Interesting thoughts about food/diet

Dude420

Dude420

Ascend or Rope
Didn't originally mean to post this, but I thought it may be interesting enough to share, sometimes I have an idea that just pops into my mind and I have to write it down.

What if vegetables/fruits are bad for you (well not an optimally good choice of food), but we evolve to like their taste not truly a secondary source of food(meat being the primary one) but mainly as a supplementary source of water. Reminder that some animals manage to survive in the desert by extracting drips of water out of cactus. So providing you water but with the nutrients inside not truly outweighing the downside of the unwanted toxins(we can eat most plants because their concentration of toxins is too high, the one we eat are the bearable ones) and energy cost to digest them for their limited vitamin/protein upside. Now that you have access to water at all time, it would be maladapted to eat them over meat. Like you actually burn more calories by eating celery through chewing and digestion. In a world where resources are scarce, why would it be adaptive to eat that, why wouldn’t we evolve to be disgusted by it, the high water concentration seems to me like a plausible answer. Kids instinctively don’t like vegetables very much, you have to force them to eat them and condition them to believe it is good for them by literally saying «eat your vegetables, it is good for you or you won’t have dessert», while kids are nearly never inclined to refuse eating fatty piece of meat. Basically, if you have in front of you unlimited water, meat and vegetables, you should push away the veggies. But in an ancestral world were both meat and water were scarce (you weren't always near a water source and water isn't easy to carry around) it becomes adaptive to eat veggies and fruits, but now that those resources aren't scarce for richer individuals, eating the later becomes maladapted.

This thought is related to the last iteration to this video series I saw a few days ago

Basically, it seems evident that an exclusive long-term vegan diet leads to malnourishment.
And you have to keep in mind that Inuits strived in harsh conditions for centuries almost out of an exclusive meat diet, there is no vegetation in the Arctic during winter.
Fruits/Veggies only actually offers a poor substitute food and water source. The upside is that it is versatile in offering a substitute for both of them and since it is relatively easy to gather relative to meat but also sometimes water due to long travel distance, it used to be adaptive to like their taste to a certain extent.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans, SikKunt, rockndogs and 4 others
Lol.

• +1
Reactions: Ferrari worthy
I like fruits

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, fobos, Demir and 1 other person
Didn't originally mean to post this, but I thought it may be interesting enough to share, sometimes I have an idea that just pops into my mind and I have to write it down.

What if vegetables/fruits are bad for you (well not an optimally good choice of food), but we evolve to like their taste not truly a secondary source of food(meat being the primary one) but mainly as a supplementary source of water. Reminder that some animals manage to survive in the desert by extracting drips of water out of cactus. So providing you water but with the nutrients inside not truly outweighing the downside of the unwanted toxins(we can eat most plants because their concentration of toxins is too high, the one we eat are the bearable ones) and energy cost to digest them for their limited vitamin/protein upside. Now that you have access to water at all time, it would be maladapted to eat them over meat. Like you actually burn more calories by eating celery through chewing and digestion. In a world where resources are scarce, why would it be adaptive to eat that, why wouldn’t we evolve to be repulsed by it, the high water concentration seems to me like a plausible answer. Kids instinctively don’t like vegetables very much, you have to force them to eat them and condition them to believe it is good for them by literally saying «eat your vegetables, it is good for you or you won’t have dessert», while kids are nearly never inclined to refuse eating fatty piece of meat. Basically, if you have in front of you unlimited water, meat and vegetables, you should push away the veggies. But in an ancestral world were both meat and water were scarce (you weren't always near a water source and water isn't easy to carry around) it becomes adaptive to eat veggies and fruits, but now that those resources aren't scarce for richer individuals, eating the later becomes maladapted.

This thought is related to the last iteration to this video series a saw a few days ago

Basically, it seems evident that an exclusive long-term vegan diet leads to malnourishment.
And you have to keep in mind that Inuits strived in harsh conditions for centuries almost out of an exclusive meat diet, there is no vegetation in the Arctic during winter.
Fruits/Veggies only actually offers a poor substitute food and water source. The upside is that it is versatile in offering a substitute for both of them and since it is relatively easy to gather relative to meat but also sometimes water due to long travel distance, it used to be adaptive to like their taste to a certain extent.

high IQ

I like fruits
Maybe you evolve to like it as the primary reason that this is what has the highest concentration of water in it in an ancestral environment beside water itself.

• +1
Maybe you evolve to like it as the primary reason that this is what has the highest concentration of water in it in an ancestral environment beside water itself.
I work outside these days mostly, in the hot sun. For breaking my fast in the afternoon I always eat cantaloupe, apples, melons etc cuz I feel better from it. Your theory is correct, fruits are hydrating

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and Dude420
Kids also like sugarry food and usually dont have much problem with fruit
Veg however takes a lot of effort to eat and digest for little calories and not much as nutrition as some would have you believe(in comparison to meat)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SikKunt, kobecel, Zeta ascended and 1 other person
harsh conditions

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 470 and Ferrari worthy
Kids dont like veggies mostly because of taste and not due to effort in chewing.
Veggies provide large varieties of nutrients(if you eat enough)
Also i remember i read somewhere that veg protein and nutrients are easily absorbed.
But yes most vegans look thin because you have to eat tons to make up for caloric intake.
I'm a vegan and i barely eat 1100 calories.
And im thin as fuck.
If i need proper caloric intake I'll have to double my food intake.
But i seriously think that 90% vegans are malnourished

• WTF
Reactions: Ritalincel
Kids dont like veggies mostly because of taste

We evolve traits because it provided a fitness advantage to our ancestors. Kids evolve not to like veggie because they would rather eat fatty meat and drink water instead. If they are starving and see there are no other alternative, they will end up eating the veggies by their own will. Our body intuitively knows what is better for us, we can be conditioned otherwise through a culturization process.
I don't argue that veggies do not provide a large variety of nutrients, but not as much as meat and water, and not enough on his own, I do not believe veganism is a diet that is good for you in the long term. Being so thin, your diet would make you be the first to be eliminated from the gene pool if they were a sudden shortage of food supply, you are free to do so because you artificially(compared to an ancestral environment) have the flexibility to do so, but this indicates to me that this diet isn't adaptively sound, you are weaker to someone having a carnivore diet such as the Inuit had. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Thushespokeofit and Ritalincel
You don’t get through an ice age on veggies. Idk though, if they are full of nutrients and we can safely eat them, I suppose we are evolved to eat them. Maybe it’s just an evolutionary leftover from when we lived in the trees and ate exclusively plants.

Plants me

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and Ferrari worthy
Just to make it clear, I don't believe veggies are bad. But if they are always worse than meat, then they are always a bad choice if you have the flexibility to always buy meat. (Vegan only diet is bad though)

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ULTRATERAX63, Ritalincel and Deleted member 1476
Read every single word, printed it, laminated it, mailed it to every house in the United States, put it on every billboard available and studied it for 4 years in college.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: GrewWrong, Deleted member 470, Demir and 5 others
Read every single word, printed it, laminated it, mailed it to every house in the United States, put it on every billboard available and studied it for 4 years in college.
Bennett

• WTF
Fwark high IQ

• So Sad
You don’t get through an ice age on veggies. Idk though, if they are full of nutrients and we can safely eat them, I suppose we are evolved to eat them. Maybe it’s just an evolutionary leftover from when we lived in the trees and ate exclusively plants.
The thing is one should win over the other through evolutionary time, being so different from one another, it seems unlikely that both sources of food provide perfectly the equal benefits, one should win out over the other. I believe meat and water are kings, and as I explained we keep liking veggies to a certain extent because veggies offered as his main function a food/water substitute to resources we could not reliably have at our disposal at all times.

I never saw a group of kids being as excited to broccoli(veggies) as to McNuggets(fatty meat).

Last edited:
The thing is one should win over the other through evolutionary time, it seems unlikely that both sources of food provide perfectly the equal benefits, one should win out over the other. I believe meat and water are kings, and as I explained we keep liking veggies to a certain extent because veggies offered as his main function a food/water substitute to resources we could not reliably have at our disposal at all times.

I never saw a group of kids being as excited to broccoli(veggies) as to McNuggets(fatty meat).
I think meat has won over, which explains the thing about kids. However the ability to safely consume fruit and veg is still there from all that time ago, and perhaps called upon by our intelligence when food is scarce.

I think we are natural scavengers in times of scarcity but meat is what helped us grow our brains and become what we are today, so it is king. Fuck I could eat a fat steak about now.

k thx bye

• +1
I don't argue that veggies do not provide a large variety of nutrients, but not as much as meat and water, and not enough on his own,
Yes that's exactly what am saying that you need to consume large amounts of veggies and legumes to be at same level to a person with carnivore diet.

But we cant rely totally on taste because most people like sugars(processed/natural) more than anything and fast foods too but they aren't healthy.

Spinach
Cum.
Sperm.
Ejaculation fluids.
And you ask why?
Here is why:
One ejaculation contains the same amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids as eight ounces of steak, ten eggs, six oranges, and two lemons.
So after someone swallows, they should feel like Popeye after he's had a can of spinach, because of all these nutrients.
Guy 1: Last night I watched her swallow my spinach.
Guy 2: Haha! She be like Popeye now!

by KiaFTW August 30, 2009

• +1
Reactions: kobecel, SikKunt, ULTRATERAX63 and 1 other person
ingests me

• +1
Spinach
Cum.
Sperm.
Ejaculation fluids.
And you ask why?
Here is why:
One ejaculation contains the same amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids as eight ounces of steak, ten eggs, six oranges, and two lemons.
So after someone swallows, they should feel like Popeye after he's had a can of spinach, because of all these nutrients.

no wonder foids live longer on average than men

• +1
Spinach
Cum.
Sperm.
Ejaculation fluids.
And you ask why?
Here is why:

brb shooting a fat nut into my mouth for forearm development

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ritalincel and Ferrari worthy
Yes that's exactly what am saying that you need to consume large amounts of veggies and legumes to be at same level to a person with carnivore diet.
You know how only drinking Soy and taking supplements isn't a healthy diet even though it is approved as including all the necessary nutrients? I believe the same applies when you try obtaining all the necessary nutrients only through a vegan diet; even though both have protein in it, it doesn't mean that at a molecular level it is identically identified and absurd as such by your digesting system. I recommend you watch all the series from the video I posted in OP.

Not a single word.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1106
Spinach
Cum.
Sperm.
Ejaculation fluids.
And you ask why?
Here is why:

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac
Spinach
Cum.
Sperm.
Ejaculation fluids.
And you ask why?
Here is why:

XD

• WTF
I think it is the fruit sugar

I think it is the fruit sugar
Inuits could strive without it, what if meat is always more nutritious? An interesting observation is that fruits are the more sugary when their concentration of water is at his highest; since water tastes nothing, what if we partly evolve to like sugar as an indicator that what you are eating contain the highest concentration of water.

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
No one debunked why we haven't evolved disgust for celery since their calorie intake is a net negative.

You can be perfectly healthy on a vegan diet, but it's really hard and you have to plan it very carefully. Most people are not high iq enough to do proper research and planning and for this reason 90%+ of vegans are malnourished one way or other. They dont even eat enough in the first place with given flawed diet, so not only its missing in nutrients, but they're in constant state of energy deficit. A lot of the times they don't feel this bcuz they eat low kcal density foods that fill them up and they associate feeling full with being nourished by food, whereas in reality they're just doing themselves a disservice pointlessly filling themselves up with "health" foods, falsely satiating themselves. A junk food vegan is often healthier than a whole food health nazi vegan

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt
You can be perfectly healthy on a vegan diet, but it's really hard and you have to plan it very carefully. Most people are not high iq enough to do proper research and planning and for this reason 90%+ of vegans are malnourished one way or other. They dont even eat enough in the first place with given flawed diet, so not only its missing in nutrients, but they're in constant state of energy deficit. A lot of the times they don't feel this bcuz they eat low kcal density foods that fill them up and they associate feeling full with being nourished by food, whereas in reality they're just doing themselves a disservice pointlessly filling themselves up with "health" foods, falsely satiating themselves. A junk food vegan is often healthier than a whole food health nazi vegan
It is hard to gain weight when most of what you are eating is water, things like nuts must be more legit as food, since we still like them even though they don't contain that much water, and as we know they contain a good amount of protein compared to veggies, so eating a lot of nuts seems like a good idea if you go vegan.

• +1
Reactions: kobecel
It is hard to gain weight when most of what you are eating is water, things like nuts most be more legit as food, since we still like them even though they don't contain that much water, and as we know they contain a good amount of protein compared to veggies, so eating a lot of nuts seems like a good idea if you go vegan.
yeah organic nut butters are really good for this purpose, they also have a lot of protein.

• +1
You can be perfectly healthy on a vegan diet, but it's really hard and you have to plan it very carefully.
Goes to show just how "natural" veganism is. You shouldn't have to be "high IQ" or do any research when it comes to diet. It should be second nature to you. Do you think our hunter gatherer ancestors knew what nutrients or vitamins were? They hunted and thrived on fatty meats for like a million years. They didn't have to count calories or vitamins or do any bullshit like that

• +1
Reactions: kobecel and Dude420
Goes to show just how "natural" veganism is. You shouldn't have to be "high IQ" or do any research when it comes to diet. It should be second nature to you. Do you think our hunter gatherer ancestors knew what nutrients or vitamins were? They hunted and thrived on fatty meats for like a million years. They didn't have to count calories or vitamins or do any bullshit like that
Bro nobody gives a rat's ass about what's natural or not.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature

• +1