Is being lean in your teenage years actually worth it?

Oscar

Oscar

Iron
Maintaining a lower body fat percentage can be aesthetically appealing, because you can get features like a chiseled face, defined abs, and hollow cheeks. However, during the teenage years, wouldn't it be better to consider maintaining a slightly higher body fat level? Because having a bit more bodyfat can lead higher levels of testosterone (T) and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1)

you're test wont go down from being lean unless youre sub 8%, you can stay at 10-12% and avoid the negative effects to test while staying lean

• +1
Reactions: ineonx
we all know the tallest children are the skinny ones and not the fat bulky ones who eat a lot.

• +1
Reactions: halloweed, ineonx and wsada
If you are fat your test is low as far as i know, if you are too lean, your test and overall productivity is also very low, 10-12% is ideal for most

Is being attractive during your teen years worth it? Probably.

• +1
Reactions: caiolindo
we all know the tallest children are the skinny ones and not the fat bulky ones who eat a lot.
2 reasons for this.
1 : you appear taller when you are skinny
2 : most overweight also have bad sleep/dont go outside/ have compressed spine and bad posture ect ... which lead them to be short. its not the weight itself

• JFL
Reactions: asdvek
If your certain you won't get laid in HS then stay fat to maximize growth only if your able to control your weight bc you could end up fat in adult hood, but my parents are both under 5'5 my brother who was lean is 5'7 and I'm 5'10 and was obese fat until junior/senior year.

I was fat until 17 and i grew pretty tall. Tbh i think that eating anything and everything gets you a lot of shit that your body needs but im not one to ask. I just assumed this based on my friends’ and I experiences growing up fat and then losing weight. The 4 of us are 185-187cm now

• +1
Reactions: halloweed