Is 1200 calories to low for an 18 year old?

Grey

Grey

Iron
I've been dieting since July but it wasn't consistent so I'd say September is when I got it all down. I've been eating about or around 1200-1300 a day a bumping it up to 1500 on Saturdays so I could cheat with ice cream. I started at 280 and now I'm 244 with my goal weight being 160-180. Am I stunting any potential growth which I probably don't have if I countinue to eat this low?

2020 10 11 23 59 28342 0500

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 7521 and Deleted member 5912
eh it depends tbh. 1200 calories a day isnt that bad if all u do all day is browse looksmax

• JFL
Reactions: ShineBright
yeah it’s pretty damn low

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8486
eh it depends tbh. 1200 calories a day isnt that bad if all u do all day is browse looksmax
Yeah, that's all I fucking do really. I just game, browse this site and do college work

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7313, HighIQcel and Lux
too*

and short term, no. I think it’s on the extreme end though. The biggest concern with 1200 calories is it can lead to giving up and binging.

Yup, you're supposed to eat 2500 to 3000 depending on how active you are.

Very low tbh. Im assuming youre not like 5'4 or something? You should eat at least around 1600-1800 if you want to cut with a good amount of protein, healthy fats and carbs. 3 small sized meals a day is better, with mainly healthy things. example of things you should include in your diet are like oatmeal, fruits and veggies, some protein source (if vegan tofu or pea protein, if not salmon and lean chicken breast or turkey)

Yeah, that's all I fucking do really. I just game, browse this site and do college work

You should change something tbh. Do 30 min of cardio its just good for your heart and body in the long run can help you lose weight.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7521
Very low tbh. Im assuming youre not like 5'4 or something? You should eat at least around 1600-1800 if you want to cut with a good amount of protein, healthy fats and carbs. 3 small sized meals a day is better, with mainly healthy things. example of things you should include in your diet are like oatmeal, fruits and veggies, some protein source (if vegan tofu or pea protein, if not salmon and lean chicken breast or turkey)

You should change something tbh. Do 30 min of cardio its just good for your heart and body in the long run can help you lose weight.
Veggies are key, so much volume for very little calories. Plus makes you feel way better

On 1800 calories rn with lifting & cardio and I'm only suffering a little bit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7313

Yep I meal prep with chicken breasts,broccoli,brown rice and egg whites. I'll try doing cardio I guess since I'm mostly free after doing my school work

• +1

absolute bullshit. no one in the real world counts calories. the guys in best shape either eat like shit or dont eat at all. only stupid unathletic gym people take the calorie/number things too serioisly

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 7521
not if youre a fat pig

if i was gonna eat 1200 a day id just do 2400 calories one day, fast the next and repeat instead so i could get some decent filling meals in

absolute bullshit. no one in the real world counts calories. the guys in best shape either eat like shit or dont eat at all. only stupid unathletic gym people take the calorie/number things too serioisly
Lazy cope, if you wanna look anything above average you're gonna have to monitor what you eat, ofc there's people with blessed genes that will stay lean no matter what though

• +1
Lol u aint getting enough nutrients and u fucked ur metabolism if u eat 1200 calories and not under at most 10% bf. Ur body adapted and if u aint losing weight u need to reset ur metabolism lol

Yeee I’m still losing weight I’ll bump it up and exercise more I guess

From 15 to 19-20 its good to be on a really slight surplus or normo calorie diet
You limit ur growth, ur muscle growth
Your happiness

Whoever is doinsuch an insane low calories is just retarded as fuark

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium
I'm eating below 1500 to get below 12% bodyfat

Auschwitzmaxxing i see, you'd have to be sleeping all day to get by 1200 calories, just go nuts playing sports burning calories and eat 3000 cal a day theory

Keep in mind you can only Auschwitzmax if you have godly facial bones and good height/frame