for it. One theory is that the installation (typically through a mouth incision for the size of implants most users here are getting) causes sagging. When you install a cheek implant through the mouth you cut through a lot of soft tissue, especially if the implant is large. As you heal, the tissues reattach to the bone with fibrosis (scar tissue), a process that can take up to a year. Often times, this skin reattaches to the bone at a lower place than it was originally. This causes a "sagging" appearance, as if your midface has aged several years. It can dramatically affect your ogee curve.

Another theory, which according to my own bullshit broscience layperson intuition, is more substantial, pertains to the design of the implants. If you augment the infraorbital zygomatic rim area too much while leaving the lower midface area (paranasal, submalar, canine fossa) too recessed in comparison, the tissues seem to "bunch up" in the area immediately below the implant and create pronounced nasolabial folds. I have noticed a lot of people who experience this "sagging" effect tend to be the ones who get the implant done alongside double jaw surgery. This is perhaps because even if they needed augmentation in the lower midface area in addition to the upper midface, they wouldn't be able to get it because that implant would have to extend to where the LeFort plates are located. And a surgeon may be less likely to tell you that in order to get a good result, you may need to have it extend to that area, but they would rather just do both procedures in one so they won't tell you and try to get away with a subpar implant. You just can't always know what the surgeon knows, and they won't tell you everything because they're an expert and you're not, and you can never know if they have any bizarre kafkaesque financial or psychological agenda, c'est la vie, you just need to be prepared for that. I just would not recommend doing it at the same time as jaw surgery.

In any case if you experience the sagging issue to some degree, a midface lift is the solution. The kind of face structure I just described (upper midface projected compared to lower midface) does occur naturally, think like a lot of roman statues that have strong zygos despite weak maxillas everywhere else, or Alan Ritchson, and you can see they tend to age quicker due to midface sagging...but if you're getting an implant you probably want to avoid this issue and not need a midface lift

I think if you want to avoid all these issues, you need to go EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE on cheek implants. Trying to get model cheekbones is much more involved than you think.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Asspear and SubhumanForever
I’m thinking about reaching out to him in the future when I want to get my trimax designs and orbital implants, I’m thinking about getting the surgery plans from the people he works with and I suppose they would contact him and he would respond and come up with a implant, but I don’t know.

• +1
Reactions: ducksoover
Most people are not happy with their first implant for one reason or another. It's very hard to get right the first try
I understand that you're saying most people would need a revision but i'm curious to know where you're getting this info from. Are these anecdotes from reddit? if so, could you share a couple examples of people needing the revisions? Have these people recovered properly from the procedures (during and post swelling)?

I'm asking this because this is a very big decision that I'm going to make and I want to assess the risk properly. I VERY much need orbital implants + possible fat grafts due to very deep sunken eyes so the orbital implants is a must. I'd rather get the malar implants included with the design but I don't know how much extra risk I'm taking.

I've only seen good results from infraorbital malar implants but ofc there may be selection bias. I just wanna see the sources for your claims. Saying that MOST people would need a revision is a very big claim.

I’m thinking about reaching out to him in the future when I want to get my trimax designs and orbital implants, I’m thinking about getting the surgery plans from the people he works with and I suppose they would contact him and he would respond and come up with a implant, but I don’t know.
I'm planning to get surgeries within less than 2 years so I'm being patient for now,. If not then I think Eppley or Pagnoni would be my best shot.

I understand that you're saying most people would need a revision but i'm curious to know where you're getting this info from. Are these anecdotes from reddit? if so, could you share a couple examples of people needing the revisions? Have these people recovered properly from the procedures (during and post swelling)?

I'm asking this because this is a very big decision that I'm going to make and I want to assess the risk properly. I VERY much need orbital implants + possible fat grafts due to very deep sunken eyes so the orbital implants is a must. I'd rather get the malar implants included with the design but I don't know how much extra risk I'm taking.

I've only seen good results from infraorbital malar implants but ofc there may be selection bias. I just wanna see the sources for your claims. Saying that MOST people would need a revision is a very big claim.
I'm in discord servers with a lot of people who have had infrazygo implants. I am unfortunately not at liberty to share anything about particular cases. This is unfortunately the reality of the way information about these kinds of surgeries disseminate online. In the 10 or so years I have frequented boards like this nobody, understandably, wants to ever share their results in full. At best you get weird frauded angles that suggest halftruths and incomplete totalities. There have been many cases where I was impressed by the swelled up cropped malar eminence photo but when later when I saw their whole face I was like "ok they actually look cringe asf lmfaooo. the fact they think this looks good gives me severe secondhand embarassment." Surgeon pre op and post op pics are often frauded. Some surgeons even photoshop the pics. But please PM me if you are seriously looking to get these implants and I can see if I can give you more info.

It's hard to for me, or anyone else, to give advice on your case since modifiers like "VERY much" and "very" deep sunken eyes in and of themselves are subjective so I can't say what the risk would be for you specifically. That could mean 4mm midface hypoplasia or 6mm or 8mm, maybe the infra rim is 2mm too recessed with respect to the zygo, or 4mm, or maybe the eminence doesnt have the right shape, who knows, I just don't know. Unless you are consulting a surgeon in person you would need to provide a slow motion panoramic video of your face AND high resolution full skull 3D CT scans to anyone who claims to be able to offer you advice.

With regards to the results it depends on which ones and what you mean by good. Perhaps this does not apply to you but the impression users on boards like these get of these implants are from a handful of users who, over the years, have posted bizarre, unrevealing, often frauded angles at maybe a few weeks postop with enormous swelling remaining, with every other part of their face cropped or blurred out, giving everyone a comically limited visual conception of the effect these implants actually have on the face and its overall harmony. You see threads where people crop out their malar eminence post infrazygo implant surgery from their whole face and use this 300x300 pixel image to milk compliments for 10 pages, inspiring, what may be, I guess, dozens of forum guests to undergo a lifechanging decision that may or may not end well. I say this as someone who studies psychology; I have noticed, if you are on the fence about the quality of your surgical result, one effective means of convincing yourself your surgical result is actually good is to share curated images of your result as a means of milking compliments. Many such people also often encourage others to undergo the same surgical decision they themselves underwent but are otherwise lukewarm about it, since when they see others execute it, they feel more secure in themselves ("imitation is the highest form of flattery..."). Regardless of whether it's actually the best decision for those they are corresponding with.

There ARE good results and I have seen several I just want to be clear that unless you are lucky, pulling this off is an extraordinarily time consuming, emotionally draining, and expensive endeavor that requires substantial mental and financial resources. Surgeons are not always willing to tell you this, because, and this is somewhat understandable, their job is to provide a material/physical/medical/cosmetic service not be your BDD therapist.

Unless you get a really REALLY conservative implant, you need to be ready to potentially spend several years with it. It's the best policy to make very small changes to multiple parts of your face instead of sizeable changes to a handful of parts of your face anyway. But if you are ready to spend several years with it then by all means get the model cheekbone implant. You could end up with a really good result. There have been many really good results among those who seriously commit to this. But I just want to be clear on the financial, temporal, and mental commitment it takes to pull it off. The language of my post is not meant to discourage anyone, but to save people from unexpected mental turmoil if they aren't ready to go all the way and are misled/not given the full picture by their surgical team.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear and SubhumanForever
If you augment the infraorbital zygomatic rim area too much while leaving the lower midface area (paranasal, submalar, canine fossa) too recessed in comparison, the tissues seem to "bunch up" in the area immediately below the implant and create pronounced nasolabial folds.
I wonder then if adding paranasal implants (assuming no LF1 of course) would help to alleviate this risk. Obviously there's never a guarantee either way, but it would be interesting to see if soft tissues sit better with this type of augmentation. Or alternatively, what the impact is of full midface-augmentation implants which tend to increase the mass across the entire area.

I just would not recommend doing it at the same time as jaw surgery.
I think this goes for almost any surgery to be honest. Given financial limited resources though, it's not exactly surprising that patients prefer to bundle procedures together.
There ARE good results and I have seen several I just want to be clear that unless you are lucky, pulling this off is an extraordinarily time consuming, emotionally draining, and expensive endeavor that requires substantial mental and financial resources. Surgeons are not always willing to tell you this, because, and this is somewhat understandable, their job is to provide a material/physical/medical/cosmetic service not be your BDD therapist.
It's tragic that users here (who are often extremely young, which is doubly tragic) have absolutely no perspective about what surgery really entails. It's not a panacea, and the absolutely dismal reality is that those who are most likely to get these procedures are also the least likely to ever be satisfied by them, regardless of the results. Anyone who is even moderately interested in the prospect of getting their faces sliced open to look better is suffering from BDD, but there are levels to this shit. It feels antithetical, but the "ideal" surgery candidate is one who places the least amount of stock in their facial aesthetic.

Too many see anything less than perfect as failure, and surgeons capitalize on this like hyenas circling injured prey. They'll perform the surgeries fully knowing (or maybe at least suspecting) that the result they can actually provide is not congruent with expectations. But that's their job, and it's "buyer beware" in the world of cosmetics - we should all know this. They can't manage our mental illness.

I genuinely think the first step to getting a decent result is all mentality - detaching the internal sense of value from aesthetics. Once physical imperfections cease to be seen by the prospective patient as moral deficiencies or indicative of personal failings, plastic surgery becomes a whole lot more like changing a pair of shoes than transforming someone's entire existence. In a sense it's the complete opposite of traditional blackpill ideology, ironically enough.

Anyway, I agree with what you're saying and I think it's all extremely helpful to keep in mind.

I'm in discord servers with a lot of people who have had infrazygo implants. I am unfortunately not at liberty to share anything about particular cases. This is unfortunately the reality of the way information about these kinds of surgeries disseminate online. In the 10 or so years I have frequented boards like this nobody, understandably, wants to ever share their results in full. At best you get weird frauded angles that suggest halftruths and incomplete totalities. There have been many cases where I was impressed by the swelled up cropped malar eminence photo but when later when I saw their whole face I was like "ok they actually look cringe asf lmfaooo. the fact they think this looks good gives me severe secondhand embarassment." Surgeon pre op and post op pics are often frauded. Some surgeons even photoshop the pics. But please PM me if you are seriously looking to get these implants and I can see if I can give you more info.

It's hard to for me, or anyone else, to give advice on your case since modifiers like "VERY much" and "very" deep sunken eyes in and of themselves are subjective so I can't say what the risk would be for you specifically. That could mean 4mm midface hypoplasia or 6mm or 8mm, maybe the infra rim is 2mm too recessed with respect to the zygo, or 4mm, or maybe the eminence doesnt have the right shape, who knows, I just don't know. Unless you are consulting a surgeon in person you would need to provide a slow motion panoramic video of your face AND high resolution full skull 3D CT scans to anyone who claims to be able to offer you advice.

With regards to the results it depends on which ones and what you mean by good. Perhaps this does not apply to you but the impression users on boards like these get of these implants are from a handful of users who, over the years, have posted bizarre, unrevealing, often frauded angles at maybe a few weeks postop with enormous swelling remaining, with every other part of their face cropped or blurred out, giving everyone a comically limited visual conception of the effect these implants actually have on the face and its overall harmony. You see threads where people crop out their malar eminence post infrazygo implant surgery from their whole face and use this 300x300 pixel image to milk compliments for 10 pages, inspiring, what may be, I guess, dozens of forum guests to undergo a lifechanging decision that may or may not end well. I say this as someone who studies psychology; I have noticed, if you are on the fence about the quality of your surgical result, one effective means of convincing yourself your surgical result is actually good is to share curated images of your result as a means of milking compliments. Many such people also often encourage others to undergo the same surgical decision they themselves underwent but are otherwise lukewarm about it, since when they see others execute it, they feel more secure in themselves ("imitation is the highest form of flattery..."). Regardless of whether it's actually the best decision for those they are corresponding with.

Unless you get a really REALLY conservative implant, you need to be ready to potentially spend several years with it. It's the best policy to make very small changes to multiple parts of your face instead of sizeable changes to a handful of parts of your face anyway. But if you are ready to spend several years with it then by all means get the model cheekbone implant. You could end up with a really good result. There have been many really good results among those who seriously commit to this. But I just want to be clear on the financial, temporal, and mental commitment it takes to pull it off. The language of my post is not meant to discourage anyone, but to save people from unexpected mental turmoil if they aren't ready to go all the way and are misled/not given the full picture by their surgical team.
Can I PM you?

seems like its not worth it there is still minimal good results i have seen on looksmax not to mention that Bernadid a top occuloplastic surgeon isnt a fan of them not to mention that they dont fix any of ur eye area failios they mostly fix midface/cheekbone area