Is Coffee BAD for you?

Kingkellz

Kingkellz

Mod - Head of head of head of head of Doctors
Staff
Polyphenol antioxidant/tannins in coffee binds medication, herbs, and phytonutrients preventing absorption rendering them useless to the body.

Roasted coffee. The roasting process is what produces the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons which is known to increase risk of cancer.

May increase risk of kidney stones but research is conflicting with some even saying it lowers risk of kidney stones.

Increase LDL cholesterol unless filtered

May increase anxiety and insomnia (depending on sleep duration)

Caffeine and potential bone loss and vit D receptor issues but again conflicting studies.

Why so much conflict? One study says it is good another says it is bad. Are the studies that support coffee intake being funded by the multi-billion dollar caffeine industry or are they simply legit and coffee is mostly good for you?

Certainly can't be good for teeth.

If it is bad there are alternatives like green tea or dandelion root tea.

Thoughts? @Laikyn @kjsbdfiusdf @CupOfCoffee @Witheredly90

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Clark69, Stopping@Nothing19, Deleted member 16530 and 20 others
It’s great from a bioenergetic perspective.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, BrickTop, Yerico7 and 3 others
horrible
dehydrates you
causes circles and shit around eyes
qhen i quit my energy was legit better and circles went away

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Clark69, Marsiere214, datboijj and 6 others
horrible
dehydrates you
isnt it good for fat loss? or is it just the coffeine inside

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz
ion know
it does help with hunger
but it causes dehydration if not in moderation and not drinking eough water
truly horrible for wiehgt loss
hitting the gym and dieting is much better
fuck coffee legit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Kingkellz and .👽.
quitting coffe consumption is hard, but long term effects on skin are worth it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Marsiere214, Preoximerianas and 6 others
yes i agree there is alot conflict just like all other nutrition topics

i think the effects of coffee are different for every person
@
kjsbdfiusdf
@kjsbdfiusdf @
CupOfCoffee
@CupOfCoffee @
Witheredly90
@Witheredly90 @Kingkellz

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099 and Kingkellz

@
kjsbdfiusdf
@kjsbdfiusdf @
CupOfCoffee
@CupOfCoffee @
Witheredly90
@Witheredly90 @Kingkellz

Its not confusing just stop listening to nutritionists and ask people on internet forums instead (unironic)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Marsiere214, Deleted member 15099, Deleted member 2729 and 3 others
horrible
dehydrates you
This is why you need sugar with it

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Michael, Deleted member 2729, Kingkellz and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Deleted member 2729, Kingkellz and 1 other person
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: horizontallytall, Patient A, DatNibba11 and 4 others
Its not confusing just stop listening to nutritionists and ask people on internet forums instead (unironic)
i dont listen to nutritionists ,i listen to myself:ogre:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Kingkellz and lutte
I just use it to control my appetite and lose weight (alongside nicotine) when I'll gain muscle I'll stop both because then u become hungry as fuck

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
I just use it to control my appetite and lose weight (alongside nicotine) when I'll gain muscle I'll stop both because then u become hungry as fuck
same caffeine pills stop me snacking bad foods

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Kingkellz
coffee is imo overall a looksmin thing.

But damn, am I addicted to my 1 or 2 cups of coffee per day. I doubt I could cope through the day, without it.
I'm addicted basically.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Kingkellz and noodlelover
It's a looksmin.

The top google search results for almost anything health related are bullshit.

So Coffee consumption is associated with lower risk of Parkensons (Study).

But that is only because of the caffeine in it (Study) and Decaf Coffee doesn't have that benefit.

But that's probably because Caffeine increases metabolism and burns fat (Study) and the greater fat you have the greater amount of risks for all kinds of diseases.

Your body also becomes desensitized to caffeine as well. So Cycling a regular preworkout daily before your workout, 1 month on, 2 months off, is likely a 1000x healthier than drinking coffee despite all the propaganda. People are dumb.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099 and Kingkellz
Coffee is good.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: lutte, noodlelover and Kingkellz
Ngl I always felt like most people that are addicting to it are mostly in it for the caffeine and actually dislike the taste of the beverage itself. Also, coffee as people drink it today (processed, coated in plastic, etc.) surely has to be awful in the long run.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, noodlelover and Kingkellz
Ngl I always felt like most people that are addicting to it are mostly in it for the caffeine and actually dislike the taste of the beverage itself. Also, coffee as people drink it today (processed, coated in plastic, etc.) surely has to be awful in the long run.
No, we like the taste

• +1
Reactions: Descargue96, xefo, TrestIsBest and 1 other person
sugar even worse
Bruh
Proof?
Sugar might not be good in high amounts (>40g a day) in the long term as it might age your skin due to glycation of cells and tissues.

Glycation: Sugar molecules attach to a lipid or protein- particularly collagen and elastin proteins in the skin. This process produces advanced glycosylation end-products (AGEs) which cause protein fibers to become stiff and malformed , resulting in wrinkles, stiffness and loss of elasticity and accelerated aging, The body does not recognize AGEs as normal, and will produce antibodies that cause inflammation in the skin. Sugar is a dehydrating agent, so it increases oil production. It also affects water binding so your skin - also dark circles. Typical sugars involved in glycation are glucose, fructose, or their derivatives. Glycation is a biomarker for diabetes and is implicated in some diseases and in aging.
same caffeine pills stop me snacking bad foods
They say it is good for fat loss and appetite because it is an appetite suppressant especially decaf is better for this as it increases the satiety hormone PYY.
Our randomized human trial showed that decaffeinated coffee can acutely decrease hunger and increase the satiety hormone PYY.

I guess coffee teeth is also something I should worry about maybe I will try tea instead.

@
kjsbdfiusdf
@kjsbdfiusdf @
CupOfCoffee
@CupOfCoffee @
Witheredly90
@Witheredly90 @Kingkellz

One things is for sure about coffee though, it's bad for the teeth and skin. So any serious looksmaxxer should be wary imho.
Caffeine reduces collagen synthesis in human cultured skin fibroblasts. HA did not have any significant protective effect on this process. This is the first study to our knowledge that reports caffeine-induced inhibition of collagen synthesis in human skin fibroblasts.

coffee is imo overall a looksmin thing.

But damn, am I addicted to my 1 or 2 cups of coffee per day. I doubt I could cope through the day, without it.
I'm addicted basically.
Your body also becomes desensitized to caffeine as well.
Ngl I always felt like most people that are addicting to it are mostly in it for the caffeine
yeah I noticed a lot of people can't go through the day without their shots of coffee idk what that feels like and I don't want to know either

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lutte, LastHopeForNorman, Blue and 4 others
i love coffee

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and Kingkellz
Im glad that I drink water and occasionally fruit juice:)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, datboijj and Kingkellz
yeah I noticed a lot of people can't go through the day without their shots of coffee idk what that feels like and I don't want to know either
Yeah.
At least I never am a coper, whom will say something is good because I'm addicted.

• +1
So its bad to have a cup of black coffee in the morning? :feelsbadman:

• +1
Coffees me. It literally never even began for coffeecels

• +1
Polyphenol antioxidant/tannins in coffee binds medication, herbs, and phytonutrients preventing absorption rendering them useless to the body.

Roasted coffee. The roasting process is what produces the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons which is known to increase risk of cancer.

May increase risk of kidney stones but research is conflicting with some even saying it lowers risk of kidney stones.

Increase LDL cholesterol unless filtered

May increase anxiety and insomnia (depending on sleep duration)

Caffeine and potential bone loss and vit D receptor issues but again conflicting studies.

Why so much conflict? One study says it is good another says it is bad. Are the studies that support coffee intake being funded by the multi-billion dollar caffeine industry or are they simply legit and coffee is mostly good for you?

Certainly can't be good for teeth.

If it is bad there are alternatives like green tea or dandelion root tea.

Thoughts? @Laikyn @kjsbdfiusdf @CupOfCoffee @Witheredly90
Coffe is good. I've been having it regularly enough since I was 3 or four.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: lutte, Wallenberg, Kingkellz and 1 other person
ill never understand it

fuck coffee

• +1
  • JFL
Yes. My mother used to always make me a cup or two whenever we had a morning at the house together. Every since I learned to piss right.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and TrestIsBest
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002 and Kingkellz
My digestion got a lot better when I dropped coffee. Skin cleared up, too. Green tea is a great source of antioxidants--no need to drink coffee.

Mud/Wtr is also great; that's what I used to replace coffee.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16552, Deleted member 9670 and Kingkellz
Most likely bad for you long term (especially when you drink multiple cups a day) but I don't care at this point I can't quit. Fucks up your stress hormones too.

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and Deleted member 9670
The glycation thing you posted is bullshit op, not in the way that it isn't true but that its overblown and giga over pedantic. You can't avoid it unless you go low carb and keto pretty much so if you eat lots of carbs for gymceling you will get glycation which isn't that bad so stressing about it is meaningless

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Kingkellz
Also what about black tea instead of coffe?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Kingkellz
If you willingly drink caffeine you are willingly submitting yourself to 4 hours of copious shitting and panic attacks. That is not maxing anything apart from your nervous system & bowel system. Fuck caffeine drinkers. You anxiety ridden shitters. Cope.

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and Mezza Voce
Damn wtf. Doesnt coffe help with debloating?

• +1
Drs have show that by eliminating coffee from your diet, you can decrease by a whopping 83%, the little enjoyment you have left in life.

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 4946, Patient A and 1 other person
horrible
dehydrates you
who's the shitskin in your pfp? No way he was a member here lmao

• JFL
It's probably fine when drinking one cup of coffee per day's worth

Slamming 4 cans of energy drinks every day is probably not good for you.

• +1
If you willingly drink caffeine you are willingly submitting yourself to 4 hours of copious shitting and panic attacks. That is not maxing anything apart from your nervous system & bowel system. Fuck caffeine drinkers. You anxiety ridden shitters. Cope.

Tbh.

• +1
I don't touch caffeine and I've never done a lick of research regarding the damage that caffeine does to you. Caffeine dries the fuck out of your skin, imagine what it's doing to your hair?

• +1
Sugar might not be good in high amounts (>40g a day) in the long term as it might age your skin due to glycation of cells and tissues.

Glycation: Sugar molecules attach to a lipid or protein- particularly collagen and elastin proteins in the skin. This process produces advanced glycosylation end-products (AGEs) which cause protein fibers to become stiff and malformed , resulting in wrinkles, stiffness and loss of elasticity and accelerated aging, The body does not recognize AGEs as normal, and will produce antibodies that cause inflammation in the skin. Sugar is a dehydrating agent, so it increases oil production. It also affects water binding so your skin - also dark circles. Typical sugars involved in glycation are glucose, fructose, or their derivatives. Glycation is a biomarker for diabetes and is implicated in some diseases and in aging.

They say it is good for fat loss and appetite because it is an appetite suppressant especially decaf is better for this as it increases the satiety hormone PYY.

One things is for sure about coffee though, it's bad for the teeth and skin. So any serious looksmaxxer should be wary imho.

this is bs not true

• JFL
My High IQ take: Coffee is good for you, it has antioxidants, helps with depression and keeps you alert and physically strong throughout the day. But it becomes bad for you if you take more than 500mg of caffeine per day.

• +1