is carrying a heavy backpack during hikes a good way to build muscle?

chadmanlet04

chadmanlet04

Kraken
''why not go to a gym bruh'' I already do. but recently me and a buddy of mine picked up hicking where we just hike in the woods and have a picnic away from the city. assuming we do this twice every week, with few hours spent on foot with 30+ pounds on your back, how much muscle would this build?

For calves and core yes.
Check the e) gymcels do it.

Also would help if climbing stairs or walking up hill for upper leg development as well.

You have a high chance of developing bad posture.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
''why not go to a gym bruh'' I already do. but recently me and a buddy of mine picked up hicking where we just hike in the woods and have a picnic away from the city. assuming we do this twice every week, with few hours spent on foot with 30+ pounds on your back, how much muscle would this build?
Good way to maintain and build some if you're a newbie, but this really won't do much except build your legs, hit the gym faggot

Good way to maintain and build some if you're a newbie, but this really won't do much except build your legs, hit the gym faggot
I already do, 2 days per week for strength training

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 22190
You have a high chance of developing bad posture.
except not really unless you carry it like a retard. soldiers basically do this shit everyday and they don't seem to have any noticeable posture issues

except not really unless you carry it like a retard. soldiers basically do this shit everyday and they don't seem to have any noticeable posture issues
If you say hiking, I would think you're walking up a mountain. In which case you're usually leaning forward a bit. Having a heavy backpack will certainly not help your posture in this case. But maybe you have strong postoral muscles, in which case you would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back