Is 0,5 mg finasteride enough?

CursedOne

CursedOne

we are all irrelevant
I plan on getting back on fin. In order to save money, I will take finasteride with 0,5 mg.
Now my question is: Can I simply cut a normal dose of 1 mg finasteride in 2 halfs or do I need a special dose?

@Germania
@pashtun
@PCT01
@justadude
@SteveRogers
@buflek
@JOJOcel

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, twilight and TrestIsBest
No just take 1mg EOD. Cutting a pill that small is gonna be a pain in the ass besides 1mg eod is the prescribed dosage by ‘The hairloss Show’ doctors on youtube. They say its the same as taking 1mg everyday since your DHT takes like 2 days to rise again.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, twilight and TrestIsBest
yes you can cut the pills

many people even claim 0.25 is enough, u just need to experience what gives u sides/what doesnt

Last edited:
I plan on getting back on fin. In order to save money, I will take finasteride with 0,5 mg.
Now my question is: Can I simply cut a normal dose of 1 mg finasteride in 2 halfs or do I need a special dose?

@Germania
@pashtun
@PCT01
@justadude
@SteveRogers
@buflek
@JOJOcel
You can cut it just fine👍

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover and CursedOne
fin stays in the body for a few weeks. It really doesn't matter if you take 1mg every other day, or 0.5mg every day. no need to cut pills.

No just take 1mg EOD. Cutting a pill that small is gonna be a pain in the ass besides 1mg eod is the prescribed dosage by ‘The hairloss Show’ doctors on youtube. They say its the same as taking 1mg everyday since your DHT takes like 2 days to rise again.
What is EOD? Theres a tool from amazon that easily lets me cut the pill in 2 halves. it only takes 2 seconds. this is not the problem. I bought the tool.
fin stays in the body for a few weeks. It really doesn't matter if you take 1mg every other day, or 0.5mg every day. no need to cut pills.
So how often do you take finasteride? Only 1 dose every second day? According to your description it would be also possible to take fin every week instead of every day.

What is EOD? Theres a tool from amazon that easily lets me cut the pill in 2 halves. it only takes 2 seconds. this is not the problem. I bought the tool.

So how often do you take finasteride? Only 1 dose every second day? According to your description it would be also possible to take fin every week instead of every day.
there shouldnt be a difference between taking 0.5mg every day or 1mg every second day or smth like 1.5mg every third day. i wouldnt go past 3 days tho

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
Hey man, I was looking forward to write to you since A long time.
I texted you in private. I have a question regarding mewing
(Sorry for the weird phrasing but I’m not a native English speaker)
Thanks a lot mate

• +1
Reactions: Salludon
Yep + the difference in effectiveness between 0.5 mg and 1mg is like 5% or something so if your ok with cutting the pill then you can do that as well. Personally I’m taking 1mg a day because I’m paranoid 1mg eod won’t work for my subhuman balding genes at 18 :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Salludon and TrestIsBest
You can take 1mg fin three times a week or EOD. That protocol is recommended by dermatologists. Fin long half life makes that dosing effective.

Yes

I take only 0.5mg 4 times a week

My hairline is staying at 1.5 despite blasting 200mg T weekly

And hair has gotten thicker

0.25 mg is when it get less effective

Yes

Do you also cut the 1 mg pill in 2 halves or do you use a 0,50 mg dose?

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
which pillcutter is that? I bought something from amazon but I wanna know what you use lol
it was $3 from my local chemist

they're easy to get, they don't have to be too fancy

looks like this
OIP

I said in first post- yes, my hairline has actually gotten better, and my hair on my entire scalp is much better and thicker

I have had very good results from small dose

yea probably. I take 1/2 mg just every other day even.

btw I haven't used a pill cutter but with a regular razor blade I can even cut the 5 mg into 0.625s

Last edited:
it's too much

Yes

i will PM you since you are in T+Fin.

@Germania
@pashtun
@PCT01
@justadude
@SteveRogers
@buflek
@JOJOcel
You already got it from a doc? I will ask mine tomorrow for the 5mg pills to save even more cash.

If you end up having sides like mental and stuff, then buy allopregnanolone and use it. Biggest theory on why fin causes sexual and mental sides in lots of people is cause of the reduced stereogenesis. Just use exogenous allopregnanolone and in theory you should be good.

Also progesterone and pregnanolone is an option

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Has anyone tried fin topical spray?

I've seen some in the UK but it doesn't seem licenced yet and don't know if it's as effective.