Is bimax a risky surgery? And how long do people need braces before getting it?

bignosesmallchin

bignosesmallchin

World domination
So I want to get bimax but I have a pretty big gap in my teeth, about 1cm, as well as a malocclusion, would I need braces for years before I can get it? Or is getting them after optional? What should I do? Also what are the risks? I have a slightly recessed chin so I feel like I’d look a lot better with bimax, but I don’t want it to look fucked up

it depends on a malocclusion. Somebody may uses braces for 6 months, another one for 2 years

it depends on a malocclusion. Somebody may uses braces for 6 months, another one for 2 years
As long as it’s not more than 2 years then I’m alright with that, my teeth are already pretty straight except for one of my front bottom ones

Bimax won't improve your chin except for certain scenarios. Genio might be a better idea if your forward growth is good.

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Birdcell
DF18F8AE 0C31 4835 8CA9 57405EFC5566
7D65D8C8 E9E7 4B23 9F6D DD868BA0B837
Bimax won't improve your chin except for certain scenarios. Genio might be a better idea if your forward growth is good.
I have downward growth and it’s recessed, would bimax be a major improvement

Bimax will improve your chin because the mandible can swing further forward, and even then surgeons often do a genio on top at the same time.

I have downward growth and it’s recessed, would bimax be a major improvement
Yes you should see big improvements from bimax. They would do counter clockwise rotation of your maxilla and straighten out your occlusal plane: your mandible will swing up further.

Forward movement of your maxilla will also mean the paranasal area around the base of your nose will move forward, and your nose will not look so big on the face.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Oberyn and thereallegend
Very rough morph because I don’t have a clear pic of you, but you could probably get something like this from bimax with CCW:

B66BA8B0 7175 40F5 B2CB 0106583AF09F

Very rough morph because I don’t have a clear pic of you, but you could probably get something like this from bimax with CCW:

View attachment 1673149
Does the ccw part cost a lot more on top of a bimax? Or is ccw something done during bimax if the patient needs it? Also, I’d obviously look better than that morph right? Cuz that shit is scaring me lol

Does the ccw part cost a lot more on top of a bimax? Or is ccw something done during bimax if the patient needs it? Also, I’d obviously look better than that morph right? Cuz that shit is scaring me lol
No, CCW is part of bimax. Shitty surgeons don’t like doing it because it requires skill. Yes you’d look better than the morph lol, it’s hard to morph soft tissue changes from a photo. Most surgeons do 3D planning that shows soft tissue changes.

No, CCW is part of bimax. Shitty surgeons don’t like doing it because it requires skill. Yes you’d look better than the morph lol, it’s hard to morph soft tissue changes from a photo. Most surgeons do 3D planning that shows soft tissue changes.
Okay that’s good to know, hopefully I can get it done in the next few years, will only need $10K or so since I’m in Canada, I just hope I can find a good surgeon here

Okay that’s good to know, hopefully I can get it done in the next few years, will only need $10K or so since I’m in Canada, I just hope I can find a good surgeon here
Some people say Dr Wittenberg in Vancouver is good; and there is Dr Tocchio and Dr Ho in Toronto.

Some people say Dr Wittenberg in Vancouver is good; and there is Dr Tocchio and Dr Ho in Toronto.
I’ll check them out thanks man

Hello, could you by any chance help with my morphs, currently looking to get surgery but need surgery advice as well.
Could you possibly help?

• +1
Reactions: valhalar
Yes sure send anything you want

• +1
Reactions: wholesome